• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bilbao airport to Logrono (in a hurry)

Gilbert13

Hi Folks,
I'm planning to walk 4-5 days of the Camino in the next fortnight, beginning in Logrono and ending up, well, let's wait and see. I'm using the short journey as a 'taster' for when I do the whole pilgrimage route next year.
My flight from Dublin arrives in Bilbao at 3.50 and I think there is a bus to Logrono at 5.Questions are
1. Do you think this is do-able? Obviously I would need to get a taxi.
2. Where does the bus depart? Bus station or road side?
3. I will obviously arrive in Logrono late in the day. Does that rule out the pilgim hostels? I'm assuming it probably will. So have been trying to call a few pensions, they are either full or don't understand my appaling spanish. Any advice? (I don't have the bucks to cover a nice hotel)

Many many thanks

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Information on how to get from the airport to the Termibus station: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Sat ... 658432537/ Buses leave every 20 minutes, until midnight.

List (horario) of buses to Logrono from Bilbao: http://www.movelia.es/transicion_alsa/v ... billete=1#

What you might want to consider, especially if you can't find a place to stay in Logrono that you can afford, is to overnight it in Bilbao & take the 7:00 a.m. bus the next day. Then start your camino from the Logrono bus station (it's close to the Camino). You might not get as far as you like that first day, but it would save you the problem of getting to Logrono & finding a place to stay.

Buen Camino!

Kelly

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi Gilbert
hurry hurry taxi's buses,if your after a taste of the camino-relax chill-Bilbao is on the camino,get a pilgrim passport there,turn right to Santander or left to San Sebastian,you'll find your camino-enjoy the taste.
Ian

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Fear not Ian, 3 days chillin in San Sebastian is in the bag already! But not till after my feet have been put to use.

Thanks for the web links Kelly. I think I will probably risk heading to Logrono, but will probably leave the decision to when I arrive.

Thank you for you help again.

In both 2007 and 2008 I arrived to start my Camino having flown in to Reus from Liverpool and taken the train to Logrono.

In 2007 the warden at Logrono found me space on a priest's kitchen floor because the albergue was full.

In 2008 I was allowed to stay in the albergue as there were plenty of beds.

They understood that L is a starting point for some people and will perhaps be a bit more sympathetic than in other places.

Much will depend on whether the albergue is full or not.

I will be walking through San Sebastian on the 21/22,look out for the out of breath Pilgrim-looking to chill with a nice cold pint.
Ian

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hey Folks,
I returned from sunny Spain on Saturday. I took 5 days and walked from Logrono to 10k away from Burgos. I had a lovely time to boot (and that's without referencing my 3 days on the beach in San Sebastian).

In case anyone needs to get to Logrono a hurry, here is my feedback.

My flight got into Bilbao at close to 4pm. I took a taxi to the bus station, which took a mere 25 mins, even at this busy time of the day. Hence I made the 5 bus to Logrono in plenty of time.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back