• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking the French Way Sept. 2017

Janetlm

Time of past OR future Camino
French Way September 2017
Helo,
I'm walking the Camino in September and I was wondering if anyone has any insight to the weather at that time?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Helo,
I'm walking the Camino in September and I was wondering if anyone has any insight to the weather at that time?
I started the last week of August last year, and it was HOT. Plenty warm the first couple of weeks of September too. But I have heard of it being cool and wet that time of year too.

Helo,
We can't prodict the weather , it is as it is.

Wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino , Peter .

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I went at that time in 2015 and out of 42 days had 4 days of rain. It was nice and hot when I started and got cooler as I got into October. as you can never tell from year to year what the weather will bring be prepared for everything. If you carry rain gear and have a really hot camino, you'll feel cheated that you didn't actually use, on the other hand, it's not fun being wet without it.

The route is 450 miles long, east to west, and crosses mountains and deserts, therefore, it does not have a single weather! You can check the history section of weather sites like wunderground for previous Septembers for several cities along the way. They will give you the big picture. September can be hot, and it can be wet. It won't be cold, so the worst you will encounter is a morning chill at the higher elevations.

Helo,

We started September 22, 2016 from SJJP, the weather was warm with some rain in Galicia but for the most part it was beautiful. We were told by the locals that in Galicia it is normally cold and rainy ...we lucked out. Many days it was quite warm -hot ! By time we got to Santiago , Nov. 4, 2016 it was quite chilly.
We are doing either the Camino Norte' or Frances in September 2017 leaning towards the Norte'.

Buen Camino !

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I started the last week of August last year, and it was HOT. Plenty warm the first couple of weeks of September too. But I have heard of it being cool and wet that time of year too.
I've heard that Before too. I guess I'll pack for both warm and cold/wet!

We started September 22, 2016 from SJJP, the weather was warm with some rain in Galicia but for the most part it was beautiful. We were told by the locals that in Galicia it is normally cold and rainy ...we lucked out. Many days it was quite warm -hot ! By time we got to Santiago , Nov. 4, 2016 it was quite chilly.
We are doing either the Camino Norte' or Frances in September 2017 leaning towards the Norte'.

Buen Camino !
Thank you for the weather updates, it helps!
If you head out thru St. jean early September maybe I will see you. Keep in touch . I will be walking solo.

Thank you for the weather updates, it helps!
If you head out thru St. jean early September maybe I will see you. Keep in touch . I will be walking solo.

If we do the Frances again, we will be leaving around the 22nd of September :) Buen Camino !!! :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If we do the Frances again, we will be leaving around the 22nd of September :) Buen Camino !!! :)
I'm heading out 23rd September stopping at Orisson so unless I find some unexpected burst of speed, I probably will miss you. Pleased to hear tops about the weather though.

Helo,

I walked the Francés in September 2015 and the temperatures ranged from just above freezing (light frost) to 94 degrees (34C) I also had a few days of rain.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back