• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

what time does the Pilgrim Office close in January?

naylorguys

I'm in the manic phase of organisation: kit finally bought, boots on to walk in, tickets through from Sydney to Bayonne checked, yep half hour to get last train to SJpp and my son who is walking with me well fed and watered as he starts this week his final High School exams. We arrive in SJpp 7.30pm on 8th January so can anyone advise can we get to the pilgrims office before it closes or what time does it open on the 9th?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Legend has it that the pilgrim office will at least be open until the last pilgrim has made it up the hill from the last Bayonne train. Their website is probably a more reliable source than legend but i would not be overly concerned if it was me getting of that train. You will not need but may well wish to book yourselves some beds for the nights.

Legend has it that the pilgrim office will at least be open until the last pilgrim has made it up the hill from the last Bayonne train. Their website is probably a more reliable source than legend but i would not be overly concerned if it was me getting of that train. You will not need but may well wish to book yourselves some beds for the nights.

You should take Tincatinker's advice about booking beds for the night. Many of the traditional places that are recommended are closed in the winter and do not reopen until mid-March.
It may be a good idea to have an idea where you will stay that 1st night.

BTW....if you have a iPhone 5...I have a Spanish SIM card with decent credit on it that you can have if you can use it. Still time for me to post it to you in OZ.
The iPhone5 uses the smallest SIM. Your phone would have to be unlocked as I think all phones in Australia are.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks for advice. Will do on accommodation. Regards

You should take Tincatinker's advice about booking beds for the night. Many of the traditional places that are recommended are closed in the winter and do not reopen until mid-March.
It may be a good idea to have an idea where you will stay that 1st night.

BTW....if you have a iPhone 5...I have a Spanish SIM card with decent credit on it that you can have if you can use it. Still time for me to post it to you in OZ.
The iPhone5 uses the smallest SIM. Your phone would have to be unlocked as I think all phones in Australia are.
Thanks for reply. Yes we have had a quick reply from Le Chemin vers l'Etoile so all is good for that first night. Ref phone. Thanks but ive a samsung s4. The thought is much appreciated. Please pass on my thanks to all who manage this forum. Its a crucial part of my preparation and has given me the confidence to make the decision to walk the camino. Regards

grayland said:

That is such a lovely gesture, Grayland! I love seeing such camaraderie in things Camino related :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I contacted the pilgrim's office and was told that they always wait on the last train for any pilgrim's arriving (seems that's not only a legend after all!). So you don't really need to book anything, at least not in low season. We'll arrive at SJPdP January 31st ;)

I contacted the pilgrim's office and was told that they always wait on the last train for any pilgrim's arriving (seems that's not only a legend after all!). So you don't really need to book anything, at least not in low season. We'll arrive at SJPdP January 31st ;)
Thats great news thanks.

Hello naylorguys and mentesimples,

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you all will have an enjoyable caminos. Just keep warm and listen to the advice of the locals.

Buen camino and god bless.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
Hi! I plan to go on El Camino Portugues starting in Vigo this summer, and after, I am going to explore Europe. I need a suitcase for my trip after El Camino, and I have been struggling to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back