• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where did you walk ( locally ) in 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Whispering a little sorry in case it’s making you pine! Today was cloudy;-)
Awwww, that's sweet of you...
Well, only pining a little. ;)
More than anything, I was incredibly fortunate to have lived so close for so long.
If you are still in that general vicinity - and looking for a good stiff climb - check out the Mt Urchin Track. It gets you up to the tops of the Kaimanawas for stunning views on a good day.

Last edited:
Walked in the Ostkantons of Belgium, a small but beautiful region where the third of our three official languages German is spoken.
Ten k.through mostly small forests, some steep climbing ( think steps Portomarin ).
Then reaching the reservoir and the dam.
Finishing in the bigger town of Eupen where the main church celebrates the baptised children with a beautiful shell.

Attachments

• 20180821_104626.jpg
    20180821_104626.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 23
  • 20180821_111430.jpg
    20180821_111430.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 20180821_113522.jpg
    20180821_113522.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 19
  • 20180821_115026.jpg
    20180821_115026.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 20180821_114029.jpg
    20180821_114029.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 20180821_121630.jpg
    20180821_121630.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20180821_123638.jpg
    20180821_123638.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 20180821_143543.jpg
    20180821_143543.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20180821_144243.jpg
    20180821_144243.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20180821_144214.jpg
    20180821_144214.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
Walked in the Ostkantons of Belgium, a small but beautiful region where the third of our three official languages German is spoken.
Ten k.through mostly small forests, some steep climbing ( think steps Portomarin ).
Then reaching the reservoir and the dam.
Finishing in the bigger town of Eupen where the main church celebrates the baptised children with a beautiful shell.
Look so wonderful and a beautyfull church.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Lovely forest ... and a really beautiful church!
And look: Hills!;)
Thank you Sabine! For the beautiful pics, and because I learned something new about Belgium today.

A late afternoon about 6K walk in the village where I am right now, ending at sunset.
Part of the sky was a weird lavender color...there is a hurricane coming, so perhaps that's why.
It's far away, but big...praying that it doesn't follow the worst case scenario track because if it does the day after tomorrow will be super 'interesting.'

Attachments

• 20180818_182602.jpg
    20180818_182602.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180821_185625.jpg
    20180821_185625.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180821_185837.jpg
    20180821_185837.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 8
Thank you Sabine! For the beautiful pics, and because I learned something new about Belgium today.

A late afternoon about 6K walk in the village where I am right now, ending at sunset.
Part of the sky was a weird lavender color...there is a hurricane coming, so perhaps that's why.
It's far away, but big...praying that it doesn't follow the worst case scenario track because if it does the day after tomorrow will be super 'interesting.'

Beautiful skies!!!
Strange how some extreme (for us humans) natural events are accompanied by such beauty.
I feel as if the earth is being ‘cleaned’ in high winds and heavy rains ... though what I would call a high wind must be insignificant compared to those experienced in your part of the world ..

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

And i had been looking for a natural rainbow image..!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Happy hols, Sabine, and happy longer and longer walking, Peter!
An evening walk, after a hurricane went by a ways to the South of us today. That and fires and volcanic eruptions made for an amazing sunset. The only editing was to reduce the size...the color was astonishing, and all my friends are reportedly posting pics on FB of it, too. This is my FB. ;)View attachment 45267

So many lovely land and seascapes from around the world but the colors above are just superb! I can imagine that others are sharing the picture - too beautiful to keep to oneself!

I've been back from Peru for almost a week and have gone from an altitude of over 5000 meters to under sea level here in Holland.

The Huayhuash Circuit was spectacular! Due to our three days of acclimatization at 3000m (and camping at 4000-4400m) none of the group had altitude sickness. Camping at that altitude made for freezing nights and mornings: -16c is very cold! Wearing cats and mittens during meals was a first for me. Luckily the sun came out most days which led to the pealing of successive layers of clothing while climbing.

I believe that my Camino in June (Camino de Madrid + Sahagún to Santiago on the Francés) was good preparation plus I couldn't imagine not doing a longish Camino this year. It was at a slow pace climbing upwards at those altitudes but my legs did great, no muscle aches or pains whatsoever:).

