• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

An article about the spiritual side of the pilgrimage

timr

Time of past OR future Camino
Several and counting...
I am not sure which sub-forum is best for this.

A thoughtful article on the spiritual and Christian side of the pilgrimage.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Interesting article.
My point of view is that the Camino is full of christian footprints. Nowadays, Christ can be met through hospitaleros, priests and nuns, other pilgrims, or everybody you get a chance to find on the Camino...

Thank you for posting this article. I think it's an inspirational 'must read' for those hoping to go on Camino, and poignant for those who have already walked the Way. It reminded me of many things that I've tucked-away deep in my memory, and of the blessings disguised as challenges we can encounter. The work of the Companions and sisters is humbling, and we're reminded of how sacred Camino is:

'In a Europe in need of a new evangelization, where tourism and pilgrimage intersect, a Christian welcome on the Camino means helping to make the journey a place of encounter with Christ.
The church has this treasure of St. James the Apostle, and it’s a Christian heritage, but it’s also universal,” Father Alemany said. “People who might not otherwise get to know Jesus can get to know him through the Camino.” Bridgette Ryder, Author & Journalist.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am not sure which sub-forum is best for this.

A thoughtful article on the spiritual and Christian side of the pilgrimage.
Thanks, @timr, a second enjoyable article, following one from @t2andreo recently. When we know more about where we come from, we know more about who we are and can become!
The ACC room is upstairs from the compostela desks, room 6 and there are other welcome rooms for speakers of some other languages also. As well as the listening ear, if the room is not too busy, there is a possibility of a cup of Barry's tea. Irish - if you can believe it..

Thanks, @timr, a second enjoyable article, following one from @t2andreo recently. When we know more about where we come from, we know more about who we are and can become!
The ACC room is upstairs from the compostela desks, room 6 and there are other welcome rooms for speakers of some other languages also. As well as the listening ear, if the room is not too busy, there is a possibility of a cup of Barry's tea. Irish - if you can believe it..
Tea ! And nary a mention of the hard stuff (poteen) :)

It'll be shamrocks instead of watercress next !!

Samarkand.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
An interesting and thought-provoking article, even for non-Catholics. I especially liked the switched-up line from TS Elliot.

As a non Catholic/Christian, generally speaking I become uncomfortable and even times angry when I speak to someone who evangelizes about Christ and then intentionally or not tries to convince me to change my beliefs which does anger me. Intentionally or not they are diminishing what I believe.
I read this article and although I was a little uncomfortable with some of it I know that it was written in a Jesuit publication so there should be no judgement.
I have heard about Sister Katherine. I have never met her and since I arrive in Santiago in December I have no chance to meet her. But I will say I have met some incredible nuns and priests and brothers all along the Camino who I have had wonderful and at times really deep and meaningful conversations with.
A non denominational candle service many years ago at this donativo in Bercianos. It was a night of helping to prepare a communal dinner, singing songs and the service I will never forget.
Or in Carrion de Los Condos when a nun offered me a religious symbol (I am not sure what you call it but it was a ribbon with either a cross or a depiction of Jesus). I respectfully declined and told her I was Jewish. (Thank goodness I can speak enough Spanish to of had this conversation). She took my hand and said it matters none. That anyone who truely believes in Jesus' love and follows his teachings could care less what anyone's beliefs were. He only was love. She said anyone who would judge me because I was not a Christian was not a true believer of Christ and twisted what Christ believed and what he lived by. I am sure Sister Katherine would be wonderful to talk with.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

In the Guardian. Interesting "Letters to the Editor..." https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/apr/18/a-modern-pilgrimages-transformative-power?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back