• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking in September/October this year

9ADiamonds

Hi, my name is Nina (pronounced with long "i") from San Francisco, CA, USA

This is my first Camino and first walking journey. And a long introduction.

First, much appreciation and gratitude to this forum and other sites for the wealth and sharing of information. Your insights have helped me tremendously as my body and I plan for this within three months.
http://amawalker.blogspot.com
http://www.santiago-compostela.net/

About a month ago, out-of-the-blue I remembered this short story I read long time ago written by a woman who did a walking journey. I was intrigued because I pay attention to things that come to me out-of-the-blue. A few days later I found the short story and saw in the heading that the walk was in Spain - the Camino de Santiago. I did not read the short story then. I thought 'how synchronistic' as I would be traveling with a friend from 1 to 21 September to Italy and then France. After that I would be traveling solo to visit friends in Germany and England, yet we had not connected to sort out the particles (as I call the details). Perhaps a walking journey would be in order (and I am thinking a week). Little did I know (literally)!

For the past three weeks since I began reading about the Camino France, I keep saying NO - probably because this is NOT a day-walk AND I will be "backpacking" AND I don't want to spend money on gear AND what other reasons can I come up with :). Camino and Source are saying YES! AND if not now, then when?

They keep calling me to journey. So if all goes ease, easy, flow, then I will leave Paris on 20 or 21 September and begin my journey to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port & walk the Camino France. Actually the journey has already begun :)

Thank you Source for telling me on 28 May to get out my hiking boots and start wearing them the next day, every day. Feet were fine until yesterday, when they were not happy in the hiking boots. I pay attention to my feet and shoes since I urban walk a lot to do errands (no car). So I'm ISO of different shoes. And the Keen Targhee II Mid might be the ones. Mailordered several sizes from REI. The Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra Mid 2 GTX Hiking Shoes are also a possibility. I use their trailrunners every day for my urban walking.

And I'm weighing my backpack & stuff with a goal of 12 pounds or less. My urban walking has taught be over the years that one pound can feel very heavy very quick after one hour of walking.

All Good!
Nina

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
9ADiamonds said:
Hi, my name is Nina (pronounced with long "i") from San Francisco, CA, USA
So if all goes ease, easy, flow, then I will leave Paris on 20 or 21 September and begin my journey to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port & walk the Camino France. Actually the journey has already begun :)
Welcome to the Camino Francés. Yes, some of the exciting parts of the adventure are the preparation and excitement to discover. This Forum has loads of useful information: just check if your question has been asked before (top of page).
Enjoy :)

Nina,

What an adventure you have in store for you! I walked the Camino Frances in Sept and Oct and had a most wonderful adventure. The weather was beautiful, the scenery beyond description, the people engaging. Enjoy yourself. Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Welcome Nina,
Yes you'll have a lovely time in the Autumn with fresh fruit able to be consumed & occasionally picked......lovely colours too

Buen camino

David

Dear Nina,
Great advice to start training in boots now, I walked the Camino the same time last year. SPPDP to SDC from Sept.23, arriving on Oct.19. I doubled up a couple of the 33steps so I would have time to go to Finisterre and Muxia. You will have a wonder-filled time on the Camino and the best part of it will be the people you will meet. At the end of each day get your feet into flip flops as quickly as possible and soak them in any nearby stream. The weather was perfect for my walk, sunny every day with the exception of the morning I walked into SDC, liquid sunshine, which I am told is good luck. Forward any questions you may have to me and if you wish I can send a photo album of my Camino to you. I remain in contact almost daily with people I met on the walk, make sure you get names and Emails. Buen Camino,
Vincent

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back