• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What to Pack

Frank66

Time of past OR future Camino
May/June 2016 Camino Frances
September (2017) First stage of Camino Portugués
Hiya, no . . . not a 'will I need my iPad' post!
Myself and wife are walking from Lisbon to Porto in September. I walked from sjpdp to Santiago last May, so have a reasonable idea of what (and what not) to take. However, I have read that there are very few albergues on the route we will be walking. If we have to stay in pensions etc, is there any point in taking head torches, sleeping bags etc??
Also, if staying in b & b's, what is the situation for washing clothes??
Any input gratefully received x

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
There are a reasonable number of albergues, and if it's your choice, you can probably stay in one most nights, depending on the daily kilometers you walk. Other choices will be pensiones or hotels, much like the CF. If in one of those I usually hand wash my clothes in the sink or shower just like in an albergue.

There are a reasonable number of albergues, and if it's your choice, you can probably stay in one most nights, depending on the daily kilometers you walk. Other choices will be pensiones or hotels, much like the CF. If in one of those I usually hand wash my clothes in the sink or shower just like in an albergue.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks - finding it a lot mote difficult to research than the CF!

You didn't say which route. I did the interior or non-coastal route, Sept of last year.

Plenty of albergues or combos. By combo I mean it was a hotel but also had dorms. Doing laundry was never an issue. Any place I stayed and asked about it would do laundry for a fee or there was a laundromat near by. You could always hand wash but if you stayed in a hotel, you may not have any place other than the bathroom to hang your clothes.

Last Sept, it was extremely hot during the Lisbon to Porto and, for me, practically unwalkable after noon. So, there were several days where I started at 4 or 5 am and was glad I had my headlamp. Better to spot all the loose dogs :)

Sorry for the delay, not been on the Forum for a while. Thanks for the input, much appreciated.
Been trying to find a day by day video blog which covers Lisbon- Porto (not just a photo - montage) any pointers??

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back