• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone on the Madrid Route? How's the weather?

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
How's the weather on the Madrid route?
I've checked via the internet, but that's not always spot on.

Rain?
Sun?
Wind?

What should I bring?
I'm leaving Thursday.
:::happy dance::

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
How's the weather on the Madrid route?
I've checked via the internet, but that's not always spot on.

Rain?
Sun?
Wind?

What should I bring?
I'm leaving Thursday.

Buen camino, Annie, sorry I can't give you any info on this year's weather, though. Just wanted to say I hope you love this route and its many beautiful parts.

I walked in early May a few years ago and was glad I had my wool gloves, even though a lot of the days were warm. Lightweight fleece (of the 100 variety) is all I ever bring for warmth in May, and though I sometimes had to layer on my rain jacket, I was fine.

Are you planning a detour to see Valladolid?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I've walked today with my group from Navacerrada to Cercedilla. The weather was fantastic for walking (10 to 15ºC). sunny but a bit chilly and windy in the morning The field is now very green. The weather forecast is good for the next days
In Cercedilla I met an Italian pilgrim , who was looking for the albergue. He told me he had got to Cercedilla in only 2 stages: Madrid- Colmenar, Colmenar- Cercedilla. He must be in a good shape.

Have a good Camino, the wheater won't be a problem, unless in Castille (I don't know in Galicia).

I'm leaving Thursday.

Annie, keep a lookout for two French men, Etienne and Raymond. Both in their early 60s. They are setting out right around when you are. They are the two men I walked with last year for nearly the entire Camino de Levante. They plan to walk Camino de Madrid, Sahagún to León, then the Salvador and Primitivo. If you (or anyone else) meet them, give them a huge hug from me. I´m hoping to walk with them again next year. Buen camino, Laurie

Annie, keep a lookout for two French men, Etienne and Raymond. Both in their early 60s. They are setting out right around when you are. They are the two men I walked with last year for nearly the entire Camino de Levante. They plan to walk Camino de Madrid, Sahagún to León, then the Salvador and Primitivo. If you (or anyone else) meet them, give them a huge hug from me. I´m hoping to walk with them again next year. Buen camino, Laurie

I'll do that, Laurie!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Buen camino, Annie, sorry I can't give you any info on this year's weather, though. Just wanted to say I hope you love this route and its many beautiful parts.

I walked in early May a few years ago and was glad I had my wool gloves, even though a lot of the days were warm. Lightweight fleece (of the 100 variety) is all I ever bring for warmth in May, and though I sometimes had to layer on my rain jacket, I was fine.

Are you planning a detour to see Valladolid?

Since we are stretched for time (have to pick up the group in Pamplona) and since Joe has seen Valladolid, I imagine we will not stop this time through.
But you never know… I change my mind daily depending on how I feel, the weather, and (fill in the blank)! lol! If we do, I have your notes!

And OOoooooooooo! I'm excited!
Today I checked the weather and it looks sunny and warm Friday through Sunday!
I hope that holds!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back