So although not local I will share a few pictures. We were treated to these peaks and lagoons daily and the stars...well unfortunately I can't show you the Milky Way.DSC_1579.JPG

DSC_1636.JPG

DSC_1574.JPG

DSC_1522.JPG

The second to last picture is of my son trying to read. That mule just wouldn't leave him alone! And the last is of our group at our first pass.

Happy walking and ultreia!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
@LTfit...:eek:
Wonderful photos, wonderful landscapes! Thank you. I'm 'borrowing' that first one to use as my desktop background. It's stunning.
I hope you are adjusting to low and flat with ease!

And thank you, everyone, for your good wishes. A few prayers this way would not go amiss. The weather folks have upgraded this to a category 5 hurricane; homes here are made of wood, not bricks and mortar...and there are still many people who are still lava flow refugees, some living in their cars or in tents........
When nature cleans house we mites get shaken up a bit.

Last edited:
So many lovely land and seascapes from around the world but the colors above are just superb! I can imagine that others are sharing the picture - too beautiful to keep to oneself!

I've been back from Peru for almost a week and have gone from an altitude of over 5000 meters to under sea level here in Holland.

The Huayhuash Circuit was spectacular! Due to our three days of acclimatization at 3000m (and camping at 4000-4400m) none of the group had altitude sickness. Camping at that altitude made for freezing nights and mornings: -16c is very cold! Wearing cats and mittens during meals was a first for me. Luckily the sun came out most days which led to the pealing of successive layers of clothing while climbing.

I believe that my Camino in June (Camino de Madrid + Sahagún to Santiago on the Francés) was good preparation plus I couldn't imagine not doing a longish Camino this year. It was at a slow pace climbing upwards at those altitudes but my legs did great, no muscle aches or pains whatsoever:).

So although not local I will share a few pictures. We were treated to these peaks and lagoons daily and the stars...well unfortunately I can't show you the Milky Way.View attachment 45655

View attachment 45656

View attachment 45657

View attachment 45658

The second to last picture is of my son trying to read. That mule just wouldn't leave him alone! And the last is of our group at our first pass.

Happy walking and ultreia!
Please allow me! -16c is very cold! Wearing cats and mittens during meals was a first for me.
I wonder why there is no photo to illustrate this sentence... sometimes our auto-correct makes hilarious alternative images!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Please allow me! -16c is very cold! Wearing cats and mittens during meals was a first for me.
I wonder why there is no photo to illustrate this sentence... sometimes our auto-correct makes hilarious alternative images!

Oh that is funny @kirkie ! I of course meant cats and kittens;)

@VNwalking Cat 5 is serious business :oops:(had to evacuate home on Sanibel Island when the eye of Hurricane Charlie reached us and made landfall). Hope you all stay safe.

Thanks @LTfit!
@VNwalking Cat 5 is serious business :oops:
Watching and waiting. It's on it's way, and fortunately overnight it was downgraded to a Cat 4. We don't yet know what's coming - whether a close encounter, or a direct hit. Regardless of what it does, there will be wind and LOTS of rain, one report predicts 15 - 20 inches.

Where I am is a bit less of a concern at this point than Maui and O'ahu. And there are way more people there, a million in Honolulu and about 1.5K on Maui. Not counting all the tourists.
May it spin out and away from us all!

Thanks @LTfit!

Watching and waiting. It's on it's way, and fortunately overnight it was downgraded to a Cat 4. We don't yet know what's coming - whether a close encounter, or a direct hit. Regardless of what it does, there will be wind and LOTS of rain, one report predicts 15 - 20 inches.

Where I am is a bit less of a concern at this point than Maui and O'ahu. And there are way more people there, a million in Honolulu and about 1.5K on Maui. Not counting all the tourists.
Thanks , vnwalking for telling us how things are. You are in the eye of it, and let’s hope it veers off to the ocean...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Visit to Antwerp today.Walked alot and visited MAS museum with wonderful panoramic view of old city and harbour.
This is the second largest European industrial harbour after Rotterdam.
Also a visit to the Anton Corbijn exhibition in the old Pilot Station, now a classified listed building.
Corbijn is the house photographer of Depeche Mode and U2 and many others.

