A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

A new albergue on the Invierno - in Rodeiro!

2020 Camino Guides

Athena Atterdag

time&space traveller
Camino(s) past & future
Via Francigena (2017,2018)
Via Turonensis (Paris-Chartres,2018)
Camino de Invierno (Dec2018/Jan2019)
Good news from the Camino de Invierno Facebook group: a new albergue has opened in Rodeiro!

It is located in the same building as the Hostal Carpinteiras (enter Rodeiro, turn left at the crossing, walk all the way uphill, turn left again, walk some more, and you're there), and is run by the same owners. I stayed in the hostal while walking the Invierno this winter and just cannot praise this place and the owners enough - very comfortable place and very welcoming people!

Here's the Gronze page on the new albergue (and the hostal): https://www.gronze.com/galicia/pontevedra/rodeiro/albergue-hostal-carpinteiras?fbclid=IwAR3lfQJwN94iDDZ3H2RPUWcIhi9YgdwgU8O3qcY8IGyEnAI2Yj0jNXazv3o

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Good news from the Camino de Invierno Facebook group: a new albergue has opened in Rodeiro!

It is located in the same building as the Hostal Carpinteiras (enter Rodeiro, turn left at the crossing, walk all the way uphill, turn left again, walk some more, and you're there), and is run by the same owners. I stayed in the hostal while walking the Invierno this winter and just cannot praise this place and the owners enough - very comfortable place and very welcoming people!

Here's the Gronze page on the new albergue (and the hostal): https://www.gronze.com/galicia/pontevedra/rodeiro/albergue-hostal-carpinteiras?fbclid=IwAR3lfQJwN94iDDZ3H2RPUWcIhi9YgdwgU8O3qcY8IGyEnAI2Yj0jNXazv3o
Indeed it looks brand new-ish. But I remember my stay there at the top floor, after the beautiful stage over Monte Faro and then having the two bed room all for myself. Sitting on the balcony, showered, clothes drying, overlooking the football field in the evening, watching the sunset, sipping tinto and listening to the airplanes landing/taking off from SdC. The end was closing in and I wouldn't change that room with balcony for any albergue :D

Thanks for posting!!!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 173 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 279 24.4%