A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Live - Camino Francés Walking back to SJPD from Santiago 22.8.19

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

steve cole

Camino(s) past & future
Starting the french way today
Just walked my 4th CF , now started walking back to SJPD If you want to get my perspective on the return journey then check my daily posts on Instagram steve1963cole.

So far day one to ribadiso de Baixo has been interesting !

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Again, soon as possible!
I have walked back a few times, I like it. Enjoy!

Note that the climb out of Molinesca is brutal in this direction, as is the climb to Alto de Perdon!

Buen Camino
Davey

steve cole

Camino(s) past & future
Just walked my 4th CF , now started walking back to SJPD If you want to get my perspective on the return journey then check my daily posts on Instagram steve1963cole.

So far day one to ribadiso de Baixo has been interesting !
Thank you Dave, I was thinking it would be hard, will start very early on the day from Ponferrada. On the way down I often take the road way( to avoid falling down) but going up will do the path! Should be there on Thursday 🙏👍

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Again, soon as possible!
Met any interesting characters also walking back yet? Last time a group of us who were walking back accidently met up in Villafranca Montes de Oca. Me, A young punk guy with two lovely friendly Staffie dogs, A very old man with a very old donkey (was donkeys 4th or 5th camino - she knew the way), and a pretty young French girl. We were quite a group!

Buen Camino!
Davey

steve cole

Camino(s) past & future
Met any interesting characters also walking back yet? Last time a group of us who were walking back accidently met up in Villafranca Montes de Oca. Me, A young punk guy with two lovely friendly Staffie dogs, A very old man with a very old donkey (was donkeys 4th or 5th camino - she knew the way), and a pretty young French girl. We were quite a group!

Buen Camino!
Davey
Nobody yet, on the way to Santiago only saw 4 people walking back. Its a strange experience , but I like the solitude 👍.

I get annoyed when I hola to pilgrims and and some don't respond ! But besides that it's great 🙏🙏🙏😎

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%