• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Urgent help needed Room for the night

anna pugh

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles 2016
The hotel I was booked at is closed. The alternative is so filthy I wouldn't wah a rat in the shower. I need alternative accommodation. Is there an albergue in pontedueme?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hola Anna, If there is a contact phone number on the hotel door they will maybe be expecting to open for you - Hotel Iberia did so for us last year. Otherwise at the roundabout at the Pontedeume end of the bridge, near Hotel Euisma, directions to albergue are :- at end of bridge turn sharp right and walk along the river side to the long low building. The albergue is approx in the middle of the block - again you might have to phone for it to open. Also ask in bars nearby , they might know of other places too.

not sure where you are booked but if itsHostel Luis they close for a couple of hours in the afternoon and open again about 7pm, there is also the big hotel Eumesa ,ask in bar Tinos near the bus stop and hostel Allegre opposite Luis ( ring the bell up the steps for entry). None of these are filthy. There is an albergue on the river front.
I only walked the Ingles again last week so know it well.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
not sure where you are booked but if itsHostel Luis they close for a couple of hours in the afternoon and open again about 7pm, there is also the big hotel Eumesa ,ask in bar Tinos near the bus stop and hostel Allegre opposite Luis ( ring the bell up the steps for entry). None of these are filthy. There is an albergue on the river front.
I only walked the Ingles again last week so know it well.
Thank you

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The hotel I was booked at is closed. The alternative is so filthy I wouldn't wah a rat in the shower. I need alternative accommodation. Is there an albergue in pontedueme?
Anna, there is an albergue in Pontedueme. I stayed there last year in September. Its near the long bridge you cross and then turn right. Its sign posted. Municipal Albergue and its clean and cozy. Buen Camino :) Caesar

Also Anna. I agree with Sabine. Betanzos has a great Municipal Albergue. Evening mass at the beautiful church. Very pretty area. Buen Camino :). BTW, I fly to Santiago from Frankfurt on sunday 20 March. You'd already have arrived in the Holy city.

Anna, there is an albergue in Pontedueme. I stayed there last year in September. Its near the long bridge you cross and then turn right. Its sign posted. Municipal Albergue and its clean and cozy. Buen Camino :) Caesar

The 2 story one with the beds on the 2nd floor? :)

I liked that one, right on the water.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The 2 story one with the beds on the 2nd floor? :)

I liked that one, right on the water.
absolutely. I loved it. Left at 6.30 am and started walking UP

Thank you everyone xx have now arrived in meson do vento having missed the signs and carried on.. in the dark.. for another hour. Hopefully a more successful day tomorrow to Siguerio :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Great :). A more gentle day tomorrow to Sigueiro. Cafe bars are few on the stage and sometimes problems with them being open earlier in the morning so feed well on breakfast tomorrow morning in Meson just in case.
Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back