• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking in April, 2012

Hi! I'm Peggy from Asheville, NC. I will be flying to Paris on March 27 and hope to begin walking from SJPP by March 30. I look forward to being on the Camino on both Palm Sunday and Easter. Would like to hear from others who might be walking during this time frame.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hola Peggy, welcome to the forum. I hope your preparations are going well. Last April 14,000 pilgrims arrived in Santiago and in May almost 20,000. Early indications are that numbers will increase again this year. You will meet new friends as you walk up the hill from St Jean! Promise.

Let us know how you get on.

Buen Camino

John

pbeaman@charter.net said:
Hi! I'm Peggy from Asheville, NC. I will be flying to Paris on March 27 and hope to begin walking from SJPP by March 30. I look forward to being on the Camino on both Palm Sunday and Easter. Would like to hear from others who might be walking during this time frame.

Welcome to Forum!

If your walking pace is about 23- 25 km per day then you might meet me on the camino after Santo Domingo. I will start from Irun and walk to STO Domingo and continue on the Frances hopefully reaching Santiago the first days of May. If you see a red Vaude Tour 40 L rucksack with a Forum Bagde do not hesitate to say hello!
buen camino
annie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Peggy:

I will be starting on the Camino Aragones on April 3rd. I will join the Camino Frances at Puente de la Reina about 6 days later. So I may be a day or two behind you. With a rest day or two, maybe we will meet up somewhere along the way.

Jeff

Peggy and Jeff,

I think we are going to be on the Frances exactly the same time - I think I will reach Santo Domingo the 7th of April. And my companion Joe is planning for the Invierno just like you Jeff!
see you soon!
annie

Hi Peggy, and Annie and Jeff,
I depart London on 30 April so may be a day or two behind you. Though I'm fairly quick over flat ground :wink: so I may see you all somewhere on the meseta.
I'll be red rucksac'd too and wearing my forum patch.

Buen Camino

Barry

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Tincatinker said:
Hi Peggy, and Annie and Jeff,
I depart London on 30 April so may be a day or two behind you. Though I'm fairly quick over flat ground :wink: so I may see you all somewhere on the meseta.
I'll be red rucksac'd too and wearing my forum patch.

Buen Camino

Barry

You mean March 30? And from SJPP April 1? Then we will be on the Frances exactly the same time. I will join Frances in Sto Domingo around April 7 perhaps April 6.
buen camino
annie

Annie, thanks, I do indeed mean 30 March. (I recently took redundancy and have lost the hang of what day / month it is). Departing SJdP 1 April. Hope to see you somewhere down the road.

Buen Camino

JohnnieWalker said:
Last April 14,000 pilgrims arrived in Santiago. Early indications are that numbers will increase again this year.

John

Thank God have a pair of dark glasses.........if it all gets too much........it's like a walking city :lol:
7 weeks to go, 'training' walk in the snow today, a lovely day....... :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
pbeaman@charter.net said:

Greetings from Memphis,
I will be arriving in Pamplona on 3/31 - hopefully we meet on the Way!
Buen Camino
Mike

Greetings everyone!

My name is Laura I am from Canada and will be starting my camino in SJPP on April 7th. Who knows maybe I will run into some of you :D I'm flying into Paris CDG and spending a few days there and will eventually make my way down to SJPP.

Buen Camino

Laura

Hello All! My name is Dan, I'm from New York and I too will be starting at SJPdP on April 1 (just call us the April Fools). This is my first Camino. I have been dreaming of doing this for the past 25 years and planning to do it for the past 25 weeks. I look forward to meeting up with you all. Buen Camino to all my fellow April Fools!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all, my name is Rod and I am from Melbourne Australia. Karyn, my wife and I (along with our 14yo Granddaughter) will be starting out from St Jean on the 1st April. I attempted the Camino back in 2007 alone but only walked 10 days before taking a side trip with some folk I met along the way. The one big regret I have is that I did not take the time to enjoy the journey so this time we have no set goals (or pace ) other than to finish. What will be will be and hopefully we will meet plenty of great people along the way to share our trip and memories

My wife and I are leaving Nova Scotia on 28th March, going to London to collect her sister. The three of us plan to go to Bilbao on 1 st April and (somehow) go to Roncesvalles the next day..the first stretch would be too tough for us according to my son who did the whole walk last year. We plan to walk for about a week - 10 days and return in September if all goes well....

Hi Peggy,

I will leave SJPP on April 1st, so will be right behind you. Perhaps we'll meet up somewhere along the way?! Let's hope for nice walking weather.

John

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi I´m Bengt from Sweden and I will arrive to St Pied de Port at mars 25 and I´ll be walking until may 04 and if I have time left I will continue to Finisterre. It´s beautiful out there. Se you on the Camino

Hi Everyone,
I'm Nick from the New Forest in Hampshire, England. I'm setting off fro SJPdP on April 17th...looking forward to meeting many new friends along the way.
Best wishes to you all.

