Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Accommodation in Paris

GailGwyn

Past OR future Camino
part Camino Frances (2013), Part Camino Norte (2014)Camino Frances (2019)Camino Portuguese (2020)
Hi, we're going to travel from the UK to Paris next April, by Eurostar. We want to stay overnight, either near Gare du Nord, or Montparnasse.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced place, with private bathroom, please?

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
Hi, we're going to travel from the UK to Paris next April, by Eurostar. We want to stay overnight, either near Gare du Nord, or Montparnasse.

It’s not exactly ‘pretty’ Paris round the Gare du Nord at night; Montparnasse is better; but there are much nicer parts of Paris if you’re doing more than just passing through. The Marais?

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Grousedoctor

Past OR future Camino
On our last camino, as we flew into Paris from Montreal, we spent a night there before heading to SJPP. Let me recommend the Hotel Esmeralda in the shadow of Notre Dame Cathedral. We found prices to be good for the city and location was excellent. A quick 10 minute Uber the next morning put us at Gare Montparnasse for the relaxing train ride south.

Larry Gordon

Feet don’t fail me now...
Past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago (French Way) beginning in SJPDP 26 April 2019

I stayed at the Hotel Odessa in 2019, it is a short walk from Gare Montparnesse. I am walking the Camino del Norte next May and will stay at the Hotel Odessa again.

Piscesman1946

Past OR future Camino
Portugués (Oct 2019)
Hi, we're going to travel from the UK to Paris next April, by Eurostar. We want to stay overnight, either near Gare du Nord, or Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced place, with private bathroom, please?

Hotel Orchidee, 65 rue de l'Ouest, 14th arr., Paris, 75014. Great place, don’t fall for the expensive breakfast, easy walking distance to Gare Montparnass

stinmd

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - May 2015; Camino del Norte/Primitivo - July/August 2016; Camino Portugues - Sept 2017

Have you tried Airbnb? Should find plenty of listings there.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

KellysMom

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - May (2019)
Spring of 2019 I stayed at the Hotel Moulin Vert both pre and post Camino Frances. About a 16 min walk to the Gare Montparnasse. Reasonable price and good location.

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2015), Camino Frances (2022)
check out the Generator Hostel Paris. It’s about a 1.5 km walk, or easy metro ride from Gare du Nord. I stayed there after my Camino. Clean, quiet, great common areas and restaurant. They have private rooms for ~100 euro, which is very good for Paris.

Past OR future Camino
My advice for what it’s worth stay away from Gare du Nord it’s like a scene from the Star Wars cantina around there, I’ve never felt so uncomfortable also Paris taxi drivers are lunatics and will do anything to over charge you. I stayed in the Ibis at Montparnasse (there are 2 close by) very handy for an early train in the morning and reasonably priced for Paris. Buen Camino

The Austrian

Past OR future Camino
CF Nov 11, 2016
CF Oct 31, 2018

Hotel Parisiana, 21 Rue de Chabrol, 75010 Paris, France. I've stayed here myself.
Walking distance from GdN, right next to Marche Saint Quentin, a covert market hall and yes, GdN area is grungy, but also has some of the best Indian food in (continental) Europe.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads