• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation Options? Sleeping bag... yes or no?

Time of past OR future Camino
Apr & Sep 2013, Apr 2014, 2015, Sep 2022, 2023
Hi ..We are continuing our camino mid September 2013, commencing Logrono ..we only have 10 days to walk.. Can anyone shed light onto the different accommodations available and whether or not we will need our sleeping bags....We walked SJPP to Logrono in April this year and used albergues and hotels .. We were appreciative of our sleeping bags when we stayed in albergues as the weather was freeeeeeezing for us Aussies .. but clearly we did not need them in hotels. Wondering about other accommodation options we have seen mentioned on this forum.. "Above bars", "private", "casa rural", Etc ...wondering if we could leave our sleeping bags at home for next leg? Suggestions most welcome! Thanks in advance ... Jo

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
If you are going to use albergues bring a bag. If you are going to use private rooms in the private albergues or hotels there is no need. Hope you have a safe and enjoyable second half.
Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You could compromise on the sleeping bag question and bring along a silk sleep sack. That way if you do stay at the odd albergue, you are prepared, but if you don't you have only added a few ounces/grams to your total weight.

I hope you plan for some time in Logrono to do a tapas crawl - there are three whole streets dedicated to tapas bars in Logrono!

Have a fantastic time!

Hi Nancy, thanks for the advice... I actually came to this conclusion myself thanks to the help of other's questions on this forum ... silk sleeping sacks have been ordered!! And yes... definitely will partake in a tapas or two! Jo

http://www.alberguelogrono.es is a great place to stay in Logrono, well equipped with its own kitchen, private bathroom with towels, no curfew, and best of all, 50m from one of the streets with a bunch of tapas bars.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'd take the sleeping bags -- the Camino is starting to reach mediaeval levels of affluence, which is astonishing and wonderful BTW, but it does mean that full albergues are bound to be possible in any season except for the winter months.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back