• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What do I need to book ahead..?

Margaret.S

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances. April/May 2016
A question like this has probably been posted before, a couple of hundred times, but...

My plan is to fly from Oslo to Biarritz around April 24. So far so good!

..But then there is a bus to Bayonne? And a train to SJPP? And there I will arrive late/early and need a bed I guess. And then some 35+/- days ahead I'll be heading home again if all goes to plan, with a prebooked return flight? (From Santiago? Or train and then a flight from Madrid?)

What needs to be booked before I leave, and what can I just turn up for and pay directly? :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A question like this has probably been posted before, a couple of hundred times, but...

My plan is to fly from Oslo to Biarritz around April 24. So far so good!

..But then there is a bus to Bayonne? And a train to SJPP? And there I will arrive late/early and need a bed I guess. And then some 35+/- days ahead I'll be heading home again if all goes to plan, with a prebooked return flight? (From Santiago? Or train and then a flight from Madrid?)

What needs to be booked before I leave, and what can I just turn up for and pay directly? :)
Hi Margaret, the only place I booked was the albergue Orisson. I wanted to stay there that's why I booked it.
Wish you a great journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

If you are prepared to sleep anywhere, maybe walk further than you wish in the rain to find accommodation, go without dinner some night, then you don't have to book anything in advance. I like to know where I am staying so I book ahead.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Not sure what time you are arriving in SJPdP, if it's late then you might want to book ahead of your arrival, if you're there early morning the the Pilgrim office will direct you to accommodation.

there is an option on the first day walking of breaking up the trip and staying at Orrison, which is 8 km from SJPdP, this you will have to book and pay for in advance.
The other option is straight on to Roncenvalles, I think this is about 27 km from SJPdP.

As for booking along the way it is up to you how you play this, I walked for 42 days last year and didn't make any advanced bookings. My daily 15 miles was normally completed by mid afternoon and I never had to walk further for a bed. I was never short of a place to stay and I might add that most of my stays were in Muni Albergues.
I did find it quite exciting not knowing what village/town I was going to be staying in that night. I guess because I stayed away from the recommended stage in the book I ended up with more options and fewer pilgrims.

Hope this helps.

You don't really have to book anything in advance. I think it comes down to what you are comfortable with. There are pro's and cons to both approaches. If there is a certain place you really want to stay at I would reserve a spot. Its nice being able to stop at whatever town strikes your fancy along the way, or walking longer/shorter based on how you feel that day. If I knew I would be walking far and arriving in town late, I would call ahead to book something. You can make bookings the evening before or even the same day often, so you can try it both ways and see what you like.

The only thing I would try to book is my flight home, as in my experience those tned to get pricier the closer to the date I need to leave.

Chronoplus bus 14 from Biarritz Airport to Gare Bayonne is urban bus service.

SNCF TER train 62 from Bayonne to SJPdP is a commuter rail service.

It is not possible to make reservations for either service. There is no cost penalty for buying a ticket just prior to boarding.

The trip home is a different matter. There are significant savings to be had the earlier that you book. This is a double edged sword ... the last few days could be a rush to make your date ... or you could plan it to have a few days extra to look around in Santiago or Madrid.

That said ... if you are willing to pay the price ... you can buy a ticket at the airport.

See airport sites to find service providers:

Santiago Airport
http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Santiago/es/

Madrid Airport
http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Madrid-Barajas/en/

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Not sure what time you are arriving in SJPdP, if it's late then you might want to book ahead of your arrival, if you're there early morning the the Pilgrim office will direct you to accommodation.

there is an option on the first day walking of breaking up the trip and staying at Orrison, which is 8 km from SJPdP, this you will have to book and pay for in advance.
The other option is straight on to Roncenvalles, I think this is about 27 km from SJPdP.