Attachments

• 20180823_140603.jpg
    20180823_140603.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 20180823_142005.jpg
    20180823_142005.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20180823_143834.jpg
    20180823_143834.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20180823_144854.jpg
    20180823_144854.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20180823_151142.jpg
    20180823_151142.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 20180823_151250.jpg
    20180823_151250.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20180823_143952.jpg
    20180823_143952.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20180823_162506.jpg
    20180823_162506.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 20180823_162240.jpg
    20180823_162240.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Thanks @LTfit!

Please take care of yourself.
Peter .

Thank you all for your concern!
So I went out for a little walk in the rain today. ;)
It's not so often you can go out in a hurricane safely - but it is still pretty far away, and at this point there is only rain. LOTS of rain. But as you can see from the ferns this is a place that gets plenty of that anyway.
We don't have much in the way of wind yet, fortunately. Just epic puddles.
Downslope, the nearest town is getting big floods because all this water has to go someplace. The area that's getting all the surface flooding was developed as a park after a big Tsunami in 1960 - a very good thing because much of it is now under water, from the land side this time.

20180823_124244.jpg20180823_113705.jpg20180823_114918.jpg20180823_123656.jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you all for your concern!
So I went out for a little walk in the rain today. ;)
It's not so often you can go out in a hurricane safely - but it is still pretty far away, and at this point there is only rain. LOTS of rain. But as you can see from the ferns this is a place that gets plenty of that anyway.
We don't have much in the way of wind yet, fortunately. Just epic puddles.
Downslope, the nearest town is getting big floods because all this water has to go someplace. The area that's getting all the surface flooding was developed as a park after a big Tsunami in 1960 - a very good thing because much of it is now under water, from the land side this time.

View attachment 45707View attachment 45709View attachment 45710View attachment 45706
Thanks, vnwalking, and it is good of you to keep us posted. Hawaii has such a romantic image beyond its shores... there is a terrible price to pay though for that, when it is subject to the elements. Keep safe, to echo other posters.

Yup ... that’s wet ...
But lovely photographs, nevertheless :)

That first one looked a bit familiar ;)
West Wales has roads that look like that quite often ... (some of the huge puddles are caused by the lack of road maintenance.) We also have lots of ferns hereabouts ... it’s very green ...
But a lot of the really badly flooded roads are the high ones ...
It foxed me ... until I realised the fields drain into the roads, not vice versa. And so many of our roads have long ‘dips’ ... so the water just collects and makes 200m long puddles ... across the entire road :rolleyes: (the underlying igneous rock doesn’t help ;) )
Oh ... I forgot to say .. Wales (particularly the west) has a well deserved reputation for its very heavy rainfall.
Parts of Ireland have the same climate ....

But we rarely have as much rain as you are experiencing at the moment. I’ve heard reports of 19” already, and it’s still some miles away ...
Take care ...

I’ve heard reports of 19” already, and it’s still some miles away ...
The rain is epic. I would guess we have gotten at least that. But fortunately so far there is been no damage to homes, just flooding to a county recreation area and some landslips on roads.

To give you an idea:
Here is a pic from a walk with a friend last week to a place we call boiling pots (I didn't post it here because, well...ho hum...):
20180815_143823.jpg

Here it is today, from a different vantage point (a screenshot from someone's video):
Capture3.PNG

I was born here (too many years ago) and have never seen the Wailuku River like this. No-one else has either. But it is contained, so far.
Apparently the rain has just begin....the storm's slowed down, and so it will linger here. We are on the 'dirty' side of the hurricane, where all the water comes out of the sky...and...there are two very large mountains (4200m elevation) in the way that will wring out every drop from those clouds...
:eek::eek::eek:

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The rain is epic. I would guess we have gotten at least that. But fortunately so far there is been no damage to homes, just flooding to a county recreation area and some landslips on roads.

To give you an idea:
Here is a pic from a walk with a friend last week to a place we call boiling pots (I didn't post it here because, well...ho hum...):
View attachment 45712

Here it is today, from a different vantage point (a screenshot from someone's video):
View attachment 45715

I was born here (too many years ago) and have never seen the Wailuku River like this. No-one else has either. But it is contained, so far.
Apparently the rain has just begin....the storm's slowed down, and so it will linger here. We are on the 'dirty' side of the hurricane, where all the water comes out of the sky...and...there are two very large mountains (4200m elevation) in the way that will wring out every drop from those clouds...
:eek::eek::eek:

That’s the same place??? :oops::oops::eek:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I’m a bit late to the party on this but I only just realised this week that the built-in Health app for iPhone tracks your steps and distance walked each day. As I’m travelling in Europe at the moment, it’s been interesting to discover that I’ve been doing camino-worthy days in the cities I’ve been in. This week’s stats:

Monday (Munich): 22.3km / 34,255 steps
Tuesday (Munich): 20.1km / 27,210 steps
Wednesday (Munich/Rome): 16.5km / 22,960 steps
Thursday (Rome): 19.1km / 25,603 steps

I wonder if I can keep up anything like this pace when I get back to Lisbon next week!

I’m a bit late to the party on this but I only just realised this week that the built-in Health app for iPhone tracks your steps and distance walked each day. As I’m travelling in Europe at the moment, it’s been interesting to discover that I’ve been doing camino-worthy days in the cities I’ve been in. This week’s stats:

Monday (Munich): 22.3km / 34,255 steps
Tuesday (Munich): 20.1km / 27,210 steps
Wednesday (Munich/Rome): 16.5km / 22,960 steps
Thursday (Rome): 19.1km / 25,603 steps

I wonder if I can keep up anything like this pace when I get back to Lisbon next week!

What were you carrying?;)

Munich is great on foot!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Began walking from dart station in Bray. Why? To walk to St James’s church in Dublin, and hopefully qualify for the 25 km stamp to add to the 75km on the Camino Inglés. They say in Spain, the world is a hanky.. and first person I bumped into was the niece of a friend. Second person was the sister of another woman I know fairly well... third encounter was with the manager of a pub where I stopped for what ailed me. He asked me to pray for him in St James’s church. Then I met Michael, a young man being wheeled along by his carer . Michael has never walked. Michael will never walk. I was so aware of how blessed I am to be able to walk. Stopped before destination as time was getting on and I have work to do at home. Will return to stopping point soon and continue. Will post if I succeed in getting my 25km stamp. The green letter box was originally red, in the days of yore.
95850965-4AEA-47D1-8CD0-0238F1D6C99C.jpeg3FA59C31-11D0-4853-9370-7825BE65445F.jpegBF38C736-8D2E-4098-B9AD-420513BE8305.jpeg96156ABA-3EFE-4E13-9888-8B2EF0A8D1CB.jpeg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Today I walked 22km in and around Rome and in the afternoon I went somewhere I’d never been before - the Parco degli Acquedotti on the southeastern outskirts of the city. It’s amazing to me that nearly 15 years after I last lived here, I can return once or twice a year and still manage to discover new things.

IMG_2924.jpg

Today I walked 22km in and around Rome and in the afternoon I went somewhere I’d never been before - the Parco degli Acquedotti on the southeastern outskirts of the city. It’s amazing to me that nearly 15 years after I last lived here, I can return once or twice a year and still manage to discover new things.

View attachment 45898

oh...wow what a great blue sky!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Supposed to do a 8k.walk.but there was a big trailrun going on.So some rerouting but still very nice. Had to climb the old mine dump where you have a beautiful view.
Nature and industrial heritage beautifully combined.
And there are ex- miners ( all mines now closed) who are more than willing to give you a guided tour.

Attachments

• 20180902_112846.jpg
    20180902_112846.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 20180902_105453.jpg
    20180902_105453.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • 20180902_122915.jpg
    20180902_122915.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • 20180902_121150.jpg
    20180902_121150.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 20180902_114041.jpg
    20180902_114041.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 20180902_112346.jpg
    20180902_112346.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 12
  • 20180902_122320.jpg
    20180902_122320.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 20180902_113705.jpg
    20180902_113705.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
  • 20180902_110712.jpg
    20180902_110712.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 20180902_112108.jpg
    20180902_112108.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
Finished my 25km walk. Looks like more than that but let’s see what they have to say in the Camino Office on Friday when I call in to check. Meantime, got my stamps in Guinness store...One is very old, but I didn't think to ask how old. I can check on Friday. first photo is of the Dutch Embassy, second a sculpture in the garden of a Philosophy Centre, the third one shows a sketch of my walk this morning and the last one - well, speaks for itself!
Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 17.33.46.png Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 17.33.29.png Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 17.32.56.png IMG_2719.JPG

Supposed to do a 8k.walk.but there was a big trailrun going on.So some rerouting but still very nice. Had to climb the old mine dump where you have a beautiful view.
Nature and industrial heritage beautifully combined.
And there are ex- miners ( all mines now closed) who are more than willing to give you a guided tour.

Great photographs, SabineP ... and such a beautiful blue sky :)
Did you use an altimeter? ;):p

€149,-
Finished my 25km walk. Looks like more than that but let’s see what they have to say in the Camino Office on Friday when I call in to check. Meantime, got my stamps in Guinness store...One is very old, but I didn't think to ask how old. I can check on Friday. first photo is of the Dutch Embassy, second a sculpture in the garden of a Philosophy Centre, the third one shows a sketch of my walk this morning and the last one - well, speaks for itself!
View attachment 45943 View attachment 45944 View attachment 45945 View attachment 45946

That’s a lovely sculpture!
Congrats on the start of your new Camino :cool:

That’s a lovely sculpture!
Congrats on the start of your new Camino :cool:
Don’t hold your breath! Earliest next step will be around Easter. Yes, I saw a few other pieces today I hadn’t noticed before. It is fairly familiar territory. There were too many in front of Oscar Wilde’s statue, I will post that another time. If I search, I have one where he is covered in snow.

I have not been walking much lately and I am a bit worried because I am going to walk Camino Primitivo starting September 15...
But I have had two different but nice experiences the last weeks. First I went inland to spend some days in a small retreat center. Peaceful days with meditation and silent meals, but also walks in the mountains. The landscape is totally different from where I live.
And then a trip to the coast to admire the ocean, it is The North Sea. So beautiful!7817899B-A698-402D-9650-DA03EA519823.jpegB45ECF15-4947-4D37-AE05-BBD01CB9A56F.jpegA0ECDD26-F04C-45D8-AB6F-E392BAB4982E.jpegA7704CA1-C55B-4DA9-9C5C-62B13BBBFA4C.jpeg94E1E7F8-AB84-4FB5-91F7-B7F119836CB7.jpeg50FE4D70-D45F-4336-A166-72A8B17833D8.jpegCFFA75D7-A359-4CE8-BEF8-0E6A3BAD9849.jpeg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I went in to Christ Church in Dublin this morning and asked for a stamp on my credencial, which I was duly given. Also, I took the opportunity to take a photo of the seats- look! And also a detail of one of the tile displays on the floor.
747EEE34-7AD4-4651-AFA8-4C92BDA4F22A.jpeg 5A8F64DD-3C56-4FD3-8F09-0DD31121DD72.jpeg A7DB8C35-4984-44D8-B2EF-14869735AF66.jpeg

Yesterday and the day before were the last two days on my fictitious Cammino di Roma. I did 30km on Sunday and 22.6km yesterday, walking to places like the Milvian Bridge, various stretches and gates of the Aurelian Walls and through the Roman Forum.

Here are a couple of late afternoon pics of the Forum:

FAB71162-8FBD-475E-BBFE-6F48260793A7.jpeg

F1D951B1-3807-412D-9333-419E62925CEF.jpeg

Yesterday and the day before were the last two days on my fictitious Cammino di Roma. I did 30km on Sunday and 22.6km yesterday, walking to places like the Milvian Bridge, various stretches and gates of the Aurelian Walls and through the Roman Forum.

