• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD US return travel/link for covid tests

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The link usually given is $150 for 6 tests (emed). It’s more expensive because of the proctor element, I think? But I definitely don’t need 6 of them. I found this link through an airline article. I just thought perhaps I’m not the only one who doesn’t want 6 tests.

American health insurance is *supposed to reimburse for any purchased Covid tests. I had to dig to find my insurance’s link for submitting a claim. We shall see if I actually see a check from them. 🤷🏼‍♀️

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Do the tests given to us here in Oregon by the government work for our return?
Anyone know?
If so, I can just take those.

i made an appointment for the day i leave from Madrid airport at “fly covid test center” i hope that helps someone. it was 30 euros online.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Another option for a test to take with you would be to purchase a FlowFlex test locally (the RiteAid in my town has them) then pay separately for the video observation.
One note - make sure that you buy the FlowFlex test in the white box, as it is the one approved for travel back to the US.

I suppose the self-kits are appealing in terms of convenience. Some have reported having difficulty getting connected because of many customers wanting to use the service at the same time. I bought several home, non e-verification kits in case we need to monitor ourselves while traveling. The first time, I made a mistake, which invalidated the test, but it still came back negative. I repeated the test correctly and It came back negative. There are some great videos on Utube on how to use them. The test at Madrid airport with a scheduled appointment is 30 euros. We were in quickly and waited for our results for about 15 minutes while having coffee.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
So did I two days ago, but Canada just announced that tests are not required anymore.
30 euros down the drain but happy with the news never-the-less. Getting back to normal.
maybe you can get your money back? otherwise who knows what will be happening by then maybe it will come in handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back