As for booking along the way it is up to you how you play this, I walked for 42 days last year and didn't make any advanced bookings. My daily 15 miles was normally completed by mid afternoon and I never had to walk further for a bed. I was never short of a place to stay and I might add that most of my stays were in Muni Albergues.
I did find it quite exciting not knowing what village/town I was going to be staying in that night. I guess because I stayed away from the recommended stage in the book I ended up with more options and fewer pilgrims.

Hope this helps.
i agree that the most exciting thing was wondering what our beds would be like each day ,and knowing that if we wanted to go a little further or stop a little sooner we could!we never had a prob finding a bed,even in pretty busy times,loved the freedom.

I would say that whether you should book accommodation depends, in part, on the dates of your camino.
On the 15th of November, 2015, I found myself, and two sisters whom I had met that day, looking urgently for a bed for the night in damp weather at sunset. All three albergues in the vicinity, including the Xunta hostel which presented itself as open year round, had closed for the winter the day before. We ended up begging the owner of one of the albergues to open for the night. He fed us and housed us comfortably, at a very reasonable cost. But the possibility of sleeping in the woods on what was to be a rainy night was less than attractive. This was just two days short of Santiago. This year, I am again walking to Santiago, beginning on a different camino but following the Frances from Puenta la Reina. I am beginning my walk two weeks earlier, in part to have a better chance to find accommodation en route and also hoping to be able to stay in some of the particularly desirable albergues which closed before I passed last year.

You didn't say what time you arrive in Biarritz, but if it is to where you get to SJPdP in the evening you may definitely want to make reservations somewhere there before you arrive.
If it's early in the day in all likelihood you will probably be able to find an albergue with no problem.
If you don't know what day you will arrive in Santiago, but know what day you need to get back to Madrid from there, and want to fly to Madrid, I would definitely make airline reservations beforehand. It's also cheaper to do that (the flights from Santiago to Madrid can be very cheap sometimes...Iberia Express and Ryan Air). If you want a bus or train to Madrid I don't think you need to make prior reservations.
Otherwise, no other reservations needed on the Camino.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you for all the answers and info! :)

Good to know about not needing to buy tickets for the bus and the train. I'll book the flights "there and back again" and to madrid, and then the first night i SJPdP when I know what time I'll arrive. For some peace of mind and a place to "land" before the real journey starts.. How long does it take from Biarritz to SJPdP?

..After that I was hoping to let go of a lot of worries, including where I end up at the end of a day. So I'm going for no reservations. I hope that is possible i May, with increased popularity and 2016 being a holy year? I don't mind walking straight past the usual stops to smaller or more rural places. But I'll keep in mind the possibility to call and book when I'm there :)

Why do you want to stop a night i Orisson? To break up the first day of walking or is it a special place/albergue?

Chronoplus bus schedule found here. #14 Anglet Airport to Gare Bayonne. Or Bus #C Anglet Airport to Gare Biarritz.
http://www.chronoplus.eu/

SNCF TER Aquitaine Schedules for train from Gare Biarritz to Gare Bayonne and Gare Bayonne to SJPdP are found here.
http://www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine

Note bus C to Gare Biarritz and train to Gare Bayonne is faster (depending on schedule) than bus 14 but is more expensive.

People often stop at Orisson because the walk from SJPdP to Roncesvalles is otherwise a long day ... some prefer to break it into two parts. Its not a large albergue and you need reservations.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I took the overnight bus from Santiago to Madrid on a night in late November, 2015. Every seat on the bus was full and I was glad that I had bought my ticket ahead.

Thank you for all the answers and info! :)

Good to know about not needing to buy tickets for the bus and the train. I'll book the flights "there and back again" and to madrid, and then the first night i SJPdP when I know what time I'll arrive. For some peace of mind and a place to "land" before the real journey starts.. How long does it take from Biarritz to SJPdP?

