• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD US Pilgrim on Camino Frances: France and Spain travel

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

kpeyer86

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances: May/June 2022
I am set to fly from US to Paris on May 3rd and then will take trains/bus to SJPDP to begin the Camino Frances. Will fly from Santiago back to Paris at the end of my Camino. I've done hours and hours of research but am nervous to arrive in Europe only to be missing some requirements. It seems all I need is my CDC card to show proof of full vaccination + booster in order to fly into France (both times?). No documentation is needed to walk across border from France to Spain, correct? Am I missing any forms/apps that will be required while within France or Spain?

I know I will need a negative test in order to return to US but am hoping that requirement is dropped by the time I will be finishing my Camino.

I appreciate any and all recent experiences or knowledge that people can share!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You are correct. CDC COVID vax card with proof of booster will get you on the plane and into the EU countries of Spain and France. Flying into Spain you would also need the health pass - but not for France. And correct - no one checks at the French/Spanish border on the Camino.

Returning home, you do need that negative test as well. I too hope they drop the requirement for vaccinated/boosted US citizens at a minimum soon!

Does the CDC card need to be converted to the french vaccine pass to take the train to SJPP?
NOPE! At least - not as of current rules. Of course - rules change but currently not required even to enter many places in France.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You are correct. CDC COVID vax card with proof of booster will get you on the plane and into the EU countries of Spain and France. Flying into Spain you would also need the health pass - but not for France. And correct - no one checks at the French/Spanish border on the Camino.

Returning home, you do need that negative test as well. I too hope they drop the requirement for vaccinated/boosted US citizens at a minimum soon!
Thank you so much! Honestly, it just seemed too easy so it's nice to have some confirmation that I'm not missing a step!

I apologize. I just don't understand, as an inexperienced traveler, I'm getting worried I won't be able to board my plane or get off my plane. I keep reading and just get more confused.
Simply (as of today since the rules may change again) - Do I need a test, and then have results in hand, before departure?
  1. Flying into Spain from USA April 29, 2022
  2. Fully vaccinated, had 4th booster
  3. CVS says I need a $139 PCR test but it may take "several" days to get results
  4. Registered on SpTH but cannot complete form until 72 hours before travel. The website says If you do not have the EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent, you must complete the SpTH Health Control Form, manually entering the details of your vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test certificate. What does the form ask? Results of test? Which test? What if CVS testing takes more than 72 hours?
  5. The SpTH site lists several acceptable tests: 72 hours prior to departure for Spain for NAAT (nucleic acid amplification tests, e.g. RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA) / 24 hours for RAT (rapid antigen test), the result of which has been negative. Where are you all getting tests and what were the costs?
OMG - I'm beginning to believe the most difficult part of the Camino will be just figuring out all the rules - as if I didn't have enough anxiety already.

I apologize. I just don't understand, as an inexperienced traveler, I'm getting worried I won't be able to board my plane or get off my plane. I keep reading and just get more confused.
Simply (as of today since the rules may change again) - Do I need a test, and then have results in hand, before departure?
  3. CVS says I need a $139 PCR test but it may take "several" days to get results
  4. Registered on SpTH but cannot complete form until 72 hours before travel. The website says If you do not have the EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent, you must complete the SpTH Health Control Form, manually entering the details of your vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test certificate. What does the form ask? Results of test? Which test? What if CVS testing takes more than 72 hours?
  5. The SpTH site lists several acceptable tests: 72 hours prior to departure for Spain for NAAT (nucleic acid amplification tests, e.g. RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA) / 24 hours for RAT (rapid antigen test), the result of which has been negative. Where are you all getting tests and what were the costs?
OMG - I'm beginning to believe the most difficult part of the Camino will be just figuring out all the rules - as if I didn't have enough anxiety already.
Flying TO Spain/France - you only need to show your CDC card showing your Vax and booster doses.
Flying TO Spain/France - you do NOT need a COVID test if you are boosted.
Flying TO Spain/France - COVID testing is only required IF UNVACCINATED or PARTIALLY VACCINATED (which would include those due for boosters who have not received boosters.
Flying TO Spain - you do need to complete the SpTH. You only have to add your vaccinations. You do NOT have to enter test results because as you said - you are fully boosted. It asks for your contact information and for you to enter your vaccinations. I think it might have asked where I would be staying - first albergue is what you would list. (Flying TO France - not necessary and no French Equivalent currently required).

