• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Almost no private rooms available around San Juan, Ages and Atapuerca

505badgolfer

Time of past OR future Camino
frances 2021
I am just in day 7 of the Camino, currently in Logrono. Have been trying to stay in private hotels, and am using a luggage transport service. I've just spent a fair amount of time on the phone trying to find a private room in and around, Ages, in vain. I called up the luggage transport company and they explained that this part of the Camino has so few private lodgings, that securing a private room is almost impossible. So, at the recommendation of the luggage company, I will do the daily walk from Belorado to Ages and then catch a cab into Burgos. The next morning, reverse the process. Not perfect, but it gets the job done. Cab will probably cost about 35 euros each way.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am just in day 7 of the Camino, currently in Logrono. Have been trying to stay in private hotels, and am using a luggage transport service. I've just spent a fair amount of time on the phone trying to find a private room in and around, Ages, in vain. I called up the luggage transport company and they explained that this part of the Camino has so few private lodgings, that securing a private room is almost impossible. So, at the recommendation of the luggage company, I will do the daily walk from Belorado to Ages and then catch a cab into Burgos. The next morning, reverse the process. Not perfect, but it gets the job done. Cab will probably cost about 35 euros each way.
I'm also in Belorado but will be staying in an albergue in Agès tomorrow. Accommodation is very limited. Hotel in San Juan was completo. Are you only staying in hotels?

Just realise you are in Legroña. You are probably doing it a bit differently from me. Although I'm using a mix of albergue and hotel

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Have you tried Papasol in Atapuerca?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
In ages, Try Albergue Al Pajar de ages , they have a second Albergue called the red house . There are some private rooms with shared bathrooms there but you have to call them and talk to the lady ( who speaks English ). The rate is donativo. Really lovely couple with a super pilgrim paella dinner.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I am just in day 7 of the Camino, currently in Logrono. Have been trying to stay in private hotels, and am using a luggage transport service. I've just spent a fair amount of time on the phone trying to find a private room in and around, Ages, in vain. I called up the luggage transport company and they explained that this part of the Camino has so few private lodgings, that securing a private room is almost impossible. ....

Hola @505badgolfer an alternative for you & others contemplating this situation: stay overnight at Villafranca Montes de Oca (San Anton Abad is a recommendation) and then have your bag transported to Burgos and whilst it will be a long, possibly very long day, walk through to Burgos. (12.2 km to San Juan & 26.1 km from there to Burgos). Once you have reached San Juan is fairly easy going, apart from the short climb after Atapuerca but if all you are carrying is a day pack it is not (imho) an overly tough task. To recover I sugget a rest in Burgos!! Buen Camino

Hola @505badgolfer an alternative for you & others contemplating this situation: stay overnight at Villafranca Montes de Oca (San Anton Abad is a recommendation) and then have your bag transported to Burgos and whilst it will be a long, possibly very long day, walk through to Burgos. (12.2 km to San Juan & 26.1 km from there to Burgos). Once you have reached San Juan is fairly easy going, apart from the short climb after Atapuerca but if all you are carrying is a day pack it is not (imho) an overly tough task. To recover I sugget a rest in Burgos!! Buen Camino

Thanks for the info.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back