..After that I was hoping to let go of a lot of worries, including where I end up at the end of a day. So I'm going for no reservations. I hope that is possible i May, with increased popularity and 2016 being a holy year? I don't mind walking straight past the usual stops to smaller or more rural places. But I'll keep in mind the possibility to call and book when I'm there :)

Why do you want to stop a night i Orisson? To break up the first day of walking or is it a special place/albergue?
You actually land in Biarritz and then go to the nearby train station in Bayonne and travel to SJPdP. A short train ride from what I remember. Less that 2 hours if memory serves me right. I believe some people share taxis down to there, too. Way cheaper if shared from what I understand.
Once you arrive in SJPdP the train station is just a few minutes walk away from town. SJPdP is not a large place. Easy to get around.
I've never found the need to stop at the albergue at Orisson, and you do have to make advance reservations to stay there. I'm sure it's nice, but it only takes me 3 hours or so to reach it, which is too early for me to stop my walking day. I've never had a problem reaching Roncesvalles by 4:00 pm or so, and the great majority of pilgrims do walk all the way there. At least from what I observed.
Members of this forum just like the place and recommend stopping there.
Once you start walking your Camino, you will quickly figure out how you want to do it and where you want to stay.
cheers

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I took the overnight bus from Santiago to Madrid on a night in late November, 2015. Every seat on the bus was full and I was glad that I had bought my ticket ahead.

Ah, ok. I'm thinking plane to madrid (That was a possibility, jes?) I quess that is quicker, because maybe if I'm lucky and have the time I get to see the coast too, using just one day to travel home not two.. But who knows, thats up to my feet :)

You actually land in Biarritz and then go to the nearby train station in Bayonne and travel to SJPdP. A short train ride from what I remember. Less that 2 hours if memory serves me right. I believe some people share taxis down to there, too. Way cheaper if shared from what I understand.
Once you arrive in SJPdP the train station is just a few minutes walk away from town. SJPdP is not a large place. Easy to get around.
I've never found the need to stop at the albergue at Orisson, and you do have to make advance reservations to stay there. I'm sure it's nice, but it only takes me 3 hours or so to reach it, which is too early for me to stop my walking day. I've never had a problem reaching Roncesvalles by 4:00 pm or so, and the great majority of pilgrims do walk all the way there. At least from what I observed.
Members of this forum just like the place and recommend stopping there.
Once you start walking your Camino, you will quickly figure out how you want to do it and where you want to stay.
cheers

And a bus to Bayonne. Jes it all sounds easy once I get there, I just think travel is a bit stressful alone. But thats how you grow, challenges :) I think it's all going to work out, and I'll probably meet other confused scallop carrying people down there ;)

I'm walking small trips here now of two-three hours, and as soon as I get well (pneumonia of all things..) I won't have a problem walking longer and longer. I think just 3 hours is to early to stop for me too, and I would like to get that first hurdle out of the way, after walking that first long stage I think I will believe I can do this thing :)

Ah, ok. I'm thinking plane to madrid (That was a possibility, jes?) I quess that is quicker, because maybe if I'm lucky and have the time I get to see the coast too, using just one day to travel home not two.. But who knows, thats up to my feet :)

Yes there are flights from Santiago to Madrid. See Ryan Air.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi,

My wife and I are in a somewhat similar situation, but coming from Canada.

For now, the only things booked are:
- Round-trip plane tickets for Toronto->Paris (CDG)->Toronto.
Arrival in Paris is April 29 @ 8:45am.
- Overnight stay at Albergue Orisson for May 1.

We intend to stay in SJPdP for 2 nights (April 29 - 30) to acclimatize and adjust to the 6-hr time difference and then take it easy the first few days (hence, the stop in Orisson).

We don't intend to book any albergues after Orisson, and we'll just take it one day at a time.

Questions:
1) We don't yet know what time we will arrive in SJPdP, so - is there a need to book ahead for the 2 nights in SJPdP?

2) We have not yet decided how to get from CDG to SJPdP. My research so far tells me this:
By train (TGV): CDG->Bayonne->SJPdP: approximately 70 euros
- is this approximate price reasonable?
- how long does this trip take?
By plane to Biarritz then train to SJPdP: approximately 90 euros
- is this approximate price reasonable?
- how long does this trip take?

3) For both plane and train: is there any price difference if I book ahead of time? If there is a difference, how much, approximately? What are the consequences if I miss it (for example, due to delays in my Toronto->Paris flight)? I'd prefer to just buy the tickets over the counter, unless there is a big price difference.

4) We might have one extra luggage for our trekking poles. There is no additional luggage cost for this for the Toronto->Paris flight. However, I read somewhere that there might be extra cost for this if travelling by plane from Paris->Biarritz. Does anybody know approximately how much the extra luggage will cost? (I could not find info, sorry).

Thanks a lot!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Do be aware that May 1 ( Labor Day )is a holiday throughout western Europe. Many people will be traveling just before and following this date. Reservations will be a MUST wherever/however you go.

For an overview on how to travel from Paris to SJPdP see this Forum topic .

Good luck and Buen camino!

Last edited:
Hi mspath,

Thank you very much for your reply. Labor day was not at all in our minds, so I guess that settles it then, we will try to book our plane/train tickets ahead of time.

Is there a need to book the shorter train rides as well (Biarritz->Bayonne, Bayonne->SJPdP)?

Thanks!

No there is not a need to book the Bayonne to SJPdP train. Seats are not reserved on it. You might purchase a ticket for it when you purchase other rr tickets if you wish. However in Bayonne you can also purchase the ticket on your day of departure either via a machine by credit card or from a live clerk.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So, I ended up with: 24. of April. Airfrance Oslo-Paris-Biarritz, I land 17:45. Looks like the bus goes 18:26 and 19:26, the last train 21:10? (Hope that works, or that I meet some "taxi pilgrims", if not I guess I figure something out and take the train the next day :) ) Home by air. Ryanair Santiago-Madrid, Norwegian Madrid-Oslo.

No there is not a need to book the Bayonne to SJPdP train. Seats are not reserved on it. You might purchase a ticket for it when you purchase other rr tickets if you wish. However in Bayonne you can also purchase the ticket on your day of departure either via a machine by credit card or from a live clerk.

Hi mspath,

Thanks you so much for the link you provided earlier (seat61, I think in another thread).

I can see that there is CDG->Bordeaux->Bayonne TGV leaving CDG @ 10:16am. My flight arrives 8:45am, and if my flight is not delayed, then this will work. However, I've experienced Air Canada delays quite a number of times, so I would like to consider another route.

I went to banh.de, and it suggests alternate ways to go to Bayonne (pls see attached screenshot).

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 9.26.27 AM.png

Questions:
1) Is the RER ticket something I have to buy/reserve ahead of time (like the TGV)? My understanding so far is the RER is just like an ordinary subway (Metro) servicing CDG to downtown Paris. Is this correct? If so, I imagine that one can just buy the tickets there...?
2) It's not quite clear to me how many trains I have to take to get from CDG to Paris Montparnasse station. Do I 1) take the RER (CDG->Paris St. Michael) and **get off** at St Michael then 2) take *another* train to Montparnasse? Or is this just *one* non-stop ride from CDG->Montparnasse?

Thanks a lot in advance... this forum has been VERY helpful.

1. RER ticket is like a Metro ticket. You can buy it when you will be using it. There are no reservations on the RER.

2. At Paris St Michel stop you get off RER and change to Metro to go to Montparnasse. The RER ticket will be valid.

Here is a handy RER/Metro map to show you the connections. The CDG/Paris airport is on the dark blue line in the top middle of the map.

Bon voyage and Buen camino!

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi mspath,

I found an interactive equivalent of the map you sent - http://www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php?lang=uk

I have a few more questions:

1) When I try the interactive map and I search for St-Michel, 3 results come up:

a) Saint-Michel
b) Saint-Michel Notre-dame
c) Saint-Michel-sur-Orge

I can see that (a) and (b) are very close to each other but it's not very clear where one has to get off to get to Montparnasse... but it looks like (b) is more logical. It seems like (b) is on the RER B line itself, while (a) is on Metro Line 4. Is this correct?