FLYING TO USA - You will need to get a COVID test to come home. Unless they change the rules before your return. You can do a google search for COVID test locations in the city you are travelling home from. Some airports have them too. Cost varies.

EDITED to add: I just pulled up the SPTH App: this is what it asks for:
Valid email address
Details of your passport
Flight details
Accommodation address
Vaccine Information (if required for your country of origin - required for US.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This is US Embassy in France - COVID information

This is US Embassy in Spain - COVID information

Walking from France into Spain - No additional requirements. No "border" Checkpoints.

I am set to fly from US to Paris on May 3rd and then will take trains/bus to SJPDP to begin the Camino Frances. Will fly from Santiago back to Paris at the end of my Camino. I've done hours and hours of research but am nervous to arrive in Europe only to be missing some requirements. It seems all I need is my CDC card to show proof of full vaccination + booster in order to fly into France (both times?). No documentation is needed to walk across border from France to Spain, correct? Am I missing any forms/apps that will be required while within France or Spain?

I know I will need a negative test in order to return to US but am hoping that requirement is dropped by the time I will be finishing my Camino.

We are flying to Paris from the U.S. on the same day!
That's less than three weeks from today - getting very excited.
(I will be spending a few nights there before heading to SJPP so I'll be walking a few days behind you.)

Thanks for asking all these questions, even if they've been discussed here before.
I've done more than my share of research as well but agree it can be quite confusing.
Wishing you a very Buen Camino!

I got that test from Walgreens drive thru prior to flying to Hawaii... very quick (around 5 hrs from test to results), I recieved a scan code by text message, that I uploaded to the Hawaii website. In the airport they scanned the code, gave me a wristband and all good...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
And your Spain travel health form is only able to be completed 48hours before scheduled landing. (Unless it’s changed in the las few weeks)

And your Spain travel health form is only able to be completed 48hours before scheduled landing. (Unless it’s changed in the las few weeks)
According to this post from @Kathar1na it has changed to 72 hours prior to your flight.
I now see that SpTH have eased the deadline for the earliest point in time when travellers can complete filling in their data and receive their QR code. They can now do it as early as 72 hours before departure from their home country; it used to be 48 hours. Quote from the SpTH website (I did modify the language a little 😇):

You must fill in the entire form on the website or app. You can send the form to the Spanish health authorities from 72 HOURS before the departure of your flight. Once sent, you will immediately receive an email with a QR code that you will have to show before boarding and also when passing through health control at the destination airport in Spain. You print out the QR code or keep it on your mobile phone.

Blocked until 48 hours or until 72 hours before? Ever the skeptic and doubter, I thought I'd check again and there was a mini surprise. Look at the screenshots. One screenshot for the form being filled out in the app and one screenshot for the form being filled out on the web. 🤔😅

Blocked until.jpg

Also, if you allow me this comment, the "before your arrival in Spain" is a bit of nonsense. The system/app does not verify your flight details. It goes simply by the date that you enter as the date of your flight. You, the user and passenger, does not have to perform any great date/time conversions. Simply count back by 2 days (app) or 3 days (web) from the date you entered for your flight and complete the form. Or even simpler: Look whether you can continue; if still blocked, come back later. It's easy peasy.

Also, you can only enter one thing: Either your last vaccination OR your proof of recovery OR a negative test. So: Vaccination/booster is good and if you have that, no test is needed for flights to Spain.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Also, you can only enter one thing: Either your last vaccination OR your proof of recovery OR a negative test. So: Vaccination/booster is good and if you have that, no test is needed for flights to Spain.

I would think that for people who received a 2nd booster less than 2 weeks before traveling it would be better to enter the date of the first booster.

I believe that they don't consider the booster to be in effect until two weeks after it was given, but there is thus far no "expiration" on the first booster, so that date should be acceptable.

