• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bags between towns

Kathleen tracy

Time of past OR future Camino
Astorga to santiago de compostela
Hi another question plse. How do i bus my rucksack ahead of me from bnb to bnb so that it is totally safe?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There are a number of companies that do this along the various Caminos, like Jacotrans. A quick search of the forum will yield opinions on all of them. The flagship service seems to be the Spanish Post Office, that serves everywhere. Check out https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/services for full details. I used this service when my wife developed knee problems, and it worked flawlessly.

Buen Camino

For Jacotrans and the like, its 5 euros (to 15kg) to Sarria, and then 3 euros for the rest. You pick up the envelopes from where you are staying, fill it in, pop in the money and tie to your bag, Leave it in reception or wherever the bags are picked up from in the morning.
You can use them daily or sporadically. Really easy

edited to add 5 euros per stage

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Or just ask the hospitalero (in private albergues). Local taxi drives in villages seem to moonlight frequently as backpack carriers between towns. And I guess the hospitaleros get a marginal commision, too...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For Jacotrans and the like, its 5 euros (to 15kg) to Sarria, and then 3 euros for the rest. You pick up the envelopes from where you are staying, fill it in, pop in the money and tie to your bag, Leave it in reception or wherever the bags are picked up from in the morning.
You can use them daily or sporadically. Really easy
And be sure the company you use knows your pack needs to be picked up. Ask the hospitalero. Some companies pick up daily from the albergues, others require you to call and reserve the night before. The hospitalero will know. If you are staying in a hostel, casa rurale or hotel you will almost certainly have to reserve. In albergues, not so much. It will all become very easy after day one.

My wife and I just completed our third camino frances. During our first camino (2015), she developed blisters, which caused her to walk differently. Over time, she developed severe knee pain. We learned about Jako-trans and began shipping her backpack ahead each day - from Carrion de los Condes to Santiago and never had any problems. During our second camino (2017) we used Jakotrans every stage (except there is a different service, Express Boiuricot) from St Jean to Roncesvalles). Again, flawless performance. For our third camino (2019), I contacted Jakotrans on line and was able to email them our hiking plan, which included each date, the town we were staying in and the albergue. The first two caminos, I carried my backpack every step from St Jean to Santiago. For our third camino, I decided to also ship my pack ahead for the most challenging 8 or 9 stages. They confirmed the plan back to me and we pre-paid for their service, which included a 25% discount. I printed out a hang tag with a bar code for her backpack. We laminated the hang tag and simply hung this on her backpack. It was great not having to hassle with the envelopes and finding change each night. This worked well again! We're going to do this again during our 4th camino in 2020. Bob

Hi another question plse. How do i bus my rucksack ahead of me from bnb to bnb so that it is totally safe?
Hola ,
Check out these guys, PILBEO.
www.pilbeo.com

Walked with a buddy in September who was recovering from a back operation and so couldn’t carry his backpack. He used PILBEO. They were excellent from start to finish 👍

Buen Camino
P

A selection of Camino Jewellery
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back