A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Beds for Pilgrims in Tabara: a Peaceable Project!

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Camino(s) past & future
Many, various, and continuing.
The latest Peaceable Project opportunity is in Tabara, in Zamora province on the Camino Sanabres branch of the Via de la Plata.
The little donativo albergue there opened 16 years ago, and thousands of pilgrims have dined, rested, and slept there since. But 16 years of hard use have taken a toll on the seven bright orange bunks... about a third of them are beyond repair. The mattresses that were new back in 2003 are now.. pretty flat! So... new beds, and 14 new mattresses are needed.

Jose Almeida, the visionary in charge, has some money saved up, but if we can raise 2,000 euro we can re-equip the whole place before the 2019 season kicks off.
Wadda ya say, folks?
No donativo is too small or large, and Peaceable Projects Inc. is a 501c3 registered charity in the United States.
Visit the website at https://www.peaceableprojects.org to get all the details and dowasap enero 19 042.jpg your part. wasap enero 19 045.jpg

Attachments

davebugg

"When I Have Your Wounded" - Dustoff Motto
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
The latest Peaceable Project opportunity is in Tabara, in Zamora province on the Camino Sanabres branch of the Via de la Plata.
Thank you for posting this, Rebekah; I sent a $250.00 donation earmarked for that project.

Please, folks, contribute what you can.

C clearly

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016). Seville-Astorga (Mar 2017). Mozarabe (Apr-May 2018)
I hope to be passing by there in the spring.

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (14/15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/??/Invierno ('19)
Wadda ya say, folks?
I say, YES! Brava and Bravo, Reb and Jose.
(And never let an opportunity to be generous go by without offering a little something because it all adds up, both the happiness on the giving end and the total amount on the receiving end.
Thanks, Rebekah, for the bringing all of us into the joy loop!)

Last edited:

Martyduc

Hunter Valley,Australia
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 15,Portuguese 16,Finisterre Muxia 16,Ingles16,, Almeria to Muxia,Finesterre 18,,Camino 19 ??
The little donativo albergue there opened 16 years ago, and thousands of pilgrims have dined, rested, and slept there since. But 16 years of hard use have taken a toll on the seven bright orange bunks... about a third of them are beyond repair. The mattresses that were new back in 2003 are now.. pretty flat! So... new beds, and 14 new mattresses are needed.

Jose Almeida, the visionary in charge, has some money saved up, but if we can raise 2,000 euro we can re-equip the whole place before the 2019 season kicks off.
Wadda ya say, folks?
No donativo is too small or large, and Peaceable Projects Inc. is a 501c3 registered charity in the United States.
Visit the website at https://www.peaceableprojects.org to get all the details and doView attachment 51292 your part. View attachment 51289
small donation done,,,, thank you all, i had a wonderful night there last spring with a very cold start next morning,,, still have one of Joses handmade crosses

HighlandsHiker

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015 & 2016); Portuguese (2017); Le Puy/Norte/Primitivo/Verde (2018). 2019 - San Salvador+

Wadda ya say, folks?
Visit the website at https://www.peaceableprojects.org to get all the details and doView attachment 51292 your part. View attachment 51289
Thanks for doing this, Rebekah, and greetings again from your hometown! Site visited, donation made, and may well stop by the albergue on this Spring VdlP hike. Best wishes for your projects!

Last edited:

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
CF-Finisterra-Muxia 2017; SK Camino Kosiče-Levoča 2017; Norte Mar’18; Ingles Nov’18; VDLP Mar’19
Done. @Rebekah Scott I didn’t note that it was for Tabara, can you ensure that’s what I donated $200 towards? Hope there are new beds by April 4th 😉

Last edited:

Paladina

Camino(s) past & future
Cycled caminos francés, Finisterre, primitivo & del norte (2017); VdlP/Sanabres, ingles et al (2018)
As this is one of my all-time favourite albergues I am glad to make a contribution that will enable Jose to continue to provide such outstanding hospitality. As well as money, however, Jose surely deserves more consideration than some pilgrims have shown him. When I stayed there last Spring, of the ten guests who had assented to his offer of breakfast at 7 a.m. only three honoured the agreement. While it may have been too late a start for some of the walkers, they could, and indeed should, have said so at dinner the night before. I don’t think I would have been as gracious as he was at the discourtesy. Thank you, @Rebekah Scott for your active support for his mission.

Stephen

Camino(s) past & future
Twice walked from St Jean to Estella and once from Sarria to Santiago. Maybe someday I'll find the time to do the entire walk.
I've found the time. Just completed SJPP to Santiago. 25 Aug to 1st Oct, 2016.
And now the Portuguese from Lisbon.
Donated $100.
The Tabara albergue is small, the same can't be said of the heart of the hospitalero. He's a good man.

Raggy

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Mozarabe Almeria (2017)
Cherhill to Canterbury - Pilgrims' Way (2018)
Via Francigena (2019)
Made a small donation and I am pleased to see that others are doing the same.
Jose Almeida is so devoted to the camino. It's inspiring.

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
Time to beat the drum for making monthly donations to Peaceable Projects. It's easy, just set up a regular payment to their Paypal account from you bank account.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 40 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 136 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 222 24.8%