A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Beach in Spain

Terry Callery

Chi Walker
Camino(s) past & future
"Portuguese Camino - In Search of the Infinite Moment" Amazon/Kindle books authored
"Slow Camino"
Check out this website for EU reopening information

This beach is Spain is roped off to give each visitor their own tiny square to
insure social distancing - seems weird.
They do the same thing harvesting blueberries here in Maine.
So the blueberry rakers will methodically work one square, then move to the next so as not to miss an area.5eeb3924300000682e1581bb.jpeg

Attachments

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Currently on a "Virtual" Camino and striding out across Castile y Leon!
Check out this website for EU reopening information

This beach is Spain is roped off to give each visitor their own tiny square to
insure social distancing - seems weird.
They do the same thing harvesting blueberries here in Maine.
So the blueberry rakers will methodically work one square, then move to the next so as not to miss an area.View attachment 77208
Watched a documentary on the finding of Tutankhamen's tomb last night. Howard Carter did the same thing: squared off the search area and crossed each one off until he was left with just two whereupon a young water pot boy discovered the first step that led down to "wondrous things".

But how do you get to your square of sand without crossing those of others? If it was England the beach would be nearly empty and a family would come down and pick the square right next to yours. Happens in empty car parks too.

Kathar1na

Camino(s) past & future
To Santiago and beyond (from home; Voie de Tours; Camino Francés; Biskaya; Manche; Via Brabantica)
But how do you get to your square of sand without crossing those of others?
From the wide 'avenue' that is either to the right or to the left of your chosen spot. They had apparently thought about this before they put down their blue lines. :cool:. And when you think of how packed the popular Spanish beaches are in the summer months - this must be bliss for many people, to have so much of your own space and sand on the beach! Makes you want to go ...

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Currently on a "Virtual" Camino and striding out across Castile y Leon!
From the wide 'avenue' that is either to the right or to the left of your chosen spot. They had apparently thought about this before they put down their blue lines. :cool:
🤦‍♂️ I thought that open strip was the "common area" along the waters edge . . . I'm going to miss being a European.
;)

Terry Callery

Chi Walker
Camino(s) past & future
"Portuguese Camino - In Search of the Infinite Moment" Amazon/Kindle books authored
"Slow Camino"
Yes beach is in Benidorm!
Photo from news article in Huffington Post.

pelerine

Camino(s) past & future
Norte 10, Primitivo 13, Plata 14+15, Salvador 16, Torres 17, Portugues 18, Mozarabe 19
But how do you get to your square of sand without crossing those of others?
And you would have to sit in the middle of your patch! In Terry’s photo they are right on the border/frontier. If the next patch’s inhabitants set themselves next to the border with you, you have a party together and still stay within the rules as layd down by the cords.

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
And you would have to sit in the middle of your patch! In Terry’s photo they are right on the border/frontier. If the next patch’s inhabitants set themselves next to the border with you, you have a party together and still stay within the rules as layd down by the cords.
As is the case with (almost) any rule, they require you to show some common sense – which, of course, is the weakness of (almost) any rule 😉

Mike Blackard

Camino(s) past & future
CF -Sept.-Oct 2018 , CF Aug- Oct 2019
(CF or VdlP summer/fall 2020)
Hi Terry, glad to see you back on the forum! Last year, after finishing the camino, and bussing to Finisterre, Muxia and Lugo, I rented a car and drove to Alicante & Benidorm. The beach was a little more crowded, but I did find a spot to lay down in the sun. After next camino (whenever that might be) I'm thinking about renting a place for a few months back there! I'm positive, I am laying on the same spot of sand as in your picture! The island off shore was right there! BTW- for all my fellow Camino Frances peregrinos, I really enjoyed Terry's "Slow Camino" book. It was fun comparing my experiences with what he did. Also, his "Portuguese Camino-In search of the infinite moment" gives you a great insight into another was to get to Santiago.

Attachments

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock