A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Accommodation in Arres, Camino Aragones

Camino T-shirt

Jenny@zen

Jenny
Camino(s) past & future
Francesx2 Le Puy Primitivo Mozarabe Arles Norte Rota Vicentina Portuguese Stevenson Madrid Salvador
Hi. We walked the Aragones in 2016 and stayed in the albergue in Arres. Lovely hospitaleros and communal dinner but a small crowded dorm and I didn’t sleep a wink

We’ll be walking this lovely path again in September and this time would like to stay at the small bar / hotel. El Granero del Conde. I found a website link but it leads to an error page. Does anyone know if the El Granero is still operating? And have an email address?

I’ve also sent an email to the Jaca camino association but no reply so far.

Any help appreciated. Thank you

Pia Valbak Schmidt

Pilgrim, DK, Caminos 2007,09,11,12,13,14.15,16,18
Camino(s) past & future
2007,2009,2011,2012,2013,2014.2015,2016,2018. Hospitalera 2012,2013,2014,2016,2017
Hi. We walked the Aragones in 2016 and stayed in the albergue in Arres. Lovely hospitaleros and communal dinner but a small crowded dorm and I didn’t sleep a wink

We’ll be walking this lovely path again in September and this time would like to stay at the small bar / hotel. El Granero del Conde. I found a website link but it leads to an error page. Does anyone know if the El Granero is still operating? And have an email address?

I’ve also sent an email to the Jaca camino association but no reply so far.

Any help appreciated. Thank you
I walked the Camino Aragones last year at the end of may, I also stayed in Arres, and I agree with you. The El Granero del Conde was not open. Buen Camino 🍀

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
For my trouble, trying to find it for you, I got a message with news that my computer is full of viruses, so sorry, that is the end of that!

Jenny@zen

Jenny
Camino(s) past & future
Francesx2 Le Puy Primitivo Mozarabe Arles Norte Rota Vicentina Portuguese Stevenson Madrid Salvador
I walked the Camino Aragones last year at the end of may, I also stayed in Arres, and I agree with you. The El Granero del Conde was not open. Buen Camino 🍀
Thank you.

Jenny@zen

Jenny
Camino(s) past & future
For my trouble, trying to find it for you, I got a message with news that my computer is full of viruses, so sorry, that is the end of that!
Thank you for your trouble. I’m sorry your computer is full of viruses!

peregrina2000

Staff member
That’s really sad to hear. If the posada is closed I guess the bar is too.

I learned when I stayed in the Arres albergue that the Aragonés government was giving houses away for a euro. All you had to promise was to restore it in an historically accurate way and to live there. It seemed to be working because there were quite a few really pretty restored stone homes. I hope this doesn’t signal that the effort failed.

Jenny@zen

Jenny
Camino(s) past & future
That’s really sad to hear. If the posada is closed I guess the bar is too.

I learned when I stayed in the Arres albergue that the Aragonés government was giving houses away for a euro. All you had to promise was to restore it in an historically accurate way and to live there. It seemed to be working because there were quite a few really pretty restored stone homes. I hope this doesn’t signal that the effort failed.
Oh that would be a shame. We had a drink in the bar before the communal dinner and they made us great boccadillos for the next day.

We walked aragones way following on from the Arles Way and absolutely loved it. This time I’m walking with a friend who, like me, struggles to sleep in the dorm rooms, especially with little space between beds.

We are putting together a sort of ‘best of’ caminos and planned to start in Jaca, walk to Obanos and then to Estella on the Frances and then head north for a week on the Norte from Hondarribia to Bilbao and then bus to Villaviciosa to walk the Primitivo. I’ve walked all of these routes and happy to walk again. My friend has walked the Frances twice and keen for a change, but in Spain.

Would be interested if you have any alternative ideas for that first week. Thank you

Jenny@zen

Jenny
Camino(s) past & future
PS I think I've solved this issue. Now looking to start in Canfranc (train from Barcelona) - First day will be Canfranc to Jaca - don't know why I didn't think of it before - it was a beautiful walk. . And second day from Jaca will be a shorter one, staying overnight in Puenta la Reina de Jaca (3.5 kms before Arres) at Hotel Anaya. Makes the third day to Ruesta a bit longer but that's fine. So that's an option for anyone walking from Jaca and looking for private accommodation.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Thank you for your trouble. I’m sorry your computer is full of viruses!
Ah! I don’t believe everything that pops up on my screen! It was just another malware fixer trying to catch an unsuspecting innocent. My faith in my Mac has yet to be found at risk. I just get out of those dodgy pages, and the ones that offer me the moon, faster than a bat out of hell... very glad to see you have worked out your plan. Buen camino.

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Camino(s) past & future
2019 Biarritz-Pamplona-Lourdes
2018 Aragon/Frances/Finis
2018 Operation Sabre
2018 Marin Ramble
In April of 2018, the bar in Arres was open but we were told that staying there is only as an overflow when the albuergue is full (which I am guessing is never). Loved Arres but I get that it’s not for everyone. Artieda is also an option for an albuergue.

Jenny@zen

Jenny
Camino(s) past & future
In April of 2018, the bar in Arres was open but we were told that staying there is only as an overflow when the albuergue is full (which I am guessing is never). Loved Arres but I get that it’s not for everyone. Artieda is also an option for an albuergue.
Thanks VacaJoe That's interesting, I loved the spirit of the albergue in Arres - but sleep wise was my worst night in 900 kms from Arles, so keen not to repeat that!

sharon w

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2007
Camino Portugues 2009
Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre 2012
Cammino di Assisi 2014
Via Podiensis, Camino del Norte, Camino Frances(Astorga to Santiago) 2015
Aussie Camino 2016
We stayed in Artieda last year. Had an excellent meal and the accommodation was good.

Jenny@zen

Jenny
Camino(s) past & future
Thanks Sharon. We will most likely walk on to Ruesta but ... it’s good to know that Artieda is a good alternative. I remember stopping there along the way. I’m looking forward to walking on the Aragones Way again.

Jenny@zen

Jenny
Camino(s) past & future
Probably 13 September from Canfranc Estacion.

Jenny@zen

Jenny
Camino(s) past & future
I don't know where Lesser is?

Jenny@zen

Jenny
Camino(s) past & future
Ah yes, we didn’t stay overnight in Lescar in our Arles Way In 2016 If you are starting there on the 4th I think you may be well past us by the time we begin in Canfranc-estacion on the 13th. The Aragones is a beautiful path. Bon chemin. Buen Camino.

Beeman

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo,2017,Argonne and salvador,sept.2019
Ah yes, we didn’t stay overnight in Lescar in our Arles Way In 2016 If you are starting there on the 4th I think you may be well past us by the time we begin in Canfranc-estacion on the 13th. The Aragones is a beautiful path. Bon chemin. Buen Camino.
You do not know how slow I walk! Buen Camino to you. I hope that we both have good weather!

karidadpoethig

Camino(s) past & future
Ingles & part of Norte (2012), Camino Frances (2015), Camino Portuguese Interior (2017)
I am coming in late here to ask a different question -- can I get from the Camino Aragones to the Camino Ignaciano? I really want to focus on female-centered spirituality, so Marian churches (Monserrat is one end-point) and figured that the Ignaciano would be a good way to get me there (and I like that the Jesuits have put in some time to make this way), but the Aragones looks so beautiful.

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Camino(s) past & future
2019 Biarritz-Pamplona-Lourdes
2018 Aragon/Frances/Finis
2018 Operation Sabre
2018 Marin Ramble
Technically, you can get from any Camino to any other Camino by bus, train, or simply walking! If you are asking if the Ignatian and Aragones paths cross, though, then the answer is no. For the most part, the former heads from north to south while the latter from east to west, with the Aragones ending at Puente Le Reina.

Paths DO connect the two, but it’s nit a logical progression if your intent is to walk from Loyola to Manressa.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Pingüigrino Camino Aragonés 19
OLDER threads on this topic
Hospitalero in Arres- ( Camino Aragones)

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 168 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 270 24.2%