• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Australian woman planning to walk September 2007 ...

Pauline

...do I take the northern coastal walk [Ruta del Norte] or as a first time do I stay on the Camino Frances and save the northern path for my return ?!

I would welcome the advise of those who have walked at this time before [and thank you all for your wonderful, compassionate commentary of your shared experiences, invaluable to one pondering such a journey]

I would also welcome a reply from any who will be in the area at the time, it will be assuring to be in contact with others who may be there when I am [may help me to step a little closer to the journey !]

THANK YOU for all who manage this site and update the foums ... I am so fortunate to have happened upon this, it has given me so much already, thank you !

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola Pauline!
My husband and I are starting at Roncesvalles in late September.
I will certainly look out for a fellow pilgrim from "Down Under"! - are you walking by yourself? I bet you are getting excited already, what with all the preparations and planning!
Buen camino!
Hilary

Are you from Sydney? If so, there is a group of pre-and post-pilgrims who meet monthly for wither dinner or lunch.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Pauline,

I believe the Camino is "custom made," like life-you design and live it as you want and/or as it comes, go where it takes you. Though it's a good idea to plan for it as much as possible, in the end, much of what you plan for, would not be precisely what may be in store for you.

Buen Camino :arrow:

xm

Me too!

Hi folks,

I'll also be doing the route in September 2007. I was going to start in Roncesvalles around the 14th. I'd like to keep in touch and know a few people along the way! I'm Irish, age 25 and looking forward to the trip! After reading the forum pages I feel like I should be getting on a plane now to go!

Stay in touch,

Jenny

... feel like I should be getting on a plane now to go!

:lol: Ditto, diego :!: U r in good company. No matter, our time will come, soon... With me it's the Willie Nelson thing...
can't wait to get on the Road again.

Buen Camino,

xm 8)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
September Babes

We had the May Babies and now we could have the September Babes! Although I will be starting from Roncesvalles on 23rd August, most of the walking will be in September.
Look out for a senior citizen with white hair shaved to a No.2, wearing South African flag shorts and a bright orange backpack.
If our badges are not ready by then, I'll have a yellow smiley face pinned to my backpack. I'll be walking with two other senior citizens and we will be offering foot massages and Abrazos Gratis along the way!

Australian woman

Hi Pauline and Hillary,
I'm from Perth and planning to set out from Roncevalles mid- to late September.
I plan to take things very easy for the first few days, so we may meet up on the road.
Maybe we could have an Aussie group called the Walking Matildas! :lol:

Antonio

Hello Fellow Aussie Pilgrims,

My name is Sonia from Sydney, I'm also planning on walking the Camino Frances on the 20th Sept. I'm so excited...

Magnara mentioned a group which meet on a monthly basis. I believe the next meeting is on Sat 2nd June around midday at the Spanish Club (Liverpool St) I've attended once before and intend of hooking up with the group next month. It's a great place to hear from people who have walk the Camino and meet people like us planning our Caminos.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
It's great to hear of so many Aussies doing the Camino, I too am heading off in Septemeber, the current plan is to be on the road around the 5th. Originally I had company but now I am on my own. My mate Grant wants me to defer until 2008 but I don't think I can wait any longer. I am from Melbourne and would love to compare notes on shoes/boots, what to take and how to get there etc with anyone who is going soon or been there.

Hey Rod,

I'm contemplating hitting the Camino either 6th or 13th September, still playing around with both dates.

Have you bought your boots and gear yet? I'm off to buy my boots this week, can't wait to start breaking them in.

Where are you starting from?

Sonia
:D

I too (another Aussie - from Adelaide) will be on the camino in September, hopefully in Roncevalles around the 6th September - having walked from Le Puy (starting on the 4th August). I realise it will be very hot - and very crowded, but it is the only time that I can go due to work commitments. The thing that concerns me is that in August, in France, accomodation / restaurants etc may well be closed due to the fact that the owners too go on holidays. We will be prepared to make a bivvy if we have to!!! In 2005 I walked from Toulouse through to SDC via the Camino Aragonese.

Buen Camino, Janet

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
fellow aussies

Hi all,

I am amazed at the amount of aussies I am from Sydney. I leave for Europe on the 9th of July and was wondering when the next meeting in Sydney would be? Hopefully I havent missed it :(

Also I will be starting in Roncevalles early September so I can hopefully meet up with everyone Aussie or other wise along the way... Same with a lot of people I am doing it on my own and have to start my planning soon. I suffer from always wanting to wing it... probably not the best idea.

If you have any valuable tips that would be awesome... If not please stay in touch before you leave..

Alex

Hi alexico,
From memory the next CSJ meeting is on the 3rd of July at the Spanish Club on Liverpool St in the City. I went to the last meeting and had a grea time, met lots of interesting people and got some useful info. If you can make it you should certainly come along.

I'll try and find the exact details of the next meeting for you.

Alex

Hi Alexico,

I too attended last month's pilgrim gathering and met up with Aarleks. It was great to meet up someone I've been chatting to on this forum. Like Aarleks I found the gathering to be very informative.

The next gathering is held on Saturday 4th August at 12pm.
The address is: Spanish Club, 88 Liverpool Street, Sydney.

I believe they're holding a dinner at the same place on the first Tuesday of next month. (July). I'll have to confirm the time.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next gathering.

Aarleks will you be heading out to the next gathering?

Cheers
Sonia

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Alex and Sonia,

I would definately like to meet up at the Spanish Club in July. I am very excited to meet people from Sydney who will be completing the prilgrimage, please keep me informed when the July dinner is on.

I will have to keep searching the site to find more info as I go along.

Thanks for the reply and take care

Alex

Hi Guys,

I've just been informed, the pilgrims gathering dinner will be held on Tuesday 3rd July @ 7pm at the Spanish Club. Alexico you'll be able to spot the pilgrims as some of them will be wearing shells.

Alex - at this point I'm not 100% sure if I'll make it, but you never know :wink: I'll keep you posted

Enjoy!
Sonia

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey Sonia,

I will definately go tomorrow so I hope to see you there. It would be good to see you and have a chat. let me know. Do I have to send a message to anyone or is it ok if I just show up tomorrow?

If I dont see you I hope we will meet on the prilgrimage.

Take care
Alex

Hey Alex,

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the dinner tomorrow night due to other commitments, although I'll be at August's gathering, so maybe we can meet up then.

When r u starting your walk? R u starting from SJPP?

Sonia

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back