A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Accommodation in Porto

Santiago Photo Book

formysons

Camino(s) past & future
Roncesvalles - Santiago 2009; Portuguese, Ingles, Finesterre and Muxia - 2019.
Could fellow pilgrims please advise me on albergues or affordable hostels in Porto, I need to book our (two senior ladies) first night.
I have been looking on rome2rio (booking.com) but they do not offer albergue options, so I think my best route would be other pilgrims.

TMcA

Camino(s) past & future
Pamplona to Santiago (2013)
Le Puy to Pamplona in segments (2013 - 2016)
Pamplona to León
Gronze.com is available to help you.

rowdygirl

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portugues (2019)
Could fellow pilgrims please advise me on albergues or affordable hostels in Porto, I need to book our (two senior ladies) first night.
I have been looking on rome2rio (booking.com) but they do not offer albergue options, so I think my best route would be other pilgrims.
Pet's Inn is a very nice Hostel in Porto. We just stayed there before leaving on our camino.

formysons

Camino(s) past & future
Gronze.com is available to help you.

Thanks, I will look into Gronze.com.

formysons

Camino(s) past & future
Autocorrect, urgh! POET'S INN is recommended, not Pet's Inn, lol!
Hi rowdygirl, that is so funny, well... I thought I am an animal lover, let's try this one.
Good, I will look into Poet's Inn. Thanks for the recommendation.

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
Republica is in a quiet neighborhood near restaurants. It operates as a hostel and hotel.

jerbear

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de madrid, camino francis, camino inverino (2012, 2013,2014)
CdM, Francis, San salvador, primativo june 2015 CDM , francis, inverino 2016
Camino madrid, via de Plata. Santiago.
Coast of the dead malpica to muxia
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago 2014
Pamplona to Santiago 2017
Norte. 2018
I’m staying at Downtown Hostel st the end of the month. If you go to Booking.com (not thru Rome 2 Rio) you can set filters for what you want. If you select lowest prices first Albergues come up. On my computer it seems easier than the phone app.

Michael; Camino-addicted

Take your time to enjoy a beautiful moment
Camino(s) past & future
A few Caminos
Next plan - Camino Vasco interior
I recommend Porto Lounge Hostel and guesthouse.

There are double rooms as well as bedrooms for 6-8 persons (also for women only). Everything is very nice, clean and with a good breakfast. The hostel is located in a relatively quiet street of the old town, but not directly in the hotspot and is easily accessible by metro. 5 minutes to walk to San Bento or the cathedral.

For us it was perfect

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
A lot of the seniors in our local pilgrim walker's group here in Toronto seem to like Yes! Hostel. I stayed there on their advice and it worked for me, although I can't compare it to other Porto hostels. One thing I liked about it was the communal supper that was available, something I tend to look for in albergues (although this wasn't an albergue). I didn't stay at the albergue because I was starting on the senda litoral along the river to the coast and the albergue seemed to be more out of the way for this route (although likely nicely situated for those walking north out of town along the road for the Central or Coastal routes).

twh

Camino(s) past & future
Frances May/June, 2018
Porto-Muxia-Finisterre Oct (2019)
I too am looking for suggestions on an economy private room in Porto for one person. I arrive late afternoon and need to acclimate from Jet lag. I will then spend the next full day in Porto to experience the town and another night. Any ideas are welcomed.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 44 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 268 24.5%