A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

12 Days- Bordeaux to Finish Camino de Santiago: How to make this possible

2020 Camino Guides

Hrdean

Camino(s) past & future
Future Camino travel planned for February 22nd- March 6th.
Hello Everyone!

I'm currently living in Paris, France and am (trying) to organize my pilgrimage from Bordeaux finishing in Santiago, beginning February 22-March 6th during my holiday. I've been studying a map to make this possible very vigorously, my plan would be to begin in Bordeaux (or Irun)-Bilbao- Santander- Oviedo- Santiago. I'm opting to take the coastal route.

I was wondering if I could hear about anyone's experience or recommendations for this adventure? I have friends who hiked this route during the February/March months and know it's possible but can be difficult with the weather. I've lived in the Northern part of Spain before so I know I need to be prepared for the various weather.

Any insight, information, or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Hannah

Jan_D

Camino(s) past & future
Aragones (2011)
Frances (2012)
Norte (2013, 2014)
Hospitalera (2014)
Portugues (2017)
Hi, not really clear on what you plan to do, as walking from Bordeaux to Santiago would take about 6 weeks - it's close to 1,000km! (Or are you planning on cycling?) Also, going along the coast would be the Camino del Norte, not the Camino Frances, so maybe you should post your question in that section...

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019)
It is easy. Rent a car. Unless you can walk about 85K a day. Then walking will be no problem. I just figured it out if you walk about 91K a day you can even get a rest day in Santander.

Last edited:

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
You will have to take a bus or train to a starting point closer to Santiago. Since you want to do the Norte you could maybe start in Oviedo? I don't think that I'd do the Primitivo in the winter if you were thinking about that route.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 318 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 92 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 363 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock