Search 62305 Camino Questions

anyone in Jan 09 to the Camino Frances?

raholeck

Hi, I'm planning (just planning!) a trip in the middle of January.
I'm a little bit afraid of the snow and breezes up in the mountains and therefore wouldn't dare to go alone.
So far no one from my country has wanted to come. Are there many people on the road.. for those who have walked the track in winter??

If you think you'd like to come walking to Santiago in January, write me raholeck@gmail.com.

All the best to the pilgrims,
Maria

Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino
How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
raholeck said:
Hi, I'm planning (just planning!) a trip in the middle of January.
I'm a little bit afraid of the snow and breezes up in the mountains and therefore wouldn't dare to go alone.
So far no one from my country has wanted to come. Are there many people on the road.. for those who have walked the track in winter??

If you think you'd like to come walking to Santiago in January, write me raholeck@gmail.com.

All the best to the pilgrims,
Maria

May be on the weekend of the 7th or the weekend of the 21st february, I will walk between Astorga and Ponferrada. First day Astorga-Foncebadon and second one Foncebadon-Ponferrada. Just like I did last year.

It's the first day since Roncesvalles with high mountains. May be with some snow.

Not many people walking. Albergues opened are enough to walk but most are closed. Ask the hospitaleros for the next opened ones. And be careful with the darkness time, when yellow arrows are not easy to be found.

Buen Camino, ask all your doubts, and may be we can walk on february.

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Most read last week in this forum

A recent article in the Diario de Burgos described how the “peregrino vegetal” was being taken down. I don’t recall anyone having mentioned it on the forum (though maybe I just missed it), so I...
Back in 2019, my wife and I started the CF with the intention of doing it in stages: SJPP-Burgos, Burgos-Leon, Leon-SdC. With Covid, our travels were interrupted until last year. Fearing larger...
In the Spring of 2021, I posted “Getting Small”, about pack size and “The In-Between Places” about maybe taking a slower pace and staying in some of the villages and towns between the typically...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides