• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to buy Altus Poncho

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Both cities have a decathalon store....not sure about altus specifically but definitely have options

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
That link is just a link to google maps showing sporting goods stores in Leon.
That link is to the previous thread to where the question was asked. The reply by @Susan Peacock linked to the Armeria Castro Deportes y tienda Peregrino (la Rua).in Leon.
The images have an Altus Poncho (or very similar) on a Mannequin on its website.
That was the question asked originally regarding Leon and my previous post should be satisfactory for both Madrid and Leon depending on where the OP chooses.
Edit: The store at Leon is even on the Camino Frances route with the directional sign on the outside.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes, it appears that El Corte Inglés does carry the Altus. You would probably have to contact the particular store to see if it's in stock. Perhaps it can be ordered in advance with store pickup.

Well there is a store in Leon and four in Madrid so I figure the question is now answered.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
@kdtorrez
IMG_5370.jpeg
{sorry not sure how to make this smaller}

Check out these guys on IG.
📬📦They are out of Spain but ship worldwide
Why not order online and let them ship to you?
What if you pay in advance and get to a store and there is a mix-up and no 🌧️Poncho for you?
The H30 /newest version- is lightweight and had comes with a compression packing bag-
It’s important to consider the Poncho weight in your backpack right?🎒
Buy it now.💵💳. I just bought mine for $45 + $12 in shipping… Shipping takes two weeks.
Easy peasy - ✅ Done.
What else can we help you with ?👋😀🫶🏻
When are you doing your Camino? 🥾🥾🥾

Last edited by a moderator:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ah, if you're going to do that sort of thing just go to Amazinggod - you'll only reduce the life of the planet by a couple more nano-seconds.

Shop Local!!! ;)

Ah, if you're going to do that sort of thing just go to Amazinggod - you'll only reduce the life of the planet by a couple more nano-seconds.

Shop Local!!! ;)
For me… I’m in the USA 🇺🇸-{as I believe the OP is too}—no local distributors here.
If we want the “true Altus Poncho”- and not an unproven/inferior “knockoff”- online ordering is our only option.
Were you trying to say Amazon/Amazinggod? 😉
{If you were— Amazon only sells knock off versions.}
I’d rather support the “Original inventor” of a Product and not a “knockoff version”
Altus has a good reputation, and is recognized for a quality product 💵😉

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
@kdtorrez

Check out these guys on IG.
📬📦They are out of Spain but ship worldwide
Why not order online and let them ship to you?
What if you pay in advance and get to a store and there is a mix-up and no 🌧️Poncho for you?
The H30 /newest version- is lightweight and had comes with a compression packing bag-
It’s important to consider the Poncho weight in your backpack right?🎒
Buy it now.💵💳. I just bought mine for $45 + $12 in shipping… Shipping takes two weeks.
Easy peasy - ✅ Done.
What else can we help you with ?👋😀🫶🏻
When are you doing your Camino? 🥾🥾🥾
Yes, I noticed this morning that when I searched for Altus Poncho that Trekkinn comes up as a vendor that ships to the US and other countries.

Yes, I noticed this morning that when I searched for Altus Poncho that Trekkinn comes up as a vendor that ships to the US and other countries.

🛍️🛍️🛍️
AND it had a 21% discount … so even tho we are paying $12 for 🇺🇸 shipping… it still is the “regular Altus poncho price of about $60/€60”
I’ve already ordered 3 different rain coats to try and return (Thank you REI and Hard Mountain for reasonable return policies 😁)
Whooo-hoo… Happy Dance 💃🏻 “Wet/Rain gear shopping” is ✅ done 👍

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks, just placed my order. My first Camino in October, flying into Madrid and take the train to Leon and walk from Leon to Santiago. Then God-willing do the 1st part another time. Its been on my bucket list for 10 years and finally getting the opportunity at 65 yrs old. Hope to have many more Caminos to come.

Thanks to all who replied. Buen Camino.

The Altus poncho is not magic!

I would not buy *any* gear, especially rain gear, that I had not previously tested at home in the rain.

-Paul

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.