• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz - SJdP

noway

Hi everyone,

sitting at work but my mind is somewhere else :)

On Friday (11/06-15) i travel from Oslo and arrive in Biarritz at 14:05 and start walking on Saturday.

My final challenge is then getting from Biarritz airport to SJdP. I have reviewed several posts here about the subject, but I'm still at loss as to what to do. Please help :)

/paul

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I found this company online. http://www.biarritzairporttransfers.com I have not used them but they get good reviews on Tripadvisor. I think I will try them going the other direction after I do Le Puy to St. Jean this fall. Just sounds more straightforward than bus/train/taxi options. Also Express Bourricot offers transport, but their pricing is dependent on how many riders they get in a van per trip. http://www.expressbourricot.com/en/

I stand by the easy way. It was very quick & simple
Here's that information:
EXPRESS BOURRICOT
transport bagages, pèlerins, séjours culturelsCaroline Aphessetche
Maison Jauberriko borda
64220 Ispoure
France
Tel: (+33) (0)6 61 96 04 76
Email: apcaroline@hotmail.com

And FWIW, the friendly and helpful person who stamped my credencial in the SJPP pilgrims' office (2 months ago) was happy to chat; he said that May and Sept are the most crowded--so much so that there is little time for him to talk and to meet people. Not everyone is comfortable with that kind of uncertainty, so if you'd be more at ease having your first night on the road guaranteed, it might be a good idea to book. Plenty of time later to be more 'daring'.

Hi everyone,

sitting at work but my mind is somewhere else :)

On Friday (11/06-15) i travel from Oslo and arrive in Biarritz at 14:05 and start walking on Saturday.

My final challenge is then getting from Biarritz airport to SJdP. I have reviewed several posts here about the subject, but I'm still at loss as to what to do. Please help :)

/paul
Hi, recently completed this journey with complete ease. There is a lassie called Caroline who runs a very efficient Taxi service from Biarritz Airport to the Tourist Office in St Jean de P. It cost €18 .... the cost can be more depending on how many she has booked in. Her contact details are .... 00 33 66 1960476. Buen Camino and Enjoy !! Paddy

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Paul,
I have to agree with MTtoCamino. EXPRESS BOURRICOT were absolutely brilliant! From door to door Biarritz to SJPP. It was seemless and no worries at all. Time to sit back and relax settle in and take in the scenery. Your 1st climb out of SJPP will take all your energy so great to chill and relax on day 1 to mentally prepare and gather last few bits and pieces for the climb. I am getting itchy feet here in Dublin. Would give my right arm to be there again in SJPP starting this wonderful journey. Ger

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back