• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Two pilgrimages in Sept 2022: 1/cycling Camino del Norte from Gijon to Santiago, then on to Finisterre and Muxia 2/ walking Camino Portuguese from Tui

Is there a Post Office in or near Madrid airport?

• Yes, in the Domestic Airport or there is one near the airport

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jochaplin

Time of past OR future Camino
29/8/22: Cycling Camino del Norte from GijĂłn
Hi All, I'm flying into Madrid Int, will then have about 5 hours before my Domestic flight to Oviedo.
Is there a Post Office in or near the airport (Int or Domestic) as I would like to post my hiking backpack with hiking clothes to Santiago.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Suggest asking at the airport information desk, they'll know for sure. You may have to take a cab out of the airport, have the kit boxed & labels ready, remember the Correos will normally close 14:00 or 14:30. The Del Norte is a great ride, plenty of hills to keep it interesting, enjoy

Suggest asking at the airport information desk, they'll know for sure. You may have to take a cab out of the airport, have the kit boxed & labels ready, remember the Correos will normally close 14:00 or 14:30. The Del Norte is a great ride, plenty of hills to keep it interesting, enjoy
Thank you for the info especially re closing time of the Correos. My flight arrives in Madrid at 14.30 and then I depart for Oviedo at 19.50. Does the Correos open again later i the afternoon?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you for the info especially re closing time of the Correos. My flight arrives in Madrid at 14.30 and then I depart for Oviedo at 19.50. Does the Correos open again later i the afternoon?
Most offices will close for a couple of hours over lunch, maybe if there is one at the airport it will stay open, couldn't find one on Google Maps though. Found one south of the airport in Barajas that reopens at 16:30, should be doable for your flight to Oviedo. PS the airport is near Aviles - I rode from their to Oviedo a couple of years ago for the Cia Plata going south.

Most offices will close for a couple of hours over lunch, maybe if there is one at the airport it will stay open, couldn't find one on Google Maps though. Found one south of the airport in Barajas that reopens at 16:30, should be doable for your flight to Oviedo. PS the airport is near Aviles - I rode from their to Oviedo a couple of years ago for the Cia Plata going south.
Thank you Skinnybiker , for looking into this for me. It’s re-assuring to have a plan. If there is no Correos at the airport, I’ll go to Barajas and should have time to get back for my flight. Is Donestic check in usually 1 hour before the flight?

If you're flying into Madrid, connecting on to Oviedo with Iberia then your baggage should be checked through (if you have to collect & recheck your baggage that's another story) and you should already have a boarding pass. However if you exit the airport then you will have to return through security etc so allow more than an hour, it just depends how busy they are at the airport. It always takes longer at major airports than provincial airports.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back