• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking back from Muxia - is it feasible to walk beyond Negr

Mark2012

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2012, 2014) Camino Finisterre (2012, 2013, 2014) Camino Portugues (2013), Camino del Norte (2015)
Hello all,

Just a quick question for you. As I type these words, I am in an albergue in Muxia, and will start walking back to Santiago tomorrow. I´m content to do the walk in three days, but I´d love to give myself as short a distance to go on the last day as posible. With that in mind, I´m wondering is there a viable stop between Negreira and Santiago. (can´t quite figure out the question mark on this keyboard, so apologies for that!) I know Santiago is only 22 or so kms from Santiago, so it´s not exactly an epic last day, but I would like to get into Santiago as early as is feasible on Thursday morning, as I hope to meet someone who is flying out that afternoon. It may well be that I´ll simply start walking at 5am, with a view towards getting there 10-10.30ish, but if I could avoid such an early start then that would be nice!

I really didn´t notice anywhere as I walking out from Santiago a few days ago, but then again I wasn´t looking.

Another reason is that I´m slightly anxious about keeping track of the markers in reverse and not going astray. At the very least, I expect the need for extra attentiveness to slow me down a little bit, which is another reason why I´d like to avoid too much dark walking in the early morning!

So, apologies for being long-winded, but I wanted to be very clear on why I´m asking this question. I love the fórum, but I notice every now and then that posters can answer the question they think the poster should have asked, as opposed to the one that was actually asked. so I wanted to remove any potential ambiguiyu... that and I´m naturally long-winded!

Thank you in advance!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Mark,

The only place I have been able to identify is this Casa Rural, Casa Riamonte (centre of the picture) about 500/600m off the route just prior to Ventosa as you walk back to Santiago. It would give you approximately 11km to walk the next morning.

I just stumbled across it on Google Earth so can't vouch for whether it is still there or quality but there is a website with contact details should you want more information. Drawback is that it is EUR 50 per night :shock: :shock:

I hope that you find somewhere and manage to meet up with your mate.

Buen Camino

Attachments

• CasaRiamonte2.jpg
    CasaRiamonte2.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 418
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Mark,

Another spot besides the Casa Riamonte mentioned above by Mig might be the Albergue de Logrosa in Logrosa which is a tiny hamlet close to Chancela. They list both private rooms and DORMS. Here is their web. http://www.alberguedelogrosa.com/

Good luck and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back