• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Booking bus ticket from santiago to sarria.

nighrainne

I am heading over on Friday 19/08/11 to do the last stage. Since there is only one bus to sarria on a friday, does anyone know if I should book ahead of arriving there and if so is there a site in English that I can book from? The monbus site does not seem to have info on this. Thanks...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I doubt you'll need to book ahead.
You can get any number of buses to Lugo first and then to Sarria.
Santiago to Lugo on http://www.empresafreire.com
Then a half hour ride to Sarria on the Monbus.

Sil's spot on. Just make sure you have some low denomination Euro notes because the bus fare in December 2010 was 8.35€ to Lugo and 3.35€ Lugo to Sarria.

You haven't enough time for a ticket to be sent to you anyway and I doubt if they do Internet print offs for that sort of fare. There really is no need to worry.

As I got on the Lugo bus at Santiago airport I paid the driver and did the same at Lugo on the Monbus.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
what time are the buses from santiago to lubus then to sarria on a sunday ??

we arrive at approx 8pm ?? will the bus be there
thanks

SDC to Lugo on Empresa Freire, S.L.
Available buses:
August the 28, 2011, Sunday.

Depart.Arrivals Days of service
7:00 9:00 SMTWTFS
11:00 13:00 SMTWTFS
16:00 18:05 SMTWTFS
17:00 18:35 SMTWTFS
18:30 20:30 SMTWTFS
20:00 21:55 MTWTFS

Don't know which Sunday you're going, hope you get this in time.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
There has been some discussion about getting one way tickets to have more flexibility. Unfortunately I had to cut my Camino short because I was getting shin splints. Because I had a flexible...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back