• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wise Pilgrim App Crashes

Time of past OR future Camino
St Francis May-June (2019)
Dear friends, I downloaded this app from Apple store following recommendations. Unfortunately - and despite having deleted it and uploaded it 3 times - it still keeps crashing when I try to use it. Does anyone, please have a solution to this? I heard that it's a good app, but I've yet to find out enough to tell. Many thanks

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I found an Android app called 'Camino Pilgrim' that helps plan a pilgrimage to Santiago on the Frances. You can plan your own itinerary based on some sample itineraries, view locality and lodging information, share your location and itinerary, as well as follow your track on a map.

It's free but you can donate and please do if you like it so the developer can keep on updating and improving it.

Warm regards, Lance.

Check it out at the following sites:

Google Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.moemke.android.mycamino

Camino Pilgrim App Website:
https://www.caminopilgrim.com

Blog Website:
https://www.pinaypilgrim.blogspot.com

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
There was another app mentioned recently on the forum: Camino Santiago - App Camino from Associacion Municipios del Camino. I recently downloaded it but did not care for it, it was nearly impossible for me to make an account and log on to. Has anyone else tried it?

As to the original question, I have had the Wise Pilgrim app crash occasionally. Usually after it has had time to "warm up" it behaves better. I have found that the newer Wisely+ version is more stable.

I have on my phone and use both Wisely+ and Buen Camino.

Last edited:
I like the Buen Camino app. It's available for Apple and Android. Don't worry that the website is in Spanish, the app will be in the language of your choice.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Try the Camino Places App. It is also from Wisepilgrim. I had no trouble opening it on an Apple device

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Dear friends, I downloaded this app from Apple store following recommendations. Unfortunately - and despite having deleted it and uploaded it 3 times - it still keeps crashing when I try to use it. Does anyone, please have a solution to this? I heard that it's a good app, but I've yet to find out enough to tell. Many thanks
Try contacting Wise Pilgrim. I just checked mine to ensure it is still working and no problems at all. It worked first time with no issues. Have you maybe thought of trying it on a different phone to eliminate a device rather than app problem

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back