• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

advice on passport sought

kika

hi fellow pilgrims,
i'm planning to walk end of august, and i'll have to do the trail in sections, as I don't have enough time, unfortunately.
My questions - any answers would be very much appreciated:
1. is it possible to get the passport in santiago de compostela?
2. is it possible to re-use it next year to continue on the way, the next section?
3. what are the rules: is it only permissible to use it when walking west, or can I also use it when walking home (east) again?

I would also really be grateful on advice on the need of sleeping bags/ sleeping mat. Are all beds equipped with matresses/ blankets - I guess sheets are never provided???http://www.caminodesantiago.me/board/posting.php?mode=post&f=14&sid=885d19edbb0345352ade1b56a1ceb7dc#

How easy is it to obtain drinking water on the way? I don't believe in buying bottled water (where to throw the plastic bottles?) and so would rely on fountains, tap water... did you carry iodine or some other water purificant with you?

Thanks very much for reading my questions, posting.php?mode=post&f=14&sid=885d19edbb0345352ade1b56a1ceb7dc#
Kika

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The drinking water is good. Use water taps in bars and albergues, and from municipal water systems. Avoid the animal troughs and the fountains labeled "Non Potable."

kika said:
hi fellow pilgrims,
i'm planning to walk end of august, and i'll have to do the trail in sections, as I don't have enough time, unfortunately.
My questions - any answers would be very much appreciated:
1. is it possible to get the passport in santiago de compostela?
2. is it possible to re-use it next year to continue on the way, the next section?
3. what are the rules: is it only permissible to use it when walking west, or can I also use it when walking home (east) again?

I would also really be grateful on advice on the need of sleeping bags/ sleeping mat. Are all beds equipped with matresses/ blankets - I guess sheets are never provided???Kika

Hola

Yes - you can obtain a Pilgrim Passport or Credencial at the Pilgrims' Office in Santiago

Yes - you can use it to walk any of the routes in sections over a number of years

Yes - you can use it walking both ways but on the return journey some hospitaleros at busy times may give precedence to pilgrims walking TO Santiago

Using a sleeping bag is very much a question of personal preference. By the end of August it is still very warm and I would use a silk liner rather than a sleeping bag. Some albergues have some blankets and increasingly albergues are issuing paper sheets and pillowcases.

Buen Camino

John

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi everyone,
Can I get a Carnet de Pelerin in Oloron Sainte-Marie on the Chemin d'Arles. I would think it's possible, but I just want to be sure. David

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Obtention de la carte d’accréditation

La carte d’accréditation est appelée aussi :

* credencial,
* ou créanciale (Eglise de France),
* ou passeport du pèlerin,
* ou carnet du pèlerin.

En France, deux entités remettent ce document indispensable au pèlerin qui s’achemine vers Compostelle, et qui a pour but :

* de lui reconnaître le statut de pèlerin, et ce faisant, d’accéder aux refuges, en France et en Espagne ;
* de lui permettre d’obtenir, à son arrivée à Santiago, auprès du Bureau des Pèlerins, 1, rua do Vilar (ler étage), la « Compostella », attestant de son pèlerinage.

Ces deux entités sont :

* l’Eglise de France, qui la donne à travers certains de ses diocèses, et de leurs paroisses ;
* les associations jacquaires.

Pour ce qui concerne la voie de Vézelay, notre association la délivre à ses adhérents au moment du départ, contre remise :

* d’une pièce d’identité,
* et sur indication d’une date et du lieu précis de départ.

Ce document est délivré :

* soit par courrier adressé au siège de l’association,
* soit au Bureau de l’association, 24, rue Saint-Pierre à Vézelay, du vendredi au lundi, et jours fériés, de 10h à 19h (sans interruption).

They have the créanciale here:
PARISH OF TRINITY OLORON
PRESBYTERE:secrétariat 2, rue Centulle
OLORON-STE-MARIE
TEL:0559390170 FAX:O559360928 E.MAIL: paroissetrinite@wanadoo.fr

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back