• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Updating Credential Information for Camino Ingles in May 2023

Saidch

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2023
Hello Dear Friends,

i am planning to do the Camino Ingles in May 2023,
However i got my Credential in France, where I live, in 2019 and then Covid hit,
The address and number of residency cards written on the Credential are no longer correct as i change houses during this time and got a new card,
Should I also change them on the Credential? I know it might be a small detail but I prefer to know before starting,

thank you so much,

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Perhaps others will advise you differently, but I don’t think it matters what address you have on your credencial. Of course, if you were to loose your document, a correct address could help someone get it back to you. I don’t believe anyone at the Pilgim’s Office has ever referred to or even looked at my address. You may have to show your passport along with your credencial at the Pilgrim’s Office, but nothing else. Get your sellos as you walk and you’ll be all set. But, if it makes you feel better, cross out the old address and write in your new one. It will all be good when getting your Compostela in Santiago.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Per Trecile; all that info does is possibly reunite you with it in case of loss. It has no relevance when you come to claim a compostella (if that is your intention) as the relevant details will then be checked and mis-translated into what purports to be Latin at the time.

I never have my address on my credential. I only put one down if somebody at an albergue asks me to write it in.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If I am correctly understanding your post, it sounds like the number on your residency card has also changed. If so, I would suggest changing this on your credential as it is generally recorded by albergues and places stayed in along the way.

I have had an albergue host check to see if I wrote my address a couple times. But really - the address doesn't matter unless it needs to be reunited with you and I think at the pilgrim's office they looked at which country I was from (at SJPDP and in Santiago). Don't know if they do this with everyone - but they made a comment in both places about where I was from after looking at my credential. For that reason - if you change countries you might want to change your country in the credential. And change the address if you want someone to have the ability to mail it to you if lost. Don't know if anyone would actually make the effort to reunite it with the owner - but there is no possibility if you don't add that address.

Really, just take a small piece of paper, the right size, with your new address details, and use white glue / colle blanche to attach it to your credencial. Write the details before gluing it on. Make sure that the little corners are properly glued, you can remove excess glue before it dries, and white glue is great for this sort of thing.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back