• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

With apologies to Hape Kerkeling

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
I'm off then.
Thank you all for so much advice and assistance was 32 degrees Celsius here in Jerusalem last week, going down to -2 degrees this evening in Le Puy. Culture shock is bad enough but I may suffer through temperature inversion-a small price to pay. Buen Camino/Bon Chemin.
Miki

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi, scruffy,
I didn't know you were heading off so soon. Wishing you a wonderful French Chemin. Keep in touch, I haven't been on the LePuy route in years and hope to get back very soon. Since you are such a fan of old churches, I'm assuming you will spend a day or two in LePuy to soak it all in.

Buen camino, peregrino. Laurie

Scruffy,

As you pack your kit for your next camino remember --

"Few people know how to take a walk. The qualifications are endurance, plain clothes, old shoes, an eye for nature, good humor, vast curiosity, good speech, good silence and nothing too much...."Ralph Waldo Emerson, Country Life, 1858.

As always it will be a pleasure to read your posts as you journey along.

Stay warm and be safe.

In the truest sense I wish you Shalom,

Margaret Meredith

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Go well Scruffy!

Andy

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Bonne route!
Randi

All the best Miki! I hope it's a fruitful experience for you.

Bon chemin
Sonia
:)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone! Well.. one week from today will begin my walk across France and Spain. I see a number of posts regarding a wave of walkers and room accommodation limitations. I am one who is...
Hi. Here's a problem to which I can't find a solution. Any suggestions gratefully received! Last October I walked from Le Puy to Conques, but had to return home due to a family crisis. I'm very...
hallo. We have been using La Malle Postale to transfer our luggage each night from Le Puy en Velay. We have bad backs. They have been a great company and very reliable. Unfortunately we have just...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back