2nd booster
I have no idea whether Spain has set a minimum waiting time until a booster certificate is valid. The SpTH app just advises to enter Date of last dose administered and then one has to tick whether the Dose type is a Complete regimen or a Booster. On the website it says about validity: These certificates will be considered valid since the day the booster dose was administered.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have no idea whether Spain has set a minimum waiting time until a booster certificate is valid. The SpTH app just advises to enter Date of last dose administered and then one has to tick whether the Dose type is a Complete regimen or a Booster. On the website it says about validity: These certificates will be considered valid since the day the booster dose was administered.
Thank you for clearing that up.

I was going by this statement on the Travel Safe Spain website:

Notice: Keep in mind that you need 14 days from the last dose at least and no more than 270 days since the date of administration of your last dose. From that moment on, your vaccination certificate must show the administration of your booster dose.

I was going by this statement on the Travel Safe Spain website:
Notice: Keep in mind that you need 14 days from the last dose at least and no more than 270 days since the date of administration of your last dose. From that moment on, your vaccination certificate must show the administration of your booster dose.
Yes, this is a little unclear. Despite this lack of clarity, I had already assumed that this refers to the primary vaccination (their "complete regimen") and I can now confirm that the SpTH app 'validates' i.e. accepts as valid, a booster vaccination with a date that is just one day before the day when the form is filled in. ☺️

So, small advice for those of you who have had the SpTH app since last year: Update it for your next flight to Spain. ☺️
Yep did one when we flew to Barcelona in August of 2021 so chances are will just pull that up an update with pertinent information
Only 33 days to go....

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I was just in Spain in March 24th. No test needed only CDC Card showing your booster if your second vax is more than 270 days and the Spth QR code. The spth is completed 48 hrs before your arrival time in Spain. For me, I completed the form the day before my flight since one arrives the next day. You do need your seat assignment to complete the form. Once complete, you will receive a QR code.

I brought my own test to test back for the US. I am hoping the US stops requiring this by the time we walk the camino in October.

Safe travels!!

I can understand people's confusion and frustration about finding up to date and accurate information about covid-related requirements for both your country of departure and your country of arrival. However, one thing appears to be consistently missing in people's urgency to have covid restrictions lifted. When you are required to have negative tests to board your flight, presumably everyone else is required to as well. I feel a lot safer flying knowing that (and I have had to continue flying regularly throughout the pandemic). As restrictions lift and flights become full again (with numerous passengers refusing to keep their masks on, once in the air), the chances of becoming ill upon arriving for your walk will increase. Then what?

I hope I’ve got the right information? Am I correct in thinking I no longer need a QR code to fly to Spain from the UK? I filled in the SpTH (Spanish Health Form) and did “EU equivalent” and got a Green coloured “Valid”. Told to follow the signs for Orange health control! I’m really surprised if that’s correct as a friend had to fill in a QR code two weeks ago for the Canaries! Can anyone confirm this is correct? Thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I hope I’ve got the right information? Am I correct in thinking I no longer need a QR code to fly to Spain from the UK? I filled in the SpTH (Spanish Health Form) and did “EU equivalent” and got a Green coloured “Valid”. Told to follow the signs for Orange health control! I’m really surprised if that’s correct as a friend had to fill in a QR code two weeks ago for the Canaries! Can anyone confirm this is correct? Thanks!
File didn’t load for this message so here goes:1F6FB78F-1708-4160-8DB4-B041909CDB7D.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
Can anyone confirm this is correct?
It is correct.

But you are a UK pilgrim travelling to Spain and you got vaccinated in the UK and therefore you have an EU equivalent certificate while this thread deals mainly with US pilgrims travelling to Spain who got vaccinated in a country that does not issue EU equivalent certificates and hence the rules are different for them.

Also, the rules for travelling to Spain changed recently which is why the rules from two weeks ago for your friend are not the same as the rules for you now.

Buen Camino!

It is correct.