Here are a couple of late afternoon pics of the Forum:

View attachment 45990

View attachment 45991

Searching for adequate words for these beautiful images!!

The second is lovely :)
But the first is intriguing .... I can imagine that I would never tire of looking into it ... it’s like a painting :)

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have heard Ireland called the valley of the squinting windows... Ozy heard about his pals across the water and has taken up his post, although attempting to hide behind the fading geranium...just in case they stop by. He also saw the stamps on my credencial, and is getting anxious. No need. I will not be cashing them in for a while!
Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 09.40.58.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-05 at 09.40.07.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-05 at 09.39.13.png

Walked five k.with a friend who is convalescing from serious backissues so we choice flat terrain, unpaved and on the wooden boards that crosses a lovely lake.
Twenty Celsius and dry.

Attachments

• 20180912_120616.jpg
    20180912_120616.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 20180912_121833.jpg
    20180912_121833.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • 20180912_120920.jpg
    20180912_120920.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 16
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I so enjoy looking over all your shoulders! Thank you one and all.

There's so many varieties of beauty in the world. But I have to say, @jungleboy , that pic of the Forum is gobsmackingly gorgeous - it really stands out...
Ireland called the valley of the squinting windows
Hahaha! Though I'm guessing many other places could be called this, too.
The whole image, as created by you, is really special ...
Thank you for your kind words, @chinacat. Funny, I didn't think it was so interesting - other than the quantity of water. But now that I look again, all the rings and ripples are lovely.

I've been walking around the block mostly. But the other day it was such a gorgeous morning that a friend and I went up to walk around a local golf course early in the morning for a lovely view of the very big mountains in our back yard. The near one, Mauna Loa, is deceiving: it's about 4100m in elevation! Peaking out from behind its right flank is Mauna Kea, which is about 100m higher. They are stunning in the winter after a storm has blown through, with the tops covered in snow.

20180904_071915.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I so enjoy looking over all your shoulders! Thank you one and all.

There's so many varieties of beauty in the world. But I have to say, @jungleboy , that pic of the Forum is gobsmackingly gorgeous - it really stands out...

Hahaha! Though I'm guessing many other places could be called this, too.
Thank you for your kind words, @chinacat. Funny, I didn't think it was so interesting - other than the quantity of water. But now that I look again, all the rings and ripples are lovely.

I've been walking around the block mostly. But the other day it was such a gorgeous morning that a friend and I went up to walk around a local golf course early in the morning for a lovely view of the very big mountains in our back yard. The near one, Mauna Loa, is deceiving: it's about 4100m in elevation! Peaking out from behind its right flank is Mauna Kea, which is about 100m higher. They are stunning in the winter after a storm has blown through, with the tops covered in snow.

View attachment 46322

oh my....that marvelous blue sky

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.

€149,-
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
BTW, Peter - is that really an ecolodge in your last set of pics? It's very cute, but also looks quite 'public.' :oops:
And I am fascinated by that floor, @kirkie (in case the homily is a wee bit boring, the floor is always there for contemplation. ;) )
It's a eco lodge indeed.
The left one is the sitting part and in the right one you can sleep .

Attachments

• 20180916_094635.jpg
    20180916_094635.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • 20180916_103809.jpg
    20180916_103809.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • 20180916_101617.jpg
    20180916_101617.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 20180916_094223.jpg
    20180916_094223.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 20180916_095843.jpg
    20180916_095843.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 20180916_094514.jpg
    20180916_094514.jpg
  • 20180916_094900.jpg
    20180916_094900.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

€83,-
Meeting with @Peter Fransiscus in Antwerp. As always it was a wonderful get together.
We went to the St James' Church but also in the Carolus Borromeus Church we found a painting of Santiago Major.
And in the Pelgrimstraat..Pilgrim Street we found a tapasbar.
Also a guesthouse where pilgrims could get food and shelter and till today on Maundy Thursday there is a free table for people in need.

Attachments

• 20180919_113858.jpg
    20180919_113858.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 20180919_113918.jpg
    20180919_113918.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 20180919_121142.jpg
    20180919_121142.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20180919_140239.jpg
    20180919_140239.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20180919_140349.jpg
    20180919_140349.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • 20180919_122435.jpg
    20180919_122435.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20180919_135734.jpg
    20180919_135734.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20180919_151522.jpg
    20180919_151522.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
  • 20180919_140451.jpg
    20180919_140451.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Meeting with @Peter Fransiscus in Antwerp. As always it was a wonderful get together.
We went to the St James' Church but also in the Carolus Borromeus Church we found a painting of Santiago Major.
Also a guesthouse where pilgrims could get food and shelter and till today on Maundy Thursday there is a free table for people in need.
Thanks, Sabine. It is so nice to see the traces of pilgrimage along the radials across the continent, heading to Santiago, never mind if the routes were borrowing from trade or other ‘ist’ routes. It is a long long history. And twice as nice to see you seeing them with Peter F. We are all waiting for a safe and happy trip and stay in Santiago for himself and Marianne!

Yesterday i met another forum member in Dublin for a chat and nothing special in the way of walking, except the final part of the time walking along by the river towards the bus stop to the airport.... ANother glimpse of the virtual albergue quoted before, by ??? A great name for it! An older photo, but still the same view!
39DD1627-264E-44BA-976B-85FCD2F52603.jpeg

It was indeed a lovely get together as always.
And also very positive , the walk went well no problems with my back .
And I had a lovely guide today to show me around.

Yesterday i met another forum member in Dublin for a chat and nothing special in the way of walking, except the final part of the time walking along by the river towards the bus stop to the airport.... ANother glimpse of the virtual albergue quoted before, by ??? A great name for it! An older photo, but still the same view!
View attachment 46445
ohhh i saw ship reminds me of @Sailor

View attachment 46445
Hi Kirkie,
Great to see you yesterday and so enjoyed the walk and the talk!!
Next time we will go further and really push that boat out !
Such great views along the Liffey
Just a shame I was heading for the airport!
Annette

Another trip along a different canal, the Royal. Seniors travel free on public transport in Ireland, so I make use of trains and or a bus to take me start points and walk forward or back. Today I started to walk back in the direction I had come from, and this was the first sign that caught my eye:
Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 13.30.09.png
I have never before seen such a thing in my life! Sorry I didn't quite catch the beast, the sun was in my eyes and I needed to avoid another walker. I was trying out a gps on my phone, and it kept me moving rather smartly. No dawdling! My poor wee legs go like pistons. Everybody else strides along and is gone in a flash.. but yes, I do get there!
Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 13.30.55.png

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Another trip along a different canal, the Royal. Seniors travel free on public transport in Ireland, so I make use of trains and or a bus to take me start points and walk forward or back. Today I started to walk back in the direction I had come from, and this was the first sign that caught my eye:
View attachment 46552
I have never before seen such a thing in my life! Sorry I didn't quite catch the beast, the sun was in my eyes and I needed to avoid another walker. I was trying out a gps on my phone, and it kept me moving rather smartly. No dawdling! My poor wee legs go like pistons. Everybody else strides along and is gone in a flash.. but yes, I do get there!
View attachment 46553
When you want to see otters you will need a lot of patience , because they are very shy .

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A spectacular hike today straight up a mountain on Bowen Island to seek (and find!) the secret location of artist Guthrie Gloag's phenomenal life sized driftwood sculpture of a Mastodon. The trail is not marked and it's easy to get lost trying to find the site. Luckily I have a friend who lives on the island and she was a wonderful guide!

Bowen 1.jpgBowen 2.jpgBowen 3.jpgBowen 4.jpgBowen 5 .jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A spectacular hike today straight up a mountain on Bowen Island to seek (and find!) the secret location of artist Guthrie Gloag's phenomenal life sized driftwood sculpture of a Mastodon. The trail is not marked and it's easy to get lost trying to find the site. Luckily I have a friend who lives on the island and she was a wonderful guide!

