• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

100Km in 3 days: logistics?

JByrne

Time of past OR future Camino
July 2013
My wife and I are planning 114KM in 3 days: Sarria to Portomarin to Palas deRei to Arzana to Monte Del Gozo to final destination: Santiago deCompostela. We both hike, swim, run mini marathons and feel this can be done. Is this overly ambitious or not? Perhaps we should shorten and take our o/nite train to Portomarin from Madrid instead of to Sarria as starting point?

Should we chop it up evenly, staying overnite after each 33 Km, or is there a better way? And we're looking for nice hostel/hotels with a private room/bath though it does not have to be fancy. Ideas?

Also we're a wee bit concerned about our poor command of Spanish -- we've some Spanish phrases, but should we expect to meet some English speakers? Am figuring we should drop into the pilgrims Mass each morn to c onnect with folks. My wife also speaks French.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi JByrne! It's longer than I would like to walk each day, but then I don't do mini marathons or anything else particularly strenuous between Caminos! I'm sure you can do it. I'd split it as evenly as possible.

You don't say when you're planning to go, but just make sure there are enough daylight hours in the day. On private accommodation, the only place that surprised me was Palais de Rei , where (for a town of its size) there didn't seem to be as much as I would expect, although one of the bars organised rooms in one of the side streets.

The lack of Spanish should be fine once on the Camino. People help each other out.

Happy planning and Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back