• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

We made our first reservation for our Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We reserved our night in the Orisson Refuge for late May. We decided not to try to walk to Roncesvalles on that first day. So excited.
Beautiful stop for a first (or any) night. View is fantastic… nice communal meal… really gets you in the right frame of mind. Not to mention give your feet a break after the big climb. Enjoy!

We reserved our night in the Orisson Refuge for late May. We decided not to try to walk to Roncesvalles on that first day. So excited.
I hope you have as great an experience there and en route as I did in 2022. Buen Camino .

Very wise! Take it easy the first few days to learn to know your body.
I thought i knew my body. Then I walked from SJPdP to Orisson.... and have not learn anything new.
Ditto Orisson --> Roncesvalles... nothing new and I still thought I knew my body!
I think Estrella it was when I learned about my body ;):oops:

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Tip from an inveterate bag rustler: an early morning walk out of Orisson can be beautiful and incredibly peaceful. Pick a spot where you can eat a bocadillo while enjoying the view of the landscape you will walk across over the coming days. Rolling into Roncesvalles ahead of the crowd is convenient too. You can catch a shower, marvel at the excess equipment left on the donation table, put your name in for a spot at dinner without feeling harried, and perhaps attend the Mass and pilgrims' blessing. With any luck, you could be asleep before the snoring chorus begins.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
You will love Orisson! Smart choice! Be sure to go outside just before sunrise or even earlier. The stars are amazing and the sunrise is so beautiful! Bon Camino!

Orission is a good choice. It's overrated and a bit over priced. But SJPDP to Roncesvalles in one day is a long day and if weather is not cooperating, miserable.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I did the same and glad I did. Hiking uphill 24 miles from SJPDP to Roncesvalles is best left for the young. It was beautiful weather the entire way but I understand that the mountain has very unpredictable weather. I ran into some folks that went over the mountain a day later and it was, foggy, wet, and windy the whole way. I guess I just lucked out!

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back