St-Michel_Notre-Dame.png

2) When I type Montparnasse on the search box, it comes up with 2 results:

a) Montparnasse-Bienvenue
b) Gare Montparnasse (this is NOT in the jpg map you sent)

Now, only (a) is on the Metro Line 4, so I assume this is where I get off, is that correct?

Montparnasse-Bienvenue.png

3) Assuming I'm correct so far, does it mean that I then *walk* all the way to the TGV/SNCF station at Gare Montparnasse, or is there one more short ride I have to take?

Gare-Montparnasse.png

I'm sorry for the very detailed questions - I don't speak French and I have not been to Paris before.

Thank you so much in advance.

kusitb,

Everything that you have assumed is correct!

Another (easier? ) way to get to Paris from CDG airport is to take Air France buses directly to Paris/Gare de Lyon /Montparnasse. Read more here

Thanks for the interactive map link!

Last edited:
So, I ended up with: 24. of April. Airfrance Oslo-Paris-Biarritz, I land 17:45. Looks like the bus goes 18:26 and 19:26, the last train 21:10? (Hope that works, or that I meet some "taxi pilgrims", if not I guess I figure something out and take the train the next day :) ) Home by air. Ryanair Santiago-Madrid, Norwegian Madrid-Oslo.

Yes the last train on the 24th is 2110. There are Chronoplus buses leaving from airport at 1826 and 1926.

Another option to consider is private hire taxi.

Express Bourricot
http://www.expressbourricot.com/

Biarritz airport transfers
http://www.biarritzairporttransfers.com/

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi mspath,

I found an interactive equivalent of the map you sent - http://www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php?lang=uk

I have a few more questions:

1) When I try the interactive map and I search for St-Michel, 3 results come up:

a) Saint-Michel
b) Saint-Michel Notre-dame
c) Saint-Michel-sur-Orge

I can see that (a) and (b) are very close to each other but it's not very clear where one has to get off to get to Montparnasse... but it looks like (b) is more logical. It seems like (b) is on the RER B line itself, while (a) is on Metro Line 4. Is this correct?

View attachment 24342

2) When I type Montparnasse on the search box, it comes up with 2 results:

a) Montparnasse-Bienvenue
b) Gare Montparnasse (this is NOT in the jpg map you sent)

Now, only (a) is on the Metro Line 4, so I assume this is where I get off, is that correct?

View attachment 24343

3) Assuming I'm correct so far, does it mean that I then *walk* all the way to the TGV/SNCF station at Gare Montparnasse, or is there one more short ride I have to take?

View attachment 24344

I'm sorry for the very detailed questions - I don't speak French and I have not been to Paris before.

Thank you so much in advance.

The point at St Micheal is intersection of three train lines; RER B RER C and Metro line 4. You need to get off the RER B at St Micheal Notre Dame (your description (a)) and walk to the St Micheal Metro line 4 station (b).

Montparnasse Bienvenue is Metro line 4 station and is the station where you get off the Metro. Gare Montparnasse is a major train hub including the Metro Station. Anecdotal information is that its a long (15 minutes?) walk from the Metro to the train station. It includes at least one flights of stairs (or escalator).

Here is SNCF website. If you click the yellow 'plan de gare' it leads to a virtual tour.
http://www.gares-sncf.com/fr/gare/frpmo/paris-montparnasse

If you want further orientation you can look each of these stations up on wikipedia.

You didn't say what time you arrive in Biarritz, but if it is to where you get to SJPdP in the evening you may definitely want to make reservations somewhere there before you arrive.
If it's early in the day in all likelihood you will probably be able to find an albergue with no problem.
If you don't know what day you will arrive in Santiago, but know what day you need to get back to Madrid from there, and want to fly to Madrid, I would definitely make airline reservations beforehand. It's also cheaper to do that (the flights from Santiago to Madrid can be very cheap sometimes...Iberia Express and Ryan Air). If you want a bus or train to Madrid I don't think you need to make prior reservations.
Otherwise, no other reservations needed on the Camino.
How long is the train or bus ride from Santiago to Madrid?

