• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ordering new Meindl hiking shoes

Time of past OR future Camino
Via Podiensis 2022, Camino del Norte 2022
Hi - I am currently on the VDLP in Merida, on my way to Santiago. I may need to replace my Meindl hiking shoes. I have looked online and the retailers who sell my shoe seem to be in the Netherlands, France or Germany. Is it straightforward to get items delivered into Spain from anorher EU country? For example, would it be delivered quickly? Within 1 week? Or 2 weeks? Or would it get held up in Spanish customs clearance? Thanks for any advice.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi - I am currently on the VDLP in Merida, on my way to Santiago. I may need to replace my Meindl hiking shoes. I have looked online and the retailers who sell my shoe seem to be in the Netherlands, France or Germany. Is it straightforward to get items delivered into Spain from anorher EU country? For example, would it be delivered quickly? Within 1 week? Or 2 weeks? Or would it get held up in Spanish customs clearance? Thanks for any advice.

This Spanish / French company sells them.

There is always El Corte Ingles in Salamanca. Broad choice but no Meindls.

Good luck!

Last edited:
If your shoes are not beyond repair, you might try a reparador de botas de montaña in Salamanca.
Reparación de Calzado Paco for instance has lots of pictures of new vibram soles on hiking shoes.
Address: P.º del Rollo, 95, 37003 Salamanca.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have no idea how long it will take to get your new boots....BUT....not a great idea to wear new footware on long walks....The Camino responds very well to old, well worn boots that know your feet. It takes a while for your feet to get to know new boots....a long courtship is needed...buen camino

There is no customs between EU member states, so there won't be any delay for customs.

I have had mine repaired. Being an EU brand should not be any customs issues if ordered from a German stockist. Best to get repaired

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have no idea how long it will take to get your new boots....BUT....not a great idea to wear new footware on long walks....The Camino responds very well to old, well worn boots that know your feet. It takes a while for your feet to get to know new boots....a long courtship is needed...buen camino
Thank you - I agree with you - I would always break in my shoes/boots, but it seems the Gortex lining in these shoes has failed - I am considering a new pair, but I may or may not do that - wet feet for a day or two is nor a major problem for me. Depends a lot on weather etc etc. In any case, I like these shoes a lot and I may buy another pair just to take home with me (i.e. to Australia).

Thank you so much. If customs is not a problem, I will order them on line. Australian customs sometimes holds up packages delivered from overseas - that was my concern. I thought that Spain, being in the EU, should be no problem with customs, if package coming from another EU country - but thought I would check anyway. Thanks again.

If your shoes are not beyond repair, you might try a reparador de botas de montaña in Salamanca.
Reparación de Calzado Paco for instance has lots of pictures of new vibram soles on hiking shoes.
Address: P.º del Rollo, 95, 37003 Salamanca.
Thank you for your response. Good to know this, though not relevant this time. Thanks again.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have had mine repaired. Being an EU brand should not be any customs issues if ordered from a German stockist. Best to get repaired
Thankyou - that's what I wanted to hear. I like these shoes a lot - I know my size - they don't need breaking in time. I just needed to know if they would get held up in customs (like they could in Australia). Thanks again!

If you know your model and size you could order them at globetrotter.de, a leading German outdoor-chain. They send parcels to Spain at a rate of 24,50 €, this should be possible within 1-2 weeks or worth to check out with them.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If not too late just a warning that new boots even exactly the same model and size, are not necessarily the same. I prevaricated over whether to resole my Meindl boots or buy new ones. It seemed to make sense to buy new.After several miles breaking in time, just before Camino, they were still really uncomfortable and I ended up taking an old pair of walking shoes, which made it to Santiago, just. I tried again when I got home, even using stretchers, but they never got comfortable and I ended up giving them away. I hope you are luckier.

Most read last week in this forum

**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again! Hi! I am 15 days out from my...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
I had bought the long Camino banner-style map in Santiago and finally got around to having it framed. The framers managed to tear my map and I'm in need of a replacement. Does anyone know where...
Hi Guys This is just for info really; but if mods want to they can delete! For this May's Camino i have gone back to my Talon 33 (so much less stuff this time; in fact everything is in the top...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.