• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Ultreia!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Great - keep in touch with the forum, let us know about the weather and open/closed rfugios and bars, etc .... enjoy!

Buen Camino :wink:

Hello from Zubiri tonight!

My DH and I have slogged through some rains, mists, squalls here in the higher passes of
of the CF between Roncevalles and Zubiri. Most pilgirms who motor first day from ST. JEan PdP to Roncevalles have a blister or two. We stopped at Orrison first day and are glad we started slowly.
It is a serious hike straight up for two days and only the seasoned hillwalkers are breezing by. We catch up moving slowly and steadily leaning heavily on our old fashioned pilgrim staffs.

It is flooding in parts of Spain, and it was a chilly 44 degrees today with wind chill. Bundle up, pilgrims!

http://www.ultreiacaminofrances.blogspot.com
Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Nice. Don't worry about the flooding, that is 500 miles away. Go Camino!!!! :wink:

Zubiri? Isn't that just the absolutely perfect place to open a coffee shack? !!

Update...

In Astorga at a hotel waiting to hit the mountains ahead.
The Camino Frances has been busy....many Americans and all ç
nationalties here!
It has turned cold and windy....
Autumn is here on the Camino.

Bed bug bitten pilgrims encountered at Roncal in Cizur Menor and at Albergue Verde in Hospital de Orbigos, but the hospitaleros were very much on top of the situation....both are great places, so don´t miss them....just saying that pilgrims are afoot with the critters.

LArge Albergue in Villa Mayor de Rio east of Burgos seems to be closed, or gone..the whole town seems shuttered and the only place is a tiny albergue in Quintana off to the right. Best I can remember!! Please report this c losed albergue to Ivar if you talk to him, please? Pilgrims should know that thye cannot count on this....5 km short of Belrado, actually, and perhaps it was too close to the town to survive.

Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Good to see from the comment on your blog that you are back on the road again
Buen Camino

David said:
Nice. Don't worry about the flooding, that is 500 miles away. Go Camino!!!! :wink:

Zubiri? Isn't that just the absolutely perfect place to open a coffee shack? !!

Dreary Zubiri could definitely be improved by a warm coffee shack.

Tia Valeria said:
Good to see from the comment on your blog that you are back on the road again
Buen Camino

We made it to Santiago on October 30th, attended All Saint's Day Mass on November 1, the big holiday,
and they swung the butofumeiro of course.
It was quite moving.

Rainy and chilly in Gallicia, so we did not venture to Finisterre or Muxia, but instead returned home a few days early to the East Coast US. We were glad to come home to see our house intact, but really feel for all those who are still suffering from Sandy's effects.

Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Just put up my latest post with a slideshow
of photos. It covers our arrival in Santiago.

I also plan to post our daily itinerary soon, and in some detail, so that other pilgrims can get an idea of how milage may vary!

Thank-you all for your interest; the most traffic on the blog is coming from this forum!
Way cool!

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back