• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

VdlP

Inglenook

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues - April 2015
Camino Vdlp - July 2016
Im going to start from Cadiz around 16-17 of July, but not sure which road to take, actually still don't have a plan. Is anybody know where to get map and piligrinos pasport stamped on the stages from Cadiz to Sevilla. Even google map doesn't show walking route from Cadiz to Sevilla.
What I know for sure that I'll start main walk from Sevilla on Sunday July,23.
I hope, I wouldn't be alone on the Camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Inglenook,
I am sure you are already aware of it but I feel I have to say it, just in case: beware of the heat! You have to be prepared for that...
Starting early July, there were only about 10 people, walking at different speeds and spread over a few days. I walked with my husband and we were most days alone. Other pilgrims said they had seen no-one for the first 10 days or so.
It does get more 'crowded' as you go up North, there were quite a few bus loads and people travelling by taxis. We met them in the evenings (if we stayed in a Casa Rural for ex) but of course we weren't walking together.

Buen camino.:)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The route from Cádiz to Sevilla is called the Vía Augusta. You might find info about it online if you use that name on your searches. On the forum, the last report for that route was made earlier this year on this thread: www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/starting-the-augusta-tomorrow.39388

If you read Spanish, you can find info about the route at: www.asociaciongaditanajacobea.org
Thank you so much. Tell the truth it has never crossed my mind that it has another name. I thought is the same Camino VdlP

Hi Inglenook, I walked the vdlp earlier this year, starting in Seville. For about 10 days I walked with a man from France who had started in Cadiz in mid-March. He said he did not enjoy the route because of its long and, in his view, fairly monotonous stages. He said out of the 6 or 7 pilgrims who started at the same time he did, only two of them stayed on the Via Augusta all the way to join up with vdlp - the others just jumped ahead. The french man is a professional photographer and his way of explaining what the route from Cadiz is like was to say: "Take a picture, walk an hour, take the same picture again. Walk an hour more, take the same picture again...."
I haven't been on the Via Augusta myself but, given his descriptions, I would definitely think twice about it, especially in the heat of the summer. Although I also understand the desire to make the vdlp longer!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back