American Pilgrims on the Camino webmaster

• Thread starter Former member 2537
  • Start date
F

Former member 2537

Greetings-

I am the webmaster for American Pilgrims on the Camino and look forward to trolling santiago-today as part of my keeping a finger on the pulse of the Camino. Our present site has been up since this past September and you are invited to pay us a visit at americanpilgrims.com.

I and my wife live in Denver, Colorado, United States and walked the francés in three segments in 2002, 2005 and this past June. We are signed on to be hospitaleros at the Confraternity of Saint James refugio in Rabanal the latter half of next July.

I'd like to issue an invitation for suggesting to the American Pilgrims' site books - guidebooks, historical, fiction - CDs and Web site links. Concerning links, we have a policy of not linking to purely commercial sites unless there is some overriding general benefit (RENFE, bus lines, etc).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Deirdre

Oct 7, 2007
Maryland, USA
www.theamblingblog.com
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés (2007), Camino Francés (2008), Camino Portugués (2010), Camino Aragonés - from Lourdes (2012)
HI Gene,
Happy New Year and welcome to the forum! If you scroll through you'll notice the American Pilgrim site mentioned here often! There is a wealth of information here and your knowledge and expertise will be a welcome addition as well!
Buen Camino,

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Nov 2, 2004
ZA
www.amawalkerscamino.com
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Hello Gene,
One site I really miss on your new website - that you had on the old - is Ralph and Susan Alcorn's site, Backpack45. When I was planning my first camino, that was one of the few sites that had personal stories, book lists, travel advice and links to other sites. They have a link to your website and a post about the March conference. Did you forget to add a link to their website?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Gene,
Happy New Year, and welcome to the Forum, :) .
It's great to meet you in this way because it seems we are destined to miss you physically by 2 weeks or so each year! We were hospitaleros at Rabanal in the last 2 weeks of May in 2007 and will do the last 2 weeks of June this year!
Hope all goes well for you at Rabanal and you have wonderful pilgrims pasing through. :arrow: I presume you are unable to get to the CSJ Hospitaleros meeting in January; I'm sure the CSJ contacts have given excellent backup but if you have any questions feel free to ask - maybe private message would be more appropriate
Best wishes,
Brendan

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides