• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Borda Albergue Services ?

Time of past OR future Camino
2014 Pamplona to Burgos, 2017 SJDP to Santiago,
Hi thinking of staying at the Borda Albergue next year
Do they offer lunch and drinks and if so at what price ?

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I haven't stayed there yet, but I think that they just serve dinner and breakfast. You could stop at Orisson on the way for lunch.

You can contact Borda through their website:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I stayed there last year. Excellent stay with some welcome lemonade in the afternoon, outstanding pilgrim dinner with introductions, and a very simple breakfast. No sit down lunch. They offered lunch picnic items--baquette, snack, drink, apple--for 8 euros, but it wasn't worth it. The bread was stale and I could hardly hork it down....but I forced it down in the warming shelter on the mountain, I was so hungry! I recommend buying lunch food in SJPDP for the trip beyond Borda....even as you need to save it overnight.

They have a Facebook page. My group stayed there last year, but this year they booked up quick and we were unable to get beds the day we needed them. I paid 45 Euros for each bed, a wonderful dinner, and a nice breakfast. Well worth the price because you also get a private little cubby to sleep in. I love that place!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Borda is a great place to stay. Included in the price of 43 Euros is an amazing dinner and breakfast. Laurrent packs a lunch for 8 Euros and it was a life saver on the mountain. I slept there on the 8th of April. It houses 16 guests and gets booked up quickly so book early. Stop at Orisson for lunch before going to Borda. Borda opens at 14:30. They do a combined load of washing and worked out 2 Euros for wash and dry because 5 people did it. I slept at Roncesvalles last night and I would recommend you pass here. Pop in to see what it looks like and go to the next town. It is really too big.

Planning on stopping at Orisson for a drink and lunch, photos, etc. before continuing on to Borda for the night. Stayed at Orisson in Sept. 2018, but really excited about Borda. It looks so lovely.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
My wife and I stayed there in 2019 and will do so again next month. Laurent runs a fantastic operation and I highly recommed staying there. He goes above and beyond in providing a caring and relaxing experience.

As previously mentioned, breakfast and dinner are excellent. When departing in the morning, a to go lunch is offered which is more than enough to get you through the Pyrenees.

Looks as though you have answers to your question, but I wanted to add my support for choosing to stay at Borda.

I stayed there in September 2022 and had the most wonderful experience. Laurent is a fantastic host and his place is wonderfully designed for pilgrims. Even though I had a lovely stay in SJPDP, the folks I met at Borda became my Camino family, many of whom I am still in contact with.

Borda is magical, and if you can get a bed there, do it!

Buen Camino!

I haven't stayed there yet, but I think that they just serve dinner and breakfast. You could stop at Orisson on the way for lunch.

You can contact Borda through their website:

My friend and I stayed at Borda and it was great!! I really recommend it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I stayed there last night. Laurent is a wonderful host. Offers communal dinner, max of 14 people. Offers lunch to go for 8€. I think a bottle of beer was 2€ but red wine was complimentary and plentiful at dinner.
It was a beautiful place to stay and a lovely community feel to it.

Hello Scott ,
like so many already said, it is very good place to stay for the night,
I stayed there one night in April 2022, and liked the good pilgrim dinner and other pilgrims who were staying there, dinner and b/f was included in 40/45 Euros , carry on lunch was 8 euros extra, for beer one have to pay, but wine was included with the dinner.
Laurant is a wonderful host, do and say the right things to make you feel comfy.
It is only about km up from Orison ,where I had lunch with great view of the Pyrenees , (if it not,cloudy,rainy or foggy)
every pilgrim have their privacy by pulling the curtain at your bed.

I would recommend for staying there if any pilgrim want to stay and there is bed available.
Good Luck,
Buen Camino.. 🇨🇦

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I stayed there last year. Excellent stay with some welcome lemonade in the afternoon, outstanding pilgrim dinner with introductions, and a very simple breakfast. No sit down lunch. They offered lunch picnic items--baquette, snack, drink, apple--for 8 euros, but it wasn't worth it. The bread was stale and I could hardly hork it down....but I forced it down in the warming shelter on the mountain, I was so hungry! I recommend buying lunch food in SJPDP for the trip beyond Borda....even as you need to save it overnight.
I disagree about the lunch at Borda; mine was excellent and it lasted for two days as it was a huge sandwich. Borda was fabulous. Real cotton pillowcases, lovely, new showers/bathrooms, large, fluffy white towels for a small fee, curtains surrounding the bunks (all lower bunks), and gorgeous views over the Pyrenees. Great experience.

Just checked into Borda. Great hot showers (coin for 4 min) room with 4 single beds with curtains & our own shower & toilet. Sink is in our room. Looking forward to dinner & breakfast.
He greeted us with hot tea which was welcome as we were all wet & cold. You have to leave your pack downstairs though & put your stuff you want in plastic boxes.

Am already in love with this place.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back