• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

women if your hair tangles easily...

I am also taking a leave in conditioner. I have wavy/curly hair and while the Hibar is better than Lush on it, it isn’t enough moisture and I know it’ll frizz out something awful, without it.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Wouldn’t a small bar of conditioner work? I also take a very wide-toothed comb, not a hairbrush, to help with the tangles…
As for hand cream… I take a tiny bottle of moisturiser, works for hands too.
Yes. I’m taking Hibar both shampoo bar and conditioner bar. The blue moisturizing one. And yeah a wide tooth comb is essential. I cut the handle off mine. 😆

I'm interested in this topic as well...but I have found that many natural soaps are made with Coconut oil, and after 60 years, I *still* break out if I use it. If someone knows of a non-coconut oil bar, I'd be willing to try it.

Oily scalp ( hello, persistent pimples :(, dry thin hair. I *will* get a pixie cut before my next Camino, even if everybody calls me señor...again.

And I know it's expensive, but those lavanderias along the Frances use their own soap in their washers. I guess the Primitivo won't have any until Lugo...

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I've no idea where to put this question, so I settled on equipment. Please move as necessary. :D

I tested a shampoo/conditioner on my hair. Sea to Summit. It was a disaster. I could not draw a comb through my hair at all. Then I tried some leave in conditioner on it. And somehow I ended up with hair that was both dry and greasy at the same time. :p

I know lots of people take one bar of something for everything and manage just nicely. You all must have hair that doesn't tangle and isn't dry to begin with. I need to reduce pack weight more and my toiletries bag is getting scrutiny now. Is there something that works for hair that tangles easily? If it works on my hair I'm fine using it on my body. But I need to be able to run a comb through it!

Also, do I really need a bottle of sunscreen for my skin in the last two weeks of March given that the weather is likely to be more snowy and rainy than sunny? I already have sunscreen in my face moisturizer (which I am determined to bring...I tranferred it to a smaller/lighter container).

And do you bring a small bottle of hand cream? I have dry skin too. Yes, I realize I could pick this up at any pharmacy along the way, but then it'll still be in my pack increasing my weight, so I might as well pick one up that is super low weight to begin with if it is a necessary item.

There have got to be some girlie girls with some secrets on products here. I'm not bringing any make up or even a razor. I just want to feel clean and comb my hair.

Help?
there is a fabulous shop on Etsy " Get Lathered " that makes solid shampoo and solid conditioner bars. I wont walk without them! That conditioner bar will untangle a rats nest! Everyone that has tried it agrees. I have very long color treated hair and use these in the Nag Champa scent ( there are many scents ) You can order a 4 pack of sample/travel sized bars that last a long time...one small travel cube lasted 5 weeks, using every day.
Good luck in your search, but I'd at least consider this!

No super wisdom on conditioner. I have a bar ... forget the brand right now. Works adequately. But what I find indispensable is my "WET BRUSH" and I was just able to get a travel sized version. I recommend this brush for anyone with the hair that tangles if you so much as look at it. Your hair won't be mangled when it is wet, and it will tidy it up just so when dry.

Here is the travel pack: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01IMYFH8K/?tag=santiagodec0b-20

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
No super wisdom on conditioner. I have a bar ... forget the brand right now. Works adequately. But what I find indispensable is my "WET BRUSH" and I was just able to get a travel sized version. I recommend this brush for anyone with the hair that tangles if you so much as look at it. Your hair won't be mangled when it is wet, and it will tidy it up just so when dry.

Here is the travel pack: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01IMYFH8K/?tag=santiagodec0b-20
I concur...carry the same. Just received my new one from amazon last week...fabulous little thing

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back