I may be out there walking myself in April, for sure in May... But there´s almost always somebody here at The Peaceable in Moratinos, out in the Meseta between Terradillos de Templarios and Sahagun. We have a warm spot in our black little hearts for fellow English-speakers, so stop in when you pass through. Just don´t blink, or you will miss it!

(got a nice new sello too!)
Reb.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Nick, I'm a Forest boy myself, well nearly, raised near Romsey but (mis-) spent my youth in the forest. I'll be ahead of you but you may be quicker over the hills.

Reb, I do really hope to see you, or at least the Peaceable. Love your blog and your kind and helpful posts across this forum.

John, Bengt, Shawzy, Rod, Karyn, Dan, Peggy... Oh what fun we'll have ...

Yes. Just a week left to go. I´m in the middle of packing, but I have no problems of what to carry. I have been walking ten days a couple of years ago and what I had then worked just perfect and I don´t want to carry more than 7 kilo. That will be a little over 8 when you bring water and other small stuff like shampoo and so on.
So the morning of 26 of mars I will start from St Jean of everything goes as planned.
See you out there

Hi guys,

I'm Irene and I'm leaving from Roncesvalles on April 20th. This is my 2nd Camino. This time I plan to do it veeeery slowly (18 - 20 km/day) to fully enjoy everything along the way: the landscape, the friendships, the towns, the monuments, the churches, the ruins, the storks, the cuckoo... I have no planned date to finish. I'm a photographer and photos of my 1st camino are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosdamonta ... 162889226/

I have been walking 10-15 km a day for the last month or so in Rio de Janeiro's sweltering summer as part of my training, and I'm looking forward to some cool weather, maybe frost on the fields in the early morning... I'm not taking heavy photo equipment, only a small (but very good) Canon point-and-shoot to carry in my pocket, just as I did in 2006.

Hope to bump into some of you along the way! I'm the short blond woman with cropped hair and the smallest scallop shell you'll see along the Camino, attached to a 25-liter bright green backpack. Managed to trim my load down from 8,5 kg (17% of my weight) in 2006 to 5,5 kg (11% of my weight) plus water and food, so everything will be small, compact, mini, nano (including myself).. :)

See you guys there, buen Caminooooo!...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
March 17th.....all of our 'camino clocks' are now ticking.

How's everyone doing?

I've been walking 3-5 miles a day plus a long walk on the weekends. Bought a 45 degree sleeping bag and have been obsessively reading this forum.

I'm excited, a bit nervous, and am working through my 'to-do' list.

Buen Camino, Everyone!

Jeff

Preparations well under way..bought a couple of lightweight sleeping bags today...So many sources of contradictory advice!..the man in the camping store would not sell me a sleeping bag--he said that you get them on the camino...So I went to another store! LOL Plan to carry no more than 12 pounds (5.4 kg). I wonder how we will recognize fellow forum writers?..maybe we need a forum flag...LOL again!.....
ps Shawzy is my nickname...I am John, my wife is Rea, and her sister from London is Dena..we are natives of Belfast, Ulster.

shawzy said:
Preparations well under way..bought a couple of lightweight sleeping bags today...So many sources of contradictory advice!..the man in the camping store would not sell me a sleeping bag--he said that you get them on the camino...So I went to another store! LOL Plan to carry no more than 12 pounds (5.4 kg). I wonder how we will recognize fellow forum writers?..maybe we need a forum flag...LOL again!.....
ps Shawzy is my nickname...I am John, my wife is Rea, and her sister from London is Dena..we are natives of Belfast, Ulster.

Many forumites have the yellow arrow forum badge on their packs - see Ivar's advert for same :D

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It´s a litte late to buy the pilgrim forum badge, but that would be a way to recognize members.
If you can carry 5,4 kg thats great. I will try not to get over 7 kg.
Just a week to go today. Time goes fast.

hello I've just booked my flight to Madrid leaving on the 27th March it's my third attempt to walk this way to Santiago, I will be picking up the yellow arrows at Leon where I left them not so many moons ago.I probably won't meet any of you lovely peeps, but wishing you all a "Buen Camino" anyways

Plans shaping up; fly to Bilbao on 3oth March, spend night in Pamplona then get that taxi to Roncesvalles on 31st March, so as to start walking on !st April. Anyone know about accommodation in Linzoan? My son stayed there..not sure whether it will be open in April

John

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello All!
I am in Santo Domingo now!

Hello! My name is Mayuri and I am leaving florida tomorrow for Madrid, then off to Roncesvalles or pamploma. any suggestions? am I supposed to book alburgues in advanced? I was under the impression that you can just show up that evening and stay. Advice for a first timer???

Hi all!
Where are you? I am in Bercianos now.
buen camino to you all
annie

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.