• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Best Restaurants in Santiago for Authentic Cuisine

koilife

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF '13; CF/Salvador/Ingles '16; Portugues '22
I have some very dear friends arriving in SdC on the Frances at the same time as my son and I are arriving from the Ingles. I'd like to take them out for a truly authentic Spanish cuisine experience (they've eaten exclusively pilgrim fare for the last 30 days).

I'd like to keep things somewhere in the 50€ per person range, but am willing to go higher for the right place. Of value would be a place that allows for variety and more smaller dishes, even samplers, rather than a large dishes that limit the range of what people can try.

Suggestions? Please include rationale or details.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Which pope?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
http://dezaseis.com/
Con culler opened 4 months ago and offers refined meals.
Then there's the "pick your fish/seafood and have it prepared the way you like it" at the market, but for lunch.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Not in the €50 price range but full of pilgrims, between the cathedral and the pilgrims office and with the most wonderful service and delightful cheap but oh so tasty food is Restaurante Tavara. Nothing but praise for the 3 meals I ate there. Once at €8.50 and twice splashing out at €14. Pretty much guaranteed to either have part of your Camino family walk in, be queuing outside or passing by on their way to or from the pilgrims office.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
So, we ended up at Abastos 2.0 where they had essentially a tasting menu for the evening (it changes nightly). It was absolutely extraordinary, probably on the top 10 list of meals in my life. Our waiter was one of the family that owns and runs it. He explained each of the dishes and how to eat it (not obvious with a few of them).

All totaled, with the full meal, wine, and pre-meal drinks, I think we landed right around 40€ per person, possibly a bit more (my friends swiped the check before I knew what they were doing).

Duly noted for October! Thanks for the recommendation.

Most read last week in this forum