As I recall, the overnight bus took nine and a half hours, leaving at 9:30 at night. You can check times on the Alsa web site, see alsa.es. But it was a very uncomfortable ride, extremely hot and everyone coughing. When I got to Madrid, the ticket which I had booked to terminal 4 at the airport did not take me there, but the bus terminated at the Madrid bus station at about 7 am. It takes up to another hour to get to the airport by train from the bus station - a train every half hour which takes half an hour. If you have lots of time and do not want to overnight in Madrid, that could work for you. Otherwise, you could take a daytime bus and spend a night in Madrid. The bus depot in Santiago is about half an hour's walk from the cathedral. I walked over to check the route and distance and buy my ticket there. But I bought my ticket from Madrid to Pamplona on line before I left home, also with Alsa. I am going back to the camino this fall, but I do not know how I shall get from Santiago to Madrid for my return home. I had thought of an overnight train, but apparently routing has changed.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
How long is the train or bus ride from Santiago to Madrid?

5 - 9 hours depending on the Renfe train schedule. Most of them closer to the 5 hour duration.

8 - 10 hours depending on the ALSA bus schedule. As noted some buses do travel via Madrid Airport T4.

I'd take the train.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had thought of an overnight train, but apparently routing has changed.

You can take the train from Santiago to Ourense or A Coruna and board the Trenhotel at either of those stations. Note the arrival time in Madrid is 0930 ... given the A Coruna train leaves at approx 2200 and the Ourense train at approx 0000 ... its a long train journey.

I'd take a 5 hour train and get a good night at a hotel in Madrid.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The point at St Micheal is intersection of three train lines; RER B RER C and Metro line 4. You need to get off the RER B at St Micheal Notre Dame (your description (a)) and walk to the St Micheal Metro line 4 station (b).

Montparnasse Bienvenue is Metro line 4 station and is the station where you get off the Metro. Gare Montparnasse is a major train hub including the Metro Station. Anecdotal information is that its a long (15 minutes?) walk from the Metro to the train station. It includes at least one flights of stairs (or escalator).

Here is SNCF website. If you click the yellow 'plan de gare' it leads to a virtual tour.
http://www.gares-sncf.com/fr/gare/frpmo/paris-montparnasse

If you want further orientation you can look each of these stations up on wikipedia.

I just got back from the Camino Frances, and I just want to make a note on this topic for future pilgrims.

If money is not too much of an issue, I suggest looking for other ways to get from CDG to Paris Montparnasse, especially if you have heavy luggage other than your backpack. The reasons are: 1) The Paris Metro is not "luggage friendly". By this, I mean that there are no ramps you can use to just roll your luggage. Instead, it is full of stairs, especially at the intersections/transfer stations described above. I encountered a couple of escalators, but for the most part, it was all stairs. 2) The transfers are not that simple, especially for people new to the area. I had to ask several people who looked like they were locals, and even they were pointing to several directions. We eventually made our way through, but it is not as simple as it sounds, especially when one is carrying a 50-lb suitcase up and down stairs.

Before I left, somebody suggested (@mspath) that it is much easier to take the AirFrance bus from CDG to Paris Montparnasse. AirFrance bus is 16 euros while RER is 10. Had I known that I would end up carrying the luggage up and down stairs while looking for the next train (that was not as easy to find), I would have gladly spent the additional 6 euros (12 for me and my wife).

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
Hi everyone. My name is Nika. I plan to take my backpack, and go on Camino in the end of the next week. I still don’t know how will I get from Kyiv to France. And what city should I come to… I...
Good morning, all: I'll be starting my first-ever Camino (and first trip to Europe, actually) in one month. I'd appreciate any and all advice regarding the price(s)/price range for lunches on the...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back