• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Coruna to Betanzos

Filippo05ff

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Inglés:A Coruña - Betanzos - SDC May 2024
Is a bad idea to go to Betanzos from A Coruna instead of Sergude? Does anybody did this? Could be a valid option?
Thank you for your opinions or advice

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I walked A Coruña to Sergude a few days ago and I have walked from Ferrol in the past. It would be considerably longer to walk to Betanzos than Sergude and you would have to create your own route - it would not be a marked Camino path. The A Coruña branch of the Ingles merges with the Ferrol branch close to Bruma and a long way south of Betanzos. If you particularly want to pass through Betanzos why start from A Coruña?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Making that easy without many details, the reason is to try the tortillas of Betanzos! 😋😄
I can’t help you much with your route as I went the more traditional Ferrol, Pontedueme, Betanzos. However, regardless of how you get there, the Tortilla de Betanzos is worth the walk. Let me recommend a very nice eaterie, Casa Miranda. It offers an
excellent tortilla (but again, there’s probably not a bad one in the city).
IMG_1599.jpeg

Google says that A Coruna to Betanzos is 23 km by foot. Seems a perfect distance. Let's see.. Anyway thank you @Grousedoctor and all the others for the advices!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Google says that A Coruna to Betanzos is 23 km by foot. Seems a perfect distance. Let's see.. Anyway thank you @Grousedoctor and all the others for the advices!
Mapy.cz shows quite a pleasant walk via the bike trail, but it’s 32,3km not 23km.

The Google route is solely along the road, and looking at the satellite view, at least part of it may have no pedestrian access- although you could probably work around that.

Mapy.cz shows quite a pleasant walk via the bike trail, but it’s 32,3km not 23km.

The Google route is solely along the road, and looking at the satellite view, at least part of it may have no pedestrian access- although you could probably work around that.
I don't trust google so much for that. And taking 23 km of busy roads is not a good walk. For that reason I've asked here if somebody has done it before. I will take a look at the bike trail, thank you!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I can’t help you much with your route as I went the more traditional Ferrol, Pontedueme, Betanzos. However, regardless of how you get there, the Tortilla de Betanzos is worth the walk. Let me recommend a very nice eaterie, Casa Miranda. It offers an
excellent tortilla (but again, there’s probably not a bad one in the city).
View attachment 171285

Are there restaurants in Bentanzos that serve single size portions of these tortillas? This looks delicious but enormous, way more than I could eat.

Are there restaurants in Bentanzos that serve single size portions of these tortillas? This looks delicious but enormous, way more than I could eat.
My recollection where we ate (and I can't remember the name of it) was that they served either a small or large tortilla. I can't vouch for other establishments. I guess if they have a suitable container you could take the rest away for the next day, bearing in mind they are a bit more fluid than others. They don't have to be kept refrigerated.

If it helps, this route was posted on Plotaroute.com (route in reverse from Betanzos) but the bulk appears to be on minor roads/tracks.
Ok , so we take this route, and it was really good. The first part was basically the official Camino route. After we take the "paseo fluvial" to exit A Coruña until the O Burgo bridge. From there is almost all on secondary road and on the cycling route mentioned before. My phone says 27,6 km from the place we sleep in A Coruña until the Betanzos' albergue municipal. Casa Miranda was closed today but we had a wonderful tortilla in O Pote restaurant. Definitely worth the detour!! I post here some photos and our gpx track if somebody wants to do that (we made some little changes from the original track to go along the lake shore and a litlle shorter enter in Betanzos)

Attachments

• mar 28 mag 2024, 07_52–14_27 A Coruña - Betanzos.gpx
    634.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240528_120312.jpg
    IMG_20240528_120312.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240528_121042.jpg
    IMG_20240528_121042.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240528_121846.jpg
    IMG_20240528_121846.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240528_170259_012.jpg
    IMG_20240528_170259_012.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 3
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There's a bar called O Rabel that serve single size portions of the tortillas. I managed to get one two weeks back when i was there - it was great!

Most read last week in this forum

hi I am starting Camino Inglés soon I fly into Santiago and hope to get bus to Ferrol arriving around 730pm I’m wondering will there be spaces left at the albergues that night to start my Camino...
We are starting the Ingles soon, asking anybody who has recently completed it, if there is a need to book each day before arriving at each town?
Hi there I’m starting next Saturday from Ferrol I have walked the French and Portuguese way before so familiar enough and really looking forward to a short 6 days walking Quick question !! Are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.