• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking in June

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Cool - is often like that, plans fail, Camino calls - enjoy every moment, both the good and the bad. I will be on Camino from mid June - may see you.

Buen Camino!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
June on the Camino is marvellous , enjoy every minute :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, I'm Keith from Tennessee, USA. Planning on starting in June. This will be my first Camino. Had big plans that just didn't work out, so now the Camino has called my name and I intend to answer the call. Cant wait to walk and see everyone!
Like you, the call came, and the “Camino provides”.
I am planning my Camino next year after my “big plans” didn’t work out.
I hope all works out for you!

Buen camino
Thanks for liking my post. On weather. Are your trail runners Brooks Cascadias? That’s my show and I love them. Bought my third pair for my fourth Camino on the Norte starting in September. Just wondering have a good day.

Thanks for liking my post. On weather. Are your trail runners Brooks Cascadias? That’s my show and I love them. Bought my third pair for my fourth Camino on the Norte starting in September. Just wondering have a good day.
Thanks for the advice on footwear. Apart from small treks I have never encountered a walkof this magnitude. I am very much in the thinking/planning stage at the moment with an eighteen month window so am looking at all the posts and experiences with great interest!
ANY advice is accepted with gratitude!
I have read that the Norte is the more difficult route but not lacking in scenery! I am tempted to plan for the Frances (the Meseta doesn’t fill me with any dread) but have an interest in Basque culture and would like to experience Guernica to tread in the footsteps of the atrocities of the war!
I should add that I consider myself fit although not a teenager any longer (63)....just think I still am!
Thanks for your advice.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am 64. I probably will not walk the CF anymore.
I have walked about 3500k so far and for me I like the solitude of walking during the day and to make friendships that last a lifetime at breaks and in the evening. CF will give you provide everything you need everywhere. I met a man in Finesterre last year who was 64 and just finished the Norte. Said the first week was a little tough. But he said it was beautiful and well worth it. My advice to you is take it slowly at first. Which ever Camino you walk. Just listen to your body and it will tell you when to stop and rest and went to walk. It’s not an easy lesson set the first week was a little tough. But he said it was beautiful and well worth it. My advice to you is take it slowly at first. Which ever Camino you walk. Just listen to your body and it will tell you when to stop and rest and when to walk. It’s not an easy lesson. to learn. You may come across wonderful people who are more experienced workers who walk more quickly or even more slowly or walk longer distances than you. Trying to follow someone else’s Camino can be a very painful experience. I have seen so many people develop really painful injuries that were avoidable because they wanted to stay with their family or group. Any Camino you pick will be the right one. Just listen to your heart and take one step at a time. You will do so much planning and you will see very quickly that will all go out the window. You will be nervous before you go don’t worry it just makes the experience even richer. I am still nervous getting ready for my fourth Camino and I don’t leave for four more months. I look at the stages I worry about the hills of her oh it might be too far to walk 26 or 27 km so early in the Camino but you know what everything works itself out. Buen Camino.

Thanks for the advice on footwear. Apart from small treks I have never encountered a walkof this magnitude. I am very much in the thinking/planning stage at the moment with an eighteen month window so am looking at all the posts and experiences with great interest!
ANY advice is accepted with gratitude!
I have read that the Norte is the more difficult route but not lacking in scenery! I am tempted to plan for the Frances (the Meseta doesn’t fill me with any dread) but have an interest in Basque culture and would like to experience Guernica to tread in the footsteps of the atrocities of the war!
I should add that I consider myself fit although not a teenager any longer (63)....just think I still am!
Thanks for your advice.
I am 64. I probably will not walk the CF anymore.
I have walked about 3500k so far and for me I like the solitude of walking during the day and to make friendships that last a lifetime at breaks and in the evening. CF will give you provide everything you need everywhere. I met a man in Finesterre last year who was 64 and just finished the Norte. Said the first week was a little tough. But he said it was beautiful and well worth it. My advice to you is take it slowly at first. Which ever Camino you walk. Just listen to your body and it will tell you when to stop and rest and went to walk. It’s not an easy lesson set the first week was a little tough. But he said it was beautiful and well worth it. My advice to you is take it slowly at first. Which ever Camino you walk. Just listen to your body and it will tell you when to stop and rest and when to walk. It’s not an easy lesson. to learn. You may come across wonderful people who are more experienced workers who walk more quickly or even more slowly or walk longer distances than you. Trying to follow someone else’s Camino can be a very painful experience. I have seen so many people develop really painful injuries that were avoidable because they wanted to stay with their family or group. Any Camino you pick will be the right one. Just listen to your heart and take one step at a time. You will do so much planning and you will see very quickly that will all go out the window. You will be nervous before you go don’t worry it just makes the experience even richer. I am still nervous getting ready for my fourth Camino and I don’t leave for four more months. I look at the stages I worry about the hills of her oh it might be too far to walk 26 or 27 km so early in the Camino but you know what everything works itself out. Buen Camino.
awww thank you! I am not a Camino fossil...just a fossil!
I am lucky (in a way) as have always lived an active life! I will probably stick to the CF and the lesson of body and mind was learnt a long time ago.
Everyone’s reasons to attempt a Camino (pilgrimage) is different and complex and mine are so varied it would not be possible to even start! If nothing else a chance to walk/look/think/talk and detox would be sufficient!
Thanks for your lovely reply and advice!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I’ve walked in Topo Athletic and Altras. Both have very wide toe boxes. No blisters from either and now these brands have better treads so good grip and comfortable for walking on stones. I think Brooks also do wide fittings? Isn’t it good when you find shoes that work for you?

I’ve walked in Topo Athletic and Altras. Both have very wide toe boxes. No blisters from either and now these brands have better treads so good grip and comfortable for walking on stones. I think Brooks also do wide fittings? Isn’t it good when you find shoes that work for you?
Yes the Cascadia is good for a wide foot. I live in Mexico now and my daughter brought me my new Cascadias when she visited 2 weeks ago. I put them on at the airport and it was like an old friend back on my feet immediately!!!!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back