A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

7 out of 10 pilgrims dissatisfied with prices

Peter Robins

Veteran Member
Donating Member
A survey of 2004 (Holy Year) pilgrims by the Galician section of the consumer association Euroconsumo finds that 70% think those providing services along the Camino Francés charge inflated prices. It seems though that these are mainly grumbles, as few made any official complaints.

Perhaps somewhat paradoxically, the survey also found that the majority approve of introducing charges in the Galician albergues.

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/ed_santiag ... TO=4238411
http://www.elcorreogallego.es/index.php ... 0&Itemid=6

Advertisment

kees

Prices

It could be that the grumbling is based on the time of year. It is quite possible that in very busy times, such as spring and summer, some hostal, bar and restaurant owners raise the prices, seeing a commercial opportunity.
Although I find this somewhat hard to believe.

The people I met and spoke to found the prices very low and even sometimes embarrassing low for a particaulr good peregrino menu in some places. For most North Americans and Europeans Spain is still cheap.

I found the Albergues in Galicia not at the same level as the other ones in Spain, perhaps due to lack of supervision or overuse.

Kees

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 142 26.3%
  • June