But you are a UK pilgrim travelling to Spain and you got vaccinated in the UK and therefore you have an EU equivalent certificate while this thread deals mainly with US pilgrims travelling to Spain who got vaccinated in a country that does not issue EU equivalent certificates and hence the rules are different for them.

Also, the rules for travelling to Spain changed recently which is why the rules from two weeks ago for your friend are not the same as the rules for you now.

Buen Camino!
Sorry for going on the US area but thanks anyway for confirming!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Flying TO Spain/France - you only need to show your CDC card showing your Vax and booster doses.
Flying TO Spain/France - you do NOT need a COVID test if you are boosted.
Flying TO Spain/France - COVID testing is only required IF UNVACCINATED or PARTIALLY VACCINATED (which would include those due for boosters who have not received boosters.
Flying TO Spain - you do need to complete the SpTH. You only have to add your vaccinations. You do NOT have to enter test results because as you said - you are fully boosted. It asks for your contact information and for you to enter your vaccinations. I think it might have asked where I would be staying - first albergue is what you would list. (Flying TO France - not necessary and no French Equivalent currently required).

FLYING TO USA - You will need to get a COVID test to come home. Unless they change the rules before your return. You can do a google search for COVID test locations in the city you are travelling home from. Some airports have them too. Cost varies.

EDITED to add: I just pulled up the SPTH App: this is what it asks for:
Valid email address
Details of your passport
Flight details
Accommodation address
Vaccine Information (if required for your country of origin - required for US.
Thank you so much for your clarity! I'm arriving on May 4 and kept disbelieving what I was reading about not needing to get a Covid test prior to entering Spain if fully vaccinated and boosted. So helpful. Just the proof of vaccination and SPTH App. Easy peezy. For now, anyway....

Recently returned from a quick break to Majorca from UK (mid April). Going out we required:
Proof of vaccinations
SpTH form with seat numbers and flight details also where we were staying. At the time it was 48hrs before!
Whilst out there, there was talk of the rules changing after Easter. So masks only required in hospitals, or other ‘sensitive’ locations. Restaurants bars hotels and Albergue look as if they don’t require masks
Not sure if any alterations to SpTH will be added.
Back on Wednesday 20th April to Biarritz and onto SJPdP to start my gentle stroll! Forecast rain :-(

The airline for my flights (late last fall) had a "travel ready" portion on the app. I filled out and uploaded anything that was required for my destination. It clearly outlined what was needed (after all my previous research and anxiety, lol) Coming home I uploaded a picture of my negative test confirmation. EVERYTHING went very smoothly!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

I am currently in France at the moment-- arrived on Sunday, April 17th. No problems encountered. Had with me:
1) Passport
2) CDC cards showing 3 doses: vaccines given in Jan 2021, Feb 2021and booster Feb 2022.
3) Print-out of tracking form.
I was at an American Airlines counter with a friend who did the same thing, and the agent thought that the form needed to be on one's smart phone, and gave friend website address to do it online right then and there. Friend said that the same website allowed printout of form (which takes all of 5 minutes to complete). Agent then took the form to a supervisor who okayed the printout. I then walked over to Air Tahiti Nui counter for my flight. I had all of the 3 listed documents. No questions asked about the printed form there. Arrived at CDG and after waiting in line about 20 minutes, the border control agent simply stamped my passport, looked at the printout for all of 2 seconds, handed it back to me and said "have a nice visit." I asked if I needed to stop at the airport's pharmacy for clearance to board trains (I plan to see some cities here as part of my travels) and enter restaurants-- he said that there was no need for that.
I am expecting no problems as I fly to Italy (to see extended family), then fly from Rome to Lisbon to walk Portuguese Coastal route. I realize that as of this date, I will still need to have a Covid test the day before flying home in mid-June.
I will add that once over here, there is no shortage of qualified pharmacists and similar to give guidance on what you might need for any given situation.

