• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alternate options for picking up a credential after tourist centre closes?

Herodotus1234

Time of past OR future Camino
Feb. 2024
Hello folks,

I've found myself in sort of a tricky situation. Starting The Camino Ingles next Saturday, and I was just finalizing all of my plans when I realized that I was counting on staying at the Ferrol Pilgrim's hostel when I arrived, and then starting the Camino the next morning. the thing is, I only arrive to Ferrol at 6:40 PM, way past when the tourist centre closes.

Considering I need a credential to enter the hostel, is there anywhere else I'd be able to pick one up after the tourist centre closes?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello folks,

I've found myself in sort of a tricky situation. Starting The Camino Ingles next Saturday, and I was just finalizing all of my plans when I realized that I was counting on staying at the Ferrol Pilgrim's hostel when I arrived, and then starting the Camino the next morning. the thing is, I only arrive to Ferrol at 6:40 PM, way past when the tourist centre closes.

Considering I need a credential to enter the hostel, is there anywhere else I'd be able to pick one up after the tourist centre closes?
your profile says you’re from Ontario. Assuming you mean a week on Sat rather than this coming Sat, worth ordering a credential asap from the Canadian Company of Pilgrims website?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
your profile says you’re from Ontario. Assuming you mean a week on Sat rather than this coming Sat, worth ordering a credential asap from the Canadian Company of Pilgrims website?
Yes, I'll be getting to Ferrol on the 17th, after flying to Madrid on the 14th/15th. Thank you, I'll look into that option.

Yes, I'll be getting to Ferrol on the 17th, after flying to Madrid on the 14th/15th. Thank you, I'll look into that option.

Credentials are available at the Santiago Church in Madrid where the Camino Madrid starts (a short walk from the cathedral)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Have no experience of this "option"....
The cathedral had a crackdown on this type of commercial knock-off of their own credencial some years ago and said that they would not accept them as evidence for a Compostela. They now only accept credencials issued by themselves or approved groups like the CSJ, APOC and similar organisations.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi there!
I am almost sure that you can buy a credential in the Albergue, if you are sleeping in the new municipal Albergue of Ferrol. Open from 13:00-22:00h. You may contact them prior to your arrival and ask if a credential is available.

HTH

Roland

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello folks,

The Cathedral in Ferrol also provides them , but I'm not sure what times they are open!

Hello folks,

The tourist office isn’t the only source of Credencials in Ferrol - we went to the Concathedral in the centre for ours -the office is open when there is a Mass.
Otherwise you can get by mail order from Ivar or various other places.
Buen Camino

Hello folks,

You can get one mailed to you before you leave home. I got mine from Confraternity of St James. (London) last year. Guess where you could get it from at short notice depends where you call home . . .

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I did a search in this sub-forum but couldn't find anything recent. How much cash should I bring for the Ingles? All of my pre-booked accommodations except one accept credit card. That one place...
No rooms in Bruma tonight. Anywhere. Is it cheating to take a cab 10k away to get a place to stay?
Here is a brief outline of our Camino from Reading UK to Santiago de Compostella via the Camino Ingles. Day 1 April 7th Reading to Little London. Reading is very Pilgrim friendly, great signage...
Hello all, I'll be walking the Camino Inlgés staring 21st May, along with my husband and my mother. My husband and I are relatively fit, in our mid-40's, and my 75-year-old mother is somewhat fit...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back