• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Advice

Orfilia

Time of past OR future Camino
(2020)
How is the bes way to do Camino de Santiago in 9 days? We can't do whole route. Any advice? Any short route to start and end in Santiago de Compostella?.
Thanks.
Nancy Garcia

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
First, decide which route you want to walk. There are many choices, with the Camino Frances being the most popular. The site Gronze.com has all the major routes.

If you choose the Frances you can use the site below to plan your stages to determine a good starting point.

And reading posts on this forum will give you lots of information, ideas and tips.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
How is the bes way to do Camino de Santiago in 9 days? We can't do whole route. Any advice? Any short route to start and end in Santiago de Compostella?.
Thanks.
Nancy Garcia

Start in Villafranca del Bierzo, perhaps? VdeB is easily and cheaply reached via ALSA bus from Madrid-Barajas, and is a charming-enough place.... A good night's sleep, and off you go! ... From VdeB to SdeC it's an easy, scenic 8-9 days' walking, and would include such "must-sees" as O Cebreiro, Samos, and the Ezequiel Restaurant in Melide. But I would strongly suggest that you schedule at least one full day in SdeC -- so much to see and enjoy! (Such as the chorizo al vino at the Cafe-Bar Mazarelos! Yumm!)

Last edited:
Start in Barcelos and do the Central Portuguese Way? There are many fantastic cities to tour, full of history, castles, Roman roads and lovely churches. You can see how to do it, starting on my day seventeen. This can easily be done in nine days. Tui, Valenca, Ponte de Lima, Barcelos, Pontevedra are all wonderful places! This is perhaps, my favorite Camino, as far as history goes. (But then I have only done the French Way from Melide).

Hi Nancy,

It seems that you already have a number of suggestions, but here's another one:
- walk the Frances from Ponferrada to Santiago

Or, if you wish to avoid the more crowded Frances:
- walk the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to A Laxe
- walk the Camino Sanabres from A Laxe to Santiago

Depending on what daily distances you can manage, both can be done in 9 days.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Santiago in 9 days, might I suggest starting in Sarria, you'd be joining 50% of pilgrim's who start their journey here 100+km from Santiago De Compostela a prerequisite of receiving your compestella certificate and remember to collect 2 stamps per day. Id allow 4-5 days. Spend rest day in Santiago, and go further and walk to the end of the earth, one of the most magical 3-4 day walks and you can collect another certificate from Pilgrim office in Finisterre. Allow full day to walk and return from lighthouse at Faro and return bus to Santiago. This 9 day route itinerary in my opinion cannot be matched and it is possible to walk total distance in 7 days permitting rest day in Santiago and Finisterre. Buen Camino 🤠

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...
Hello peregrinos, we are Sara and Giuseppe, a Italian couple, we lost today a sleeping bag, in the way, from Pamplona to Puente De la Reina, anyone has found it? Let us know please.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back