I am currently in France at the moment-- arrived on Sunday, April 17th. No problems encountered. Had with me:
1) Passport
2) CDC cards showing 3 doses: vaccines given in Jan 2021, Feb 2021and booster Feb 2022.
3) Print-out of tracking form.
I was at an American Airlines counter with a friend who did the same thing, and the agent thought that the form needed to be on one's smart phone, and gave friend website address to do it online right then and there. Friend said that the same website allowed printout of form (which takes all of 5 minutes to complete). Agent then took the form to a supervisor who okayed the printout. I then walked over to Air Tahiti Nui counter for my flight. I had all of the 3 listed documents. No questions asked about the printed form there. Arrived at CDG and after waiting in line about 20 minutes, the border control agent simply stamped my passport, looked at the printout for all of 2 seconds, handed it back to me and said "have a nice visit." I asked if I needed to stop at the airport's pharmacy for clearance to board trains (I plan to see some cities here as part of my travels) and enter restaurants-- he said that there was no need for that.
I am expecting no problems as I fly to Italy (to see extended family), then fly from Rome to Lisbon to walk Portuguese Coastal route. I realize that as of this date, I will still need to have a Covid test the day before flying home in mid-June.
I will add that once over here, there is no shortage of qualified pharmacists and similar to give guidance on what you might need for any given situation.
Thanks for this on-the-ground update, Jim. I don't know what the "tracking form" is that you mention though. Could you clarify this?

Thanks for this on-the-ground update, Jim. I don't know what the "tracking form" is that you mention though. Could you clarify this?
OK, I should have written "locator form" instead of "tracking form." To me, it's all so similar that I've used the terms interchangeably. The website for all this information is on the site: https://app.euplf.eu/#/ Some of the airlines have copies of blank locator forms. The counter at American Airlines didn't have it because my friend was traveling with a stop at Chicago, so he was using a domestic flight counter instead of the international counter. Despite that, the problem was resolved in 5 to 7 minutes. Air Tahiti Nui had a stack of blank locator forms at their counter
Please note that certain locator forms pertain to a select grouping of EU countries. My own ventures are a bit more complicated, in that my journey to Europe includes visits to both family and friends before embarking on a camino hike and will cover 4 countries, starting and ending in Paris.
It seems that a few European countries have banded and gone their own way, but in any case, I got this from info sent to me from the airlines prior to my departure flight, and the forms supersede other forms when many more countries than presently were listed as red or orange. These forms and regulations are bound to remain in the state of flux as covid numbers shift. I think it's important to attend to messages from the airlines regarding your flights and don't think that your situation is unique. Also understand that Europe wants your business, and I feel that they have resources to assist in resolving issues quickly.

I’m flying from the US to Paris on April 30, and will take a train to Hendaye on May 5 to start the Camino del Norte.
I have my CDC card as well as proof of vaccination from my health insurance provider which has a QR code on it. Just in case.
You will also need to fill out the EU locater form online to enter France.
You should have no problem entering Spain from France on foot. Just be sure to have your proof of vaccination with you at all times.

I'm confused. Would someone need the 2nd booster if it has been more than 270 days since taking the 1st booster?

hmmmm possible..... I believe it is implied that one needs the 'next' shot if it has been more than 270 days since taking the previous one

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Flew San Francisco to Paris on United Airlines on April 30.
United has a “fly ready” procedure on their website which verifies your vaccination status, and asks that you have filled out your EU located form.
Our boarding passes had “fly ready “ on them.
When we arrived at Paris CDG, we weren’t asked for anything but our passports. They were stamped and we were on our way.

Flew San Francisco to Paris on United Airlines on April 30.
United has a “fly ready” procedure on their website which verifies your vaccination status, and asks that you have filled out your EU located form.
Our boarding passes had “fly ready “ on them.
When we arrived at Paris CDG, we weren’t asked for anything but our passports. They were stamped and we were on our way.
Hi Herman, airlines are going to those sorts of systems to expedite matters. American Airlines abd several of its One World partners use VeriFLY. I was in a situation where I didn’t have a working computer but was able to download and print the blank form required by France— no holdups whatsoever. I’m only postings my experiences because there are some folks who are very worried that they would be denied boarding, but it does seem that most agents are willing to help anyway they can. Still in all, it’s the passenger’s responsibility to find out what is needed and to comply to ensure a seamless abd pleasant experience getting to the destination

I was just on the Camino from Canada. The SPTH required only one, full vaccinate, or a covid test or proof of recovery. You just have to upload one of these things.

Starting from Monday, air passengers will no longer be required to wear face masks in EU flights nor airports.

Reactions: Jim
I'm confused. Would someone need the 2nd booster if it has been more than 270 days since taking the 1st booster?

I believe it is implied that one needs the 'next' shot if it has been more than 270 days since taking the previous one
No. So far, as I understand it, no expiry date has been given to the first "booster." The booster is the shot that follows the original 1-or 2-dose set, and is required 270 days after the completion of the original set. No country has required 4 shots for entry.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@C clearly
Within reason that is what I meant
I don't think the first booster falls into the 270 days limit although by now it it's probably quite close

Just there: Spth: no problem 72 hours, the code came in a couple of hours. They ask questions about your current covid status. Also uploaded vaccine information. It was easy. You just show it (the QR code) upon arrival. The PCR to US is not required. Antigen: at pharmacy, some results within an hour.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
On the same day, face masks will cease to be mandatory in public transport in France. Hooray !!
Thank you… things moving quickly!!! For clarity is that flights within the EU zone (I.e Brussels to Milan) as opposed to flights to/From an EU country.. I.e Sarajevo to Milan or vice verse. Have googled but not clear. Assume former as press releases seems to have come from EU?

Thank you… things moving quickly!!! For clarity is that flights within the EU zone (I.e Brussels to Milan) as opposed to flights to/From an EU country.. I.e Sarajevo to Milan or vice verse. Have googled but not clear. Assume former as press releases seems to have come from EU?
@Chef66: You can read the press release on either the ECDC or the EASA website:

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/news-...irst-steps-relax-covid-19-measures-air-travel
https://www.easa.europa.eu/newsroom...irst-steps-relax-covid-19-measures-air-travel

The two agencies - the ECDC and EASA - are not "the EU", ie not one of the 4 legislative/political European Union entities. ECDC and EASA are merely two of the numerous agencies that exist all over the place.

If you are a frequent flyer to and from airports in the EU, don't throw your face masks away yet ... 😇

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you… things moving quickly!!! For clarity is that flights within the EU zone (I.e Brussels to Milan) as opposed to flights to/From an EU country.
There are likely to be various liminal cases, variable from one airline to the next, and one route to the other.

I would suppose, and of course caveat as this is just personal opinion subject to verification, that EU-based carriers flying over international waters would follow EU and EU National laws and rules -- i.e. no masks needed.

As to arrivals at an airport in the EU, that's much easier ; no more mask mandate after arrival at the airport.

The two agencies - the ECDC and EASA - are not "the EU", ie not one of the legal/political European Union entities. ECDC and EASA are merely two of the numerous agencies that exist all over the place.
They are both organisations that belong to the EU executive branch, as implemented by each Nation State individually

Any EU Member State can require airlines based in that State and/or arriving at its airports to require rules that may diverge from those that are established as the norm by Brussels, and by those organisations in particular.

So sure, find out in advance and in detail prior to travel date. Which is just basic advice anyway !!

But I'm sure that in practice, mask mandates will exist in only a minority of flights arriving in EU airports moving forward.

Or if you want to stay well.
That's what ECDC and EASA say, too. And people know of course that they must not believe every bit of the newest news that they read in the news media or on social media without double checking the actual source.

For people who fly within the next few days to Spain or another EU country: You must comply with your airline's requirements. You won't get far when you object and say that you read on the CaminodeSantiago forum that mask wearing is no longer required "by the EU". I am greatly amused by headlines such as these:

21 hours ago: Ryanair to drop face mask rules on EU flights
2 hours ago: Ryanair to drop facemasks on all its flights except for 15 EU countries - full list

And not only Ryanair. Other airlines like Lufthansa and Iberia have also announced that they will not drop the mask requirement on flights to and from certain EU airports on Monday 16 May.

Or if you want to stay well.
Probably best not getting on a plane in the first place!😊 Half the people seem to spend their time eating and drinking with masks off anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back