• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

American Pilgrims joins ¡Amigos!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

Dear Fellow Pilgrims,

If you received a Compostela from the Pilgrims' Office in Santiago between May 1 and October 15, 2012, you surely saw and likely benefitted from the assistance of one or two blue shirted ¡Amigos! You might have thought you'd like to be an ¡Amigo! yourself.

We are delighted to inform you of yet another way to support the Camino, now available to you as a member of American Pilgrims on the Camino. American Pilgrims has enthusiastically joined with the Irish Society of the Friends of St. James, the Confraternity of St. James in London, and the Dutch Het Nederlands Genootschap van Sint Jacob to sponsor the 2013 Amigos Welcome Service in the Pilgrims' Office in Santiago de Compostela.

¡Amigos! welcome and assist pilgrims in the English language as they arrive to receive their Compostelas. Former pilgrims from the U.K., Ireland, the U.S. and Holland will be chosen to serve in the Pilgrims' Office in Santiago for two-week assignments during May to November. Factors upon which applications will be evaluated in Santiago include availability, experience on the Camino, experience as a hospitalero, degree of involvement in your pilgrim association and language skills in English, Spanish and preferably one other language.

¡Amigos! are responsible for their transportation to and from Santiago as well as food and other personal expenses; however, housing in a centrally located shared apartment is provided by the program.

If you would like more information about the Amigos Welcome Service as well as details on how to apply, please send and email to amigos@americanpilgrims.com. Application packets will be available electronically after January 7th.

Applications must reach Santiago for processing not later than February 22, 2013 deadline.

Happy New Year to you all! As we look forward to 2013, we hope to see many of you in the Pilgrims' Office in Santiago.
¡Buen Camino!
Board of Directors
American Pilgrims on the Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
As a member of the American Pilgrims on the Camino, co-coordinator of the Valley of the Sun Chapter here in Phoenix,Arizona and past experince walking my journey on the Camino Frances this past May/June, I am so happy to have received this information of the joint effort in assisting so many. This September I plan on returning to walk and then volunteer, I will also be taking the hospitalero training here at the National Gathering in Santa Barabara , California in March. I hope that being fluent in Spanish and English will be of assistance to many and I am so excited to be able to return to our beautiful Camino. Hope to meet many of you. Buen Camino!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.