View attachment 46625View attachment 46626View attachment 46627View attachment 46628View attachment 46629
Beautiful, you had a glorious day for it. You live in a beautiful land. I suppose we all did, once upon a time! Yours is so extensive and still wild...have a great day.

€60,-
Oh happy day, Peter! A morning walk in Santiago!

I had my own very happy day on Saturday. The national park next to where I have been staying has been closed since May, because of earthquakes and terrestrial unrest (it's a volcano and the summit was falling like a souffle) - and Saturday it opened again to general delight. So I walked for much of the afternoon with a huge grin on my face. The photos are on my camera and I can't upload them, alas....

Then yesterday I hopped one island over for work, and will be here for about 10 days...
So early this morning, a short 2 mile walk up up up and then back down...the forest has been traded for sweeping views...20180925_065445.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
No Irish lakes or Canadian forests but our local fields and hills.
17 Celsius and glorious autumn.Walked 7k.in a diverse landscape.
Part Camino with the flecha...close to the highway but still rural.
And one of the typical entrances to a castle next to the church.
And yes Belgium has wines too.

Attachments

• 20180926_104308.jpg
    20180926_104308.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 20180926_104323.jpg
    20180926_104323.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 20180926_104344.jpg
    20180926_104344.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 20180926_120302.jpg
    20180926_120302.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • 20180926_111115.jpg
    20180926_111115.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 20180926_111924.jpg
    20180926_111924.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 20180926_112719.jpg
    20180926_112719.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 20180926_113635.jpg
    20180926_113635.jpg
  • 20180926_113858.jpg
    20180926_113858.jpg
  • 20180926_104722.jpg
    20180926_104722.jpg
Just back from a few days exploring on the French side of the Pyrenees. There are some fantastic huge cirques, the most well known is Gavarnie but this time we visited the Cirque de Troumouse and the Cirque d’Estaube, and did a day hike in Reserve Naturelle de Neouvielle, all in beautiful September sunshine!
577414F8-F210-44BC-BF30-F0FCC8C036A0.jpegF5C28ADF-9237-4624-A63C-2F80A331D1EF.jpeg4E932C3F-1A4D-4B70-A797-4C44FB0E92FF.jpeg82111025-6BF5-4A81-96AC-1659D9FC8E73.jpeg937B4493-ABFB-4426-8AC1-5E31EF49F383.jpegF06F201D-4BFB-4C52-AAE8-796206B1EE7D.jpeg

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Wonderful pics everyone!
My walk today, in Kent... about 20k. The weather was per-fect (and it isn’t often I can say this. Got drenched last week lol)

Ps: the last one is of knitted poppies to remember the 11th November. I am currently knitting some too :oops:0E81BFAE-7387-4039-86FB-0ABF9B4B341D.jpeg197D500C-D8C1-4828-8182-0C0CC7EBCA0D.jpeg5A9B4ABD-AEFE-4D55-8525-B25303ADAECC.jpeg5B1F5B3A-C37F-4235-AB84-895A9BDD9C67.jpeg5ACACD28-194C-4B0F-B45C-5FE8925E0142.jpeg

Attachments

• 8779CB9D-5106-49FA-9A48-B909783DFF21.jpeg
    8779CB9D-5106-49FA-9A48-B909783DFF21.jpeg
    979 KB · Views: 13
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Oh happy day, Peter! A morning walk in Santiago!

I had my own very happy day on Saturday. The national park next to where I have been staying has been closed since May, because of earthquakes and terrestrial unrest (it's a volcano and the summit was falling like a souffle) - and Saturday it opened again to general delight. So I walked for much of the afternoon with a huge grin on my face. The photos are on my camera and I can't upload them, alas....

Then yesterday I hopped one island over for work, and will be here for about 10 days...
So early this morning, a short 2 mile walk up up up and then back down...the forest has been traded for sweeping views...View attachment 46665

wowo_